Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 09:54 AM

958 posts, read 1,147,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think it is a horrible idea.
Very articulate and well-argued position!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2017, 11:02 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Educator1982 View Post
Our cell phone use, especially among teenagers, since I teach high school and college, has gotten out of control. This may be a very big factor among drivers. I'm sorry that you had to experience the accident. I've been through accidents too, last one was 06. Took two years to get over all the legal stuff. I think we have a new addiction called internet addiction or cell phone addiction. They say it's just as bad or if not worse than driving under the influence.

Thank you for your kind words, but the accident was entirely my fault. I looked away for a second to enjoy a beautiful winter field with millions of sparkling snow crystals, and boom. I rear ended someone. I was also high as as a kite. Yeah, you do stupid stuff in your 20's. That's why I'm concerned about people lighting up and driving home. In an ideal world people would stop driving while impaired, whether it be chemically impaired or distracted by electronics. Heck even the GPS can be a distraction.

I think legalized marijuana would help the opioid problem. I'd rather be with someone who was high vs drunk. I think alcohol is far more harmful, yet, it's legal. Why not marijuana? People who want it are going to use it regardless. The states might as well earn some revenue. That penny an ounce tax on sweet beverages here in Crook county is ridiculous, and small potatoes compared to what the state could make off of a marijuana tax revenue. Would that additional money be used to help make our state solvent again? Would Crook county stop being so corrupt? I won't hold my breath. Poorer counties would probably benefit the most. The crooks in Cook county will probably pass it along to cronies in more patronage jobs.

Old 08-05-2017, 02:11 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,562,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikernut View Post
Being a user of pot is essentially decriminalized in most of the U.S. I've lived in several different states, and all throughout my life I've known people who smoked pot. When I was high school there was a regular group of kids that went down the street at lunchtime to a city park to smoke. It was well known and certainly any teacher could have alerted the cops to stop by and arrest them if they'd wanted to. (This was in the so-called conservative heartland of America.) Just a few months ago I was taking a mid-morning walk along Tempe Town Lake, near ASU. Two fellows were smoking pot there, out in public, and a security dude on a bicycle just rode right past them. Nobody cares, really, as long as you're not selling to kids or moving huge quantities of the stuff.

Because of this, I'm pretty surprised that so many people seem interested in pulling up roots and moving to a place just because it's legal. I guess they just want to be around the pot culture? Or make some money from it?

I'm okay with it being legal, as I believe people will ultimately do what they want. They just need to not harm anyone else with their activities.

IMO, large scale growing on an agricultural scale should be allowed, which would make grow houses unprofitable (I would think, anyway?).
Not true in the Bible Belt. Definitely not decriminalized.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:16 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
How Ironic! You would think the Bible toters would be the biggest fans and supporters of cannabis:

King James Bible ( Genesis 1:29 ):
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

They ought be rolling BIG fat ones and enjoying them as they would enjoy a luscious juicy steak.

Old 08-05-2017, 05:24 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
How Ironic! You would think the Bible toters would be the biggest fans and supporters of cannabis:

King James Bible ( Genesis 1:29 ):
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

They ought be rolling BIG fat ones ......

Praise Be!

- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:06 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
When I tell people here in Massachusetts that I'm retiring to Colorado, I quickly add, "I barely drink, I don't smoke weed and I don't ski and I'm moving to southwest Colorado, go figure." I'm already tired of the tired weed jokes. It's so juvenile and yes, it mostly comes from my boomer peers!

I am happy to have law enforcement tending to more serious problems than someone toking at home, and I don't think people should be in prison for it. There are much worse things being done, and let L.E. free to take care of those things.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:30 PM

472 posts, read 348,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Very accurate... I used to live in the Dallas Fort Worth area for about 17 years. Even though in Colorado for the past 9 years... Growing up there, our group of friends never smoked. In fact only one we knew smoked and wasn't a part of the friendship. It's not marijuana friendly, at least in the neighborhood I lived in. Kind of an upper class area on the north side. . My brother's coworker in Fort Worth was arrested several years back for having a little pot in the car. Was bailed out and didn't have to spend anymore time, but had to pay a big fine and be on probation. Some of states still have very strict rules regarding use or possession, even small amounts unless you happen to be in a more liberal area in these states.

Old 08-05-2017, 07:32 PM

472 posts, read 348,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Thank you for your kind words, but the accident was entirely my fault. I looked away for a second to enjoy a beautiful winter field with millions of sparkling snow crystals, and boom. I rear ended someone. I was also high as as a kite. Yeah, you do stupid stuff in your 20's. That's why I'm concerned about people lighting up and driving home. In an ideal world people would stop driving while impaired, whether it be chemically impaired or distracted by electronics. Heck even the GPS can be a distraction.

I think legalized marijuana would help the opioid problem. I'd rather be with someone who was high vs drunk. I think alcohol is far more harmful, yet, it's legal. Why not marijuana? People who want it are going to use it regardless. The states might as well earn some revenue. That penny an ounce tax on sweet beverages here in Crook county is ridiculous, and small potatoes compared to what the state could make off of a marijuana tax revenue. Would that additional money be used to help make our state solvent again? Would Crook county stop being so corrupt? I won't hold my breath. Poorer counties would probably benefit the most. The crooks in Cook county will probably pass it along to cronies in more patronage jobs.
No problem! I just know how terrifying accidents are and don't wish them upon anybody. My accident was totally my fault too and the other person in the car I hit, tried to sue and fake everything to get the most out of me. Even though the person didn't have any injuries other than a minor cut on the hand. I agree with your post too.

Old 08-05-2017, 08:57 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
What do you think about Marijuana legalization?

I think it's some kind of sick joke that the federal government keeps it illegal when (almost) everybody knows it's less harmful than alcohol and tobacco.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:18 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,000,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post

I think it's some kind of sick joke that the federal government keeps it illegal when (almost) everybody knows it's less harmful than alcohol and tobacco.
And I would add: even though the government has been lying about it for the past 75 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado