Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 06:35 PM

18,025 posts, read 27,472,437 times

Advertisements

Is CS getting more liberal? I don't know. It's still got it's humor in tact. Very funny Bob. That's public enemy right there. That rodent and a few rabbits. It be Rabbit Season.

A man had just settled into his seat next to the window on the plane when another man sat down in the aisle seat and put his black Labrador Retriever in the middle seat next to the man.

The first man looked very quizzically at the dog and asked why the dog was allowed on the plane.

The second man explained that he was a DEA agent and that the dog was a 'sniffing dog'.

'His name is Sniffer and he's the best there is.

I'll show you once we get airborne, when I put him to work.'

The plane took off, and once it has levelled out, the agent said, 'Watch this.' He told Sniffer to 'search.'

Sniffer jumped down, walked along the aisle, and finally sat very purposefully next to a woman for several seconds.

Sniffer then returned to his seat and put one paw on the agent's arm.

The agent said, 'Good boy', and he turned to the man and said, 'That woman is in possession of marijuana, so I'm making a note of her seat number and the authorities will apprehend her when we land.

'Say, that's pretty neat,' replied the first man.

Once again, the agent sent Sniffer to search the aisles.

The lab sniffed about, sat down beside a man for a few seconds, returned to its seat, and this time he placed two paws on the agent's arm.

The agent said, 'That man is carrying cocaine, so again, I'm making a note of his seat number for the police.'

I like it!' said his seat mate.

The agent then told Sniffer to 'search' again..

Sniffer walked up and down the aisles for a little while, sat down for a moment, and then came racing back to the agent, jumped into the middle seat and proceeded to shat all over the place.

The first man was really grossed out by this behaviour and couldn't figure out how or why a well-trained dog would behave like that, so he asked the agent, 'What's going on?'

The agent nervously replied, 'He just found a bomb.'

Last edited by McGowdog; 07-18-2008 at 06:47 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:27 AM

4 posts, read 18,525 times
Cool The Springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathwhiz View Post
Looking at previous election statistics, Kerry got 32% of the vote in El Paso County.

So basically liberals are outnumbered 2:1.

But it looks like things may have changed a little bit since then.

In 2006, the democrat candidate for Governor Ritter got 40% of the vote in El Paso County.

So at least 40% of voters are willing to vote for a democrat. That's a lot of people in a county close to 600,000.

Is Colorado Springs getting more liberal? Are liberal Californians and North easterners moderating things a little bit? How well is Obama doing in CS? Are people fed up with Bush like everyone else or have they still drunk the kool-aid and voting McCain all the way?

I'm 26 and single and considering a move to Colorado Springs. I'm fiscally conservative and socially liberal with a lot of libertarian positions. I don't care if gays marry or if people smoke dope or if people use prostitutes as long as they aren't hurting anyone and it's all safe. Leave people and there guns alone. I don't want the government taxing me or starting wars that are bankrupting the country with deficits. I also don't want to give illegal immigrants any special benefits. If they cross into our border illegally, we should do what the Mexicans do to the Guatemalans crossing into their border. Arrest them and deport their ass back.

I'm not religious and frankly fundies creep me out big time. I'm kinda concerned about this, being 26 and single. To be blunt, is it going to be hard for an agnostic guy to find dates and meet girls here? Are the girls really uptight about sex because of the religious indoctrination or is it like anywhere else and there's a lot of hypocrisy and "Do as I say, not as I do" stuff. I think sex is a normal part of human relationships and a lot of the religious brainwashing regarding sex disturbs me. I'm not going to find lots of girls in their 20's waiting for sex till they get married, am I?
Colorado is a state of extremes...Boulder on the northside of Denver...Colorado Springs on the south...and even in the Spring...Focus on the Family on the east...one of the largest Wiccan Covens in the country on the west (Manitou Springs...). Personally, I love the place.
As to American politics, a comedian a few years ago said it best. "The election's coming up and I dont' know who to vote for. I can't vote for the Dem's because I like to spend my own money and I can't vote for the Rep's because I like to spend it on drugs and hookers."
Whatever you're political stripe or flavor, you're likely to find an ally and a firm opponent in Colorado Springs!

Old 07-19-2008, 08:46 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,174 times
Lol!

Old 07-19-2008, 11:40 AM

Hey Mathwiz, and whomever I might have upset here. Our egos get in the way from time to time.

You're coming from a certain demographic and a certain age and you have every right to come on here and ask some questions and get some facts and opinions.

To come into the Springs thread and lay down a viewpoint on Bush and the Liberal stance is gutsy. I like that. I can relate to that.

I don't buy into everything the media says, prints, displays, or portrays. For example; 9 US soldiers died in fighting today. OK. Well, how many terrorists-er!!! Insurgents died today? How many of the innocent victims that were killed today were actually harboring terrorists? Etc. I have no clue what the whole picture looks like.

Bush looks like a stupid idiot to me most of the time and he makes me nervous everytime he speaks. But do I hate him? No. Do I think he's a war criminal? No. Many of you do. If it comes down that he is, I'll eat my crow-YET AGAIN! I do, however, hate him for a time when he says stupid stuff like, "We Americans are addicted to Oil." No we're not you stupid Texan! Why do birds fly upside down over Texas? Because there's nothing worth...you get the point.

My CAR is addicted to Oil you DUMB*****!

The way I see it is this; During a new regime, the Terrorists punched us in the jaw. We got knocked down. We went back to our corner and recouped. We fought back with a flurry, maybe sometimes punching the wrong dude, but we're still throwing blows and our Enemy has gone back to it's corner to wait until the next regime. We're about to find out who's right and who's wrong.

So I was offended about the Kool-aid statement and I'm sorry about my reaction. I'll do it this way instead; I'll agree to disagree.

Boy, am I gonna be in the minority. I still don't know who I'm gonna vote for.

I'm trying to become a "Religious" person but I

A) Don't want to get crucified
B) Don't want to be wrong
C) Don't want to pick a side, even if it's supposed to be the winning team

I want everybody to get along. Or as my buddy from Megadeth says, "
Peace Sells, But Who's Buyin'".

Whatdyamean I don't obey the law (sic)? I goto court when I have to!

But I also know that this is the thinking of a boy whistling in the dark. What right does this grain of sand have to think it can play God-Nature-Wicca-Insert Higher Power here- and expect us all to "just get along?" It's a nice dream, but we are who we are. Right?

Old 07-19-2008, 03:11 PM

105 posts, read 478,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Is CS getting more liberal? I don't know. It's still got it's humor in tact. Very funny Bob. That's public enemy right there. That rodent and a few rabbits. It be Rabbit Season.

A man had just settled into his seat next to the window on the plane when another man sat down in the aisle seat and put his black Labrador Retriever in the middle seat next to the man.

The first man looked very quizzically at the dog and asked why the dog was allowed on the plane.

The second man explained that he was a DEA agent and that the dog was a 'sniffing dog'.

'His name is Sniffer and he's the best there is.

I'll show you once we get airborne, when I put him to work.'

The plane took off, and once it has levelled out, the agent said, 'Watch this.' He told Sniffer to 'search.'

Sniffer jumped down, walked along the aisle, and finally sat very purposefully next to a woman for several seconds.

Sniffer then returned to his seat and put one paw on the agent's arm.

The agent said, 'Good boy', and he turned to the man and said, 'That woman is in possession of marijuana, so I'm making a note of her seat number and the authorities will apprehend her when we land.

'Say, that's pretty neat,' replied the first man.

Once again, the agent sent Sniffer to search the aisles.

The lab sniffed about, sat down beside a man for a few seconds, returned to its seat, and this time he placed two paws on the agent's arm.

The agent said, 'That man is carrying cocaine, so again, I'm making a note of his seat number for the police.'

I like it!' said his seat mate.

The agent then told Sniffer to 'search' again..

Sniffer walked up and down the aisles for a little while, sat down for a moment, and then came racing back to the agent, jumped into the middle seat and proceeded to shat all over the place.

The first man was really grossed out by this behaviour and couldn't figure out how or why a well-trained dog would behave like that, so he asked the agent, 'What's going on?'

The agent nervously replied, 'He just found a bomb.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKhan View Post
Colorado is a state of extremes...Boulder on the northside of Denver...Colorado Springs on the south...and even in the Spring...Focus on the Family on the east...one of the largest Wiccan Covens in the country on the west (Manitou Springs...). Personally, I love the place.
As to American politics, a comedian a few years ago said it best. "The election's coming up and I dont' know who to vote for. I can't vote for the Dem's because I like to spend my own money and I can't vote for the Rep's because I like to spend it on drugs and hookers."
Whatever you're political stripe or flavor, you're likely to find an ally and a firm opponent in Colorado Springs!
Nice posts. Both gave me a good laugh.

Old 07-21-2008, 05:09 AM

188 posts, read 933,984 times
It got a little more liberal when I got here.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:13 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,292,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetjanetbobanet View Post

I guess I just cancelled you out.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:59 AM

2,756 posts, read 12,979,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathwhiz View Post
But it looks like things may have changed a little bit since then.

In 2006, the democrat candidate for Governor Ritter got 40% of the vote in El Paso County.
Ritter is a lot more middle-of-the-road than Kerry was. That may explain the difference. Same story with Senator Ken Salazar. He had a lot of statewide appeal due to his being seen as moderate.

The real test will be this year. Salazar and Ritter represent more the center-right of the Democratic party, but Mark Udall is more center-left. If Udall gets 40%+ in El Paso county, you can definitely say that things have shifted there.

That said, Colorado Springs is home to at least four major military facilities. Military people tend to vote GOP, just out of self-interest -- the GOP is paying their paycheck. Same reason why the UAW union people vote Dem. You'd vote GOP too if you were military. So, because of that, I think El Paso County and Colorado Springs is always going to trend to the Republicans.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetjanetbobanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
I guess I just cancelled you out.
Opposites attract...so I hear.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 PM

658 posts, read 831,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeach View Post
I don't know the Lord Jesus, and I was a Catholic for the first 20 years of my life.
Don't worry, you're not the only Catholic going to hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs