Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2021, 09:19 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,017,880 times

Advertisements

With all the bad news that rents are going up and up I'd think someone would make these places habitable and put them on the market. Some of those building downtown look great from the outside but if there's asbestos and lead paint inside of these old places then it's expensive to remediate. Thousands of apartments for retirees with a walkable downtown would normally be a hot ticket in the real estate business.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 03:25 PM

17,707 posts, read 29,800,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
A downtown gondola ride is among ideas
Monorail!

Old 07-03-2021, 04:14 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,454,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Monorail!
I suggested that as well.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
With all the bad news that rents are going up and up I'd think someone would make these places habitable and put them on the market. Some of those building downtown look great from the outside but if there's asbestos and lead paint inside of these old places then it's expensive to remediate. Thousands of apartments for retirees with a walkable downtown would normally be a hot ticket in the real estate business.
This is true. Even Pueblo is seeing residential growth...

Pueblo’s newest large-scale subdivision near Colorado State University Pueblo, is located north of Colorado 47, and west of Baculite Mesa Road.

Landhuis owner Jeff Mark of Colorado Springs said his company will start work on the first 44 lots within the next few weeks and in four months the first houses should be going up.

“And then we are going to have another 500 to 600 lots in planning right behind that. We are coming in making a major splash from a development perspective,” Mark said

The link: https://www.chieftain.com/story/busi...Skc0KeCO4H5SMM

Old 07-19-2021, 05:36 AM

7,182 posts, read 9,309,123 times
Pueblo is giving and taking on the Arkansas River | Colorado River Towns

https://gazette.com/premium/pueblo-i...56edff735.html

"The Arkansas River has given Pueblo its all since the earliest settlers fished it waters, and the Front Range river town has been trying to take more and more ever since.

In the scheme of things, the Arkansas River is massive, stretching 1,443 miles from Leadville, at 10,151 feet above sea level, to the mighty Mississippi at 180 feet above sea level. It's America's sixth-longest river, 7 miles shorter than the Colorado.

The 9 miles of the Arkansas that flow through Pueblo mean the world in these parts.

The river provides this town a raft of disparate uses: drinking water, recreation, agricultural irrigation, industrial, economic development and a deep sense of place and abiding history tied to the water that passes through."

Old 09-16-2021, 11:57 AM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,782 times
https://www.chieftain.com/story/news...rd/5712976001/

oh well...

Old 09-24-2021, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Not much to post lately but I think this is big news and will have big economic implications on Pueblo in the coming years.

1) While TTCI is moving to the industrial park ENSCO got the contract to run the test site east of town and will expand it. With both companies doing research and development in Pueblo it will be interesting to see the economic impact on the area.

When ENSCO, Inc., was awarded a $571 million contract to provide research and testing at Pueblo's transportation technology center located at 55500 DOT Road earlier this month, the Washington, D.C.-based company agreed to expand the center's purpose beyond railroad research to include all forms of ground transportation.

The contract calls for ENSCO to support the Federal Railroad Administration and the U.S. Department of Transpiration's goal of "establishing the center for rail and ground transportation innovation. ENSCO will expand the use of the facility to support other government and commercial entities to achieve the broader mission of transportation safety, security and innovation," according to a company press release.

"ENSCO's contract provides an opportunity to expand physical testing and training capabilities at the center to all modes of surface transportation, beyond rail," said Michele Pennington, marketing and communications director for ENSCO.

The link: https://news.yahoo.com/company-takin...xNdHh3gCFLXQkx

2) TTCI to Start ‘Next Chapter’ at New Pueblo Facility

The Transportation Technology Center, Inc., (TTCI) reported April 27 that it would develop a new engineering and laboratory facility in Pueblo, Colo.

The wholly owned Association of American Railroads (AAR) subsidiary has secured an agreement with the Pueblo Economic Development Corp. (PEDCO), which it said solidifies TTCI’s “commitment to its employees and the Pueblo, Colo., community.”

The new, updated facility “will be designed to meet the evolving needs of the rail industry and TTCI’s diverse customer base,” according to TTCI. It will also “improve competitiveness in the commercial market.”

“We’re laying the cornerstone for the next chapter of TTCI and rail innovation right here in Pueblo,” TTCI President Lisa Stabler said. “This new partnership represents our commitment to serving our rail customers and providing continuity of services long into the future, while maintaining our employees’ quality of life and contributing to this community.”

The link: https://www.railwayage.com/regulator...eblo-facility/
I wanted to build on this as the impact continues to grow in Pueblo. I think more is going to come at Pueblo Plex and this is just the start. In fact I have a feeling we are going to get some really big news soon. I hope I am right

KOAA had a great interview with the CEO of the company bringing a hyperloop test track to Pueblo.

PUEBLO, Colorado — Pueblo will soon be at the forefront of the race to develop a hyperloop. The Swiss-American start-up Swisspod announced a new agreement with the Transportation Technology Center (TTCI) and the Puebloplex to build and test a full-scale prototype of their ground transportation system.

https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-c...sted-in-pueblo

Old 10-01-2021, 12:43 PM

As Pueblo begins to grow the fastest pace in my lifetime there are three things to watch that will generate even more growth:

1) Evraz steel and CS Wind.

Evraz with its new steel mill will add about 800 jobs and CS Wind could triple in size bringing its workforce closer to 2,000 people. This along with any suppliers that move in well cause significant growth in Pueblo by 2030.

2) The transportation test center east of town.

I have argued for years it was a underutilized facility. That is no longer the case. Once the government decided they wanted to test all transportation industries there not just trains things changed. A new company from Europe took over and decided to have other R&D companies for each specific sector. The company that was already there ran by the train industry moved to the industrial park and will continue doing research on trains at the facility. They got another company from Europe that will work on the hyper loop. That still leaves other transportation industries such as airplanes and automotive that I suspect each will have its own R&D company here soon. Then I suspect other companies will move here to be near them as we will be known as the center for transportation research and development.
What kind economic impact will that have? The jury is still out however I think it could be substantial. In fact possibly bigger than a steel mill and that says a lot

3) Hotel and convention business.

With the Pueblo convention center expanding, Riverwalk expanding and a state fair wanting to add a 60,000 square-foot expo hall pueblo should see it’s convention business dramatically increase in the coming years. I suspect we will see some high-rise hotels maybe even a Hilton. The economic impact could be big.

Bonus: I’ve been watching all the Amazon distribution centers being built around Denver and now Colorado Springs. As they reach capacity I suspect Pueblo will be one of the next areas they will build one. If they do that will generate thousands of jobs and be a driver of economic growth in the Pueblo area.

Old 10-01-2021, 01:06 PM

1,943 posts, read 2,294,782 times
any Tiny Homes, Container houses? Townhouses? , duplexes? new apts ?

Old 10-01-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilberry View Post
any Tiny Homes, Container houses? Townhouses? , duplexes? new apts ?
We are getting new development's all over the county. Not sure about tiny houses or container houses though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado