Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 04:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,950 times

Advertisements

in response to post of member "Rotorotor":

I'm Done, Coming to CO, North of Denver, but where?

I too am planning a relocation to the Denver area, however, I'm quite unnerved with the prospect that I might find myself the inadvertent neighbor to a Colorado-transplantee as critically-oriented as you present to be. I'm, as well, particularly uneasy with the fact that not a single contributor to this forum has expressed dissent to your apparent bias towards "certain types" of people. I can only hope to be so lucky to find myself surrounded by "types" as universially "liberal-tempered", "educated", and "socio-economically-tolerant" as those I've been fortunate enough to surround myself with here in Phoenix (Tempe to be proper). I would like to take a few minutes to express a few opinions, with regard to the particularly succint views of said post-contributor "REDROTOR" .

"I need good people, people who can carry a conversation about politics without being children"

"good people"?
are you surrounded by "bad people"?, people who "bore" you with socially-derelict diatribe of their mundane existences?

"people who have gone to college"

we all agree with this point, a college education most undeniably assures any said individual is sufficiently equipped with the social-demeanor and mental-composure of people we can trust, to a degree, not to rape or pillage from you and I. I don't have a college degree, hence, you might be best served to maintain a comfortable distance to folk as rudimentally socially-maladept as myself and mine ilk.

"I need places where family and God are important"

"Family and God"?!?
I was reared in an Parochial academic environment, and cannot remember my parents ever defining a correlation between
God and moral fortitude!.

"but not so much that a gay guy gets bashed in with a bat"

I know Colorado well enough that, as a "Colorado-transplantee-to-be", I take great offense to any remark presupposing an element of racism and / or prejudice, to that particularly abrasive level, might be allowed to foster in a state as progressively liberal as Colorado.

"I need to not lose sight of the MBA I've always wanted, and I want people like that around me"

??? You're in need of "social-motivation" from your neighbors and friends to support your personal academic endeavors???. (enough said about that).

"Frankly, I want people better than me around me.

I somehow doubt that this will be an achievement of substantial difficulty.

I'm tired of being the best around me"

Does the concept "Narcicistic Superiority Complex" come to mind here?, anyone?.

"I want to be the worst person on the street (and I'm a great person)"

Yes indeed sir, you are indeed a "GREAT" person, to pass as the "WORST" person on your block
might, quite frankly, require the committment and drive of a supreme social martyr.

"I want people who read books and talk about them, and I want the neighbor that works on his car but ONLY because he's restoring a '57 Chevy to pristine condition, not because his toothless girlfriend seriously needs to get to work in or because he found a box of matte grey paint"

Good God! are you not the antichrist of pretention???

"I'm afraid, afraid of waking up in a decade and seeing my children in garbage schools and hanging out with garbage"

Garbage schools and Garbage children have no direct correlation sir, garbage children (quite the subjective) are the manisfestation of rearing at the homefront, have a modicum of respect for the systems of academia please.

"I'm afraid of never being able to talk about the books I read, to anyone"

Good luck sir, not convinced you'll find anyone interested in tolerating your arrogance and narcisistic aire.

"I'm tired of turning out my bedside light every night, right after I check to make sure my foot-long Maglite is on the nightstand, because I'm waiting for that night when someone comes in my house.
I'm tired of lying in the dark, practicing my moves in my head..."

It would be a gross error of judgement to ever presume that your household, wife, and children are immune to the
avarices of the oppertunistic ellements of mankind. You shouldn't "ever" expect to be free of the corrupt nature of bad
people with bad intentions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 02:16 PM

66 posts, read 409,218 times
Wow Coloradoan 2B!

Get over your over analytical self!

Old 10-12-2006, 02:33 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Girl View Post
Wow Coloradoan 2B! Get over your over-analytical self!
Amen City Girl.

As with most things, we take what we like from the content, leave what we don't care for, and move on.

Everyone please remember, we find fault with and attack ideas, but we do not find fault with and attack each other. Those that issue personal attacks on other posters will have a very short life on this board. Discretion is a virtue here.

Back to more about the fine points of Colorado, or the shortcomings of Colorado, if there are any.

s/Mike

Old 10-12-2006, 06:18 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
The only shortcoming in Colorado that I have found in my soon to be 18 years of living here, is there ain't no ocean to play in, a sorry second is there ain't no local (Maryland blue) crabs.

Otherwise, this place is perfect

Old 10-14-2006, 12:17 PM

Location: Orlando, FL - used to be nice, a dump now. Anyone speak English down here???
340 posts, read 433,020 times
Default Crime

As for crime, I can relate to it. I live in Orlando, FL and people from NY and New Jersey are hardened criminals and are moving down here. The "Refugees" from New Orleans have caused a lot of problems as well.

But in Orlando, the bulk of the crime is from illegal aliens and illegal alien gangs and that sucks.

How safe is Fort Collins? How about CO Springs. I was in CO Springs not too long ago, but I thought the town is kind of older.... I dunno how to explain.... Fort Collins just seemed newer and nicer.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:19 AM

20 posts, read 91,570 times
Greetings!

Your post sounded EXACTLY like me and my husband. We want out of Indiana so bad it hurts. At least we now have property in Colorado which is where we've always wanted to be. We just can't move there just yet. We're looking at 5 years or so but at least we have the property.

To move away from Indiana will be such a blessing. We want a more simple life with beautiful surroundings, lakes, mountains and nice people who enjoy the same. All this increased crime, hate, road rage, taxes for utilites we don't receive and a stadium we'll never go to as well as the political garbage has gotten very old here. It's time to escape. I only wish we could go NOW. At least we have our piece of heaven waiting on us and we visit it on every vacation. It sure is hard though to know it's there and not live there yet.

I did want to recommend a site to you. We used it and it was WONDERFUL information to help us determine where we wanted to be and find our piece of heaven. I tell people about it every chance I get.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Colorado.html

It will give you stats on everything you could need. Just click on a city and you will learn all about it. From there you can pick surrounding towns they list nearby to that city and you can get that information too. I recommend this site to anyone who is wanting to move but isn't sure where. It will tell you population, weather, crime, distance to other cities, housing costs, etc... It's like shopping! From there you can find realtors in the area and see listings for homes in your price range. It was great for us and our realtor was fantastic.

Good luck! Anyone determined as you are will do great I'm sure.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:21 PM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,614 times
The biggest problem with Erie is that people have a hard time selling their homes. I wouldn't want to buy a house in Erie for that reason. I had friends who had to rent out their house there because it wouldn't sell and they had to move to Seattle for a job. That was more than 3 years ago, and I think they are still renting out their house. Besides that, there is no diversity in Erie, it's pretty much white bread. Good luck.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:30 PM

220 posts, read 776,647 times
The overdevelopment in Colorado will certainly take its toll on the state for years to come. The number of vacant homes is pretty high regardless of the city. I'm not certain why the building of new homes has continued with such fervor??? If you haven't seen the planned development at Anthem- Broomfield, it's worth looking at just to appreciate the scale. IF you plan on moving out within a few years, wait for the market to tank a little further before buying. Guage your purchase by historical lows in the area. This will minimize - but not eliminate - the risk of being stuck with a home you cannot sell.

As for diversity, much of the north isn't diverse beyond political views. The demographics tell that story...

If you plan on staying to enjoy all that Colorado has to offer, this doesn't matter. We plan to make this our final stop.

Last edited by elemental; 10-18-2006 at 11:32 PM.. Reason: additional thoughts

Old 10-19-2006, 02:07 AM

8 posts, read 42,428 times
Default Westminster?

My husband and I have decided to leave Vail and move down to the Denver area. I've noticed that no one has mentioned Westminster. Is it good or bad? What is the opinion of Bradburn? We have been looking at that area.

Old 10-19-2006, 02:44 AM

827 posts, read 5,080,275 times
Westminster is a nice suburb town. I have relatives there and they love it. They have some good golf courses. There is the Westminster Mall which is a good mall. It is a family type of town and I see people walking about and not being afraid, so I would think it is a pretty safe place to live. Also you will see families all biking together. Overall, a good family town to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado