Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 03:19 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times

Advertisements

Colorado and Oregon forums have very narrow readership / commentary.
Lots of censorship from the Loyalists. Thus very limited advice / experience.

I would suspect there is a very low 'fisherman' index of posters on CD forum! MJ / 420. Has much higher participation.
Btw, it is quite hard to fish while on your smart phone.

I spent 10 yrs of my youth at the Stock Show, and by age 18, was making a daily trucking run to Denver to get my WY, SD, and NE bound loads. I never really considered Denver as a 'Colorado' place to live.... But many do / and have for years. Taking a sweet 'date' to hear the elk rut was a good excuse to cuddle up. Now, I am hoping to live to age 62, so I can finally get a $10 NPP. 45 yrs of $75,- $100 annual passes is getting real old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2016, 08:02 PM

8,956 posts, read 20,376,989 times
Our interest in rodeo comes from me being a former roper in PRCA.

As far as fishing and a smart phone goes, wife and I have the talent to do both at the same time.

Wife has one of those Passes, but not much use for it here.

Actually, I have "up close and personal" photos of Cows and Bulls in RMNP.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:07 AM

Just out of curiosity, what is the topic of MJ (or "weed", as some call it) there? I know it's legal to privately smoke in ones home, but what about smelling it outside? I don't know if I could live there if the odor sneaked into an apartment we were renting or went outside and could smell it. People in the Denver Forum make it sound like smoking it goes on a whole lot. Sort of like someone sitting outside at a Mickey D's enjoying a Big Mac while someone in the same area was lighting up a joint. IOW, is there a lot of "recreational smoking" all up and down the Front Range?

Old 06-02-2016, 09:14 AM

Please, we really need some info on this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is the topic of MJ (or "weed", as some call it) there? I know it's legal to privately smoke in ones home, but what about smelling it outside? I don't know if I could live there if the odor sneaked into an apartment we were renting or went outside and could smell it. People in the Denver Forum make it sound like smoking it goes on a whole lot. Sort of like someone sitting outside at a Mickey D's enjoying a Big Mac while someone in the same area was lighting up a joint. IOW, is there a lot of "recreational smoking" all up and down the Front Range?

Old 06-02-2016, 12:15 PM

1,822 posts, read 2,002,754 times
As a CO resident, I'm still not clear as to the mystique of MJ; within the state, and the perceptions of its use from other locations. In four years here, I've never seen anyone smoking it, have never smelt it, and have never heard anyone talking about wanting to use it. I really don't think it is as widespread as people are fantasizing, at least in a public visibility sense.

The people who really want to smoke - wherever they live - will find ways to smoke it. Just because it might be legal in a particular state doesn't mean that location will look significantly different than others. There's already been plenty of discussion along those lines on this forum, for those who will take the time to search...

Old 06-02-2016, 03:44 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,724 posts, read 58,067,115 times
Not typically gonna be a nuisance problem if you steer clear of blatant MJ locations / dispensaries, and tweaker spots. ("The Hill" in Boulder during fall or spring weekends)

Avoid rental apartment complexes that cater to college age, firstime away from home escapees.

Both WA and OR are legal MJ, and you have to go out of your way to get exposure on a casual outing. But expect to catch a wiff from a group in a park, and occassionally waiting in line at an event.

I just spent a week in Amsterdam which is very 410 friendly. No issues except passing the doorways of mj cafes, and then barely distinguishable.

There will be societal issues of greater concern. As long as you are not an employer, you will be pretty safe from added risks. If you employ drivers, or operators of dangerous machines, or farming.... Then you and your assests / reputation / insurance coverage are at great risk. Flee that risk. (Sell, move, or downsize to ZERO employees)

Old 06-03-2016, 07:15 AM

Well, we are getting closer to 70 years old. When (or if) we move back to Colorado, we will both be retired, but most likely getting a part-time job. We definitely aren't into the MJ scene, but would use Medical MJ, if needed any arthritis pain.

Unfortunately, rental apartment management won't tell a potential renter what type of people live there. That comes under a "discrimination" law. For the last 8 years, we've been sort of spoiled living in a "bungalow" type apartment at the end of our complex building. The noise level is almost nothing, compared to living on a bottom or middle apartment. Hopefully, if we move back, we can find something like this apartment, because, prior to this apartment, we've had our share of "neighbor noise" problems.

If we do move back, looking into Loveland or Littleton. We know the Littleton area fairly good, from when we lived in Englewood and my wife worked in Littleton. Also, done a lot of boating/fishing on Chatfield Lake/Reservoir.

Thing is, in the Denver Forum, most people love the fact that Colorado residents voted for "recreational" MJ. They make it sound like the entire area is always "high"! Actually, it sounds like Denver metro is drawing in a LOT of young folks.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:09 AM

Documentary on tv last night about MJ in Colorado. It appears "recreational MJ" is growing extremely fast. Even though we were told, in a posting here, that MJ use isn't everywhere in Colorado, we really don't know what areas the "lower/lowest use" is. We just don't want to live in an area where "getting high" is part of life.

Because of the cost of renting a 2-bedroom, we are really no longer looking at Littleton. Also appears the crime rate in Littleton is higher than in Loveland or Longmont.

As far as "boating" goes, were not totally sure if we will be into boating when we move, like we are now. It would definitely cost us to have our boat taken to Colorado. We couldn't/wouldn't do it. And, it depends on how healthy we both are when it comes time to move. IOW, might sell our boat here, before we move.

Would just like to know more about the popularity of MJ in the areas (Loveland/Longmont) we are considering a move to.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:22 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
I would take a look at old town Loveland. We bought a place here a year ago and have been very happy. The vibe is much quieter, than say, Fort Collins and the prices are still mostly affordable.

The old town are, particularly just west of downtown is charming, walkable and the people are friendly. Although Loveland now has around 75,000 people, old town still feels like a small town, which I find very enjoyable.

The location is central to go to Fort Collins, Lyons, Boulder, RMNP, etc. As far as lakes, Boyd and Carter are nice, and then there is Pinewood Reservoir, slightly out past Carter Lake, which is a hidden gem!

As far as the pot issue, I wouldn't worry about that. If you're not into it, you won't really even know it exists. There are no dispensaries within Loveland. The closest are in Fort Collins and Longmont.

Good luck on your search!

Old 11-07-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I would take a look at old town Loveland. We bought a place here a year ago and have been very happy. The vibe is much quieter, than say, Fort Collins and the prices are still mostly affordable.

The old town are, particularly just west of downtown is charming, walkable and the people are friendly. Although Loveland now has around 75,000 people, old town still feels like a small town, which I find very enjoyable.

The location is central to go to Fort Collins, Lyons, Boulder, RMNP, etc. As far as lakes, Boyd and Carter are nice, and then there is Pinewood Reservoir, slightly out past Carter Lake, which is a hidden gem!

As far as the pot issue, I wouldn't worry about that. If you're not into it, you won't really even know it exists. There are no dispensaries within Loveland. The closest are in Fort Collins and Longmont.

Good luck on your search!
What about the MJ situation?

75,000 people. Nothing compared to where we currently live that has over 850,000 people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado