Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 11:25 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times

Advertisements

As I go through your posts it seems like you are going through the wringer this holiday season.

Easy does it. Take care of yourself and your daughter number 1. If you get help with that then that's great too. You had mentioned something about throwing some years away? Don't ever believe that. If you're partner wants out or used you in any way, it's not about you- it's about him. When my ex-wife left me for a better volleyball partner, I thought all women sukd, until I found out that they go through the same kind of things as I did. My ex and I signed the divorce papers two days before Christmas. 10 years later, I'm finally cool with it. When it happened, though, I just wanted to fly away to the other side of the planet. Finally, I was offered a small apartment for 300.00/mo by a friend I worked with. I didn't know he and his family was a friend at the time. It just happened. Everything I needed in those trying times just fell at my feet. I tried opening doors that just didn't need opening at that time.

God Bless you and Merry Christmas. Take care of that little one.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:58 PM

48 posts, read 197,556 times
Where is Divide Co? I take it that is where you live.

Old 12-11-2006, 02:11 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Which I are you referring to? I live on the road it seems!

I've been to Divide. My Regis friends moved from Conifer to Divide and got a mansion in the form of a log cabin there. I'd say it's West of Manitou Springs and Woodland Park. I'd have a hard time finding the place again to be honest with you. I'd guess that it sits above 8000. It's not far from Deckers (an old party spot) and thus not far from the Bucksnort (a little Colorado secret) on the South Platte.

You could say it's in the "Real Colorado".

Old 12-11-2006, 07:12 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,172,119 times
Thank you so much for the sweetest post anyone could have given me.
My life is in turmoil and upside down right now, and I guess that I need to take one day at a time. I really want to thank you for understanding, and making me feel that things in my life are not my fault. I am sorry you had to go through hard times, and it took ten years to get past it.
I would love to move to Colorado right now, just to get far away, but I can't until my daughter gets done with school this summer. She is such a great kid, very loving and respectful, sometimes I think she is the adult.
She is in no way, in a hurry to grow up, even though a lot of girls her age act older, she is still a sweet little child, with a heart like her moms. I love her more then life itself.
I hope to remain friends, even though I am going through some tough times right now, and I want to thank you once again for taking the time to be so thoughtful. Have a Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!!! Hope to talk to you again soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
As I go through your posts it seems like you are going through the wringer this holiday season.

Easy does it. Take care of yourself and your daughter number 1. If you get help with that then that's great too. You had mentioned something about throwing some years away? Don't ever believe that. If you're partner wants out or used you in any way, it's not about you- it's about him. When my ex-wife left me for a better volleyball partner, I thought all women sukd, until I found out that they go through the same kind of things as I did. My ex and I signed the divorce papers two days before Christmas. 10 years later, I'm finally cool with it. When it happened, though, I just wanted to fly away to the other side of the planet. Finally, I was offered a small apartment for 300.00/mo by a friend I worked with. I didn't know he and his family was a friend at the time. It just happened. Everything I needed in those trying times just fell at my feet. I tried opening doors that just didn't need opening at that time.

God Bless you and Merry Christmas. Take care of that little one.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:33 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Yorkie Mom: Are you done with this thread? If so, we can close it and when you come back with more questions we can start them as a new thread. What say?

s/Mike from back east

Old 12-11-2006, 10:14 PM

You may close it out, I will keep a watch out for now, and if I have any more questions, I will start a new post. Thank you. Have a Merry Christmas!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Yorkie Mom: Are you done with this thread? If so, we can close it and when you come back with more questions we can start them as a new thread. What say?

s/Mike from back east

Old 12-11-2006, 11:01 PM

Before I hang this one up, could anyone tell me about safe neighborhoods to live at in the Pueblo area, and maybe areas east of there, if this post is gone, then pm me. Thanks

Old 12-12-2006, 09:32 AM

48 posts, read 197,556 times
Default Wy vs Co

The quote below comes from IJWYO. We are looking at moving and Cheyenne & Casper were on our lists. Our son lives in Co Springs and wanted to be close to him. So we were considering Pueblo also. Everything else seems very expensive. Had thoughts of Grand Junction, Montross, Durango as West side options. What are the pluses and minuses for Casper and Cheyene vs GJ, Montross, Durango, Pueblo?? I'm sure Casper and West Slope cities would be a 5 - 6 hour drive to Co Springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijwyo View Post
Colorado is expensive, Wyoming is cheaper. If you are set in Colorado, keep in mind that some ares have a 12% housing growth, so you can make a decent retun, they have state income taxes, too. I would look at Parachute or Rifle, about an hour from Grand Junction, also look at Longmont near Boulder, and Cheyenne, WY is only 40 min. from Ft. Collins and has 55,000 people, so you can travel for events, and taking the kids to Chucky cheese, but not deal with the high housing and traffic. If you want mtns. and a 120,000 house or so I would also look at Casper, Wy pop. 52,000. You can steal get a 2-3 bedroom home here and live off of an income under 30,000 which is hard to find in Colorado from what I have seen.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:31 PM

Just from what I have found out by looking and reading others post, it is colder and a lot more windy in Cheyenne and Casper, and more snow then what Pueblo, Durango, and some of the other areas.
Maybe some one how lives in those states could jump on and tell you more. I am just going by what I have learned, it is also colder up in Wyoming, but you do have cheaper housing, taxes etc in some areas. I hope this helps.

Old 12-12-2006, 03:45 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Default This is the Moderator Speaking....

.....discussions of WY cities belongs in the WY forum...there's already a good deal of data there on what it's like, etc.

Let's close this thread now

If questions arise about a given CO town, start a new thread for that town or use an existing thread for the town.

Thanks to all for wringing out Yorkie Mom's original questions about costs.

s/Mike from back east
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado