Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 01:03 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,192,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. kenneth noisewater View Post
w/o getting shot is what i'm looking for.
Gangs and criminals flourish where they are allowed to. Communities that don't tolerate crime don't have much of it. It's up to us really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 01:20 AM

Now, I need to ask a pertinent question about the Pueblo area. How is the water situation, and more to the point, where should you not buy based on the water supply?

Old 02-26-2008, 03:11 AM

And as long as I'm asking questions, which part of the Pueblo area, if any, has the best view of the mountains?

Old 02-26-2008, 06:23 PM

2 posts, read 8,756 times
we are a young married couple with an eleven month old baby boy; currently living in Southern California and thinking of moving to Pueblo Colorado. We would highly appreciate your input. Looking for excellent schools and a nice neightborhood. Our price range is 200 - 300. Overall we want a better quality of life for our family. Can you recommend other areas??

Consider Fowler...22 miles east of Pueblo...new, state-of-the-art grade school...school ranks in the 80th percentile on CSAP scores (state-wide exams). Principal just voted Administrator of the Year by his peers (1st time a Principal received the award...it usually goes to a Superintendent!)...With your price range of housing, you can build your dream home! Denver Post did a survey on charitable giving, and Fowler came out 1st of all the zip-codes in Colorado! Low-crime, family-oriented town. And 22 miles away, you get the shopping of Pueblo, reservoir, etc., without the crime, pollution, noise, stress.
I grew up in Pueblo, and lived in SE Florida (West Palm Beach area)...I'll take Fowler!

Old 02-27-2008, 03:15 PM

18,001 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
And as long as I'm asking questions, which part of the Pueblo area, if any, has the best view of the mountains?
In Pueblo West, you can see the Greenhorn Mountain, Spanish Peaks, Pikes Peak, and be in Canon City in a jiffy.

You can live on the south edge of Pueblo County in Colorado City or Rye and be IN the mountains.

I wouldn't live in Fowler for one reason; Fountain Creek!

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-27-2008 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 02-27-2008, 09:38 PM

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2008, 04:00 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,270,124 times
I went to school at the University of Southern Colorado which is now CSU Pueblo. At the time, i wasn't too fond of Pueblo as a town but I had some of the best times of my life there. The Mall definietly could use some updating but the downtown area was full of pubs and bars, creating a pretty hopping night area for such a small city. I think the future is bright for Pueblo. They already have a riverwalk (even though its no San Antonio !!!). If they plan right, they can illiminate alot of the mistakes that it's big bro (Colo. Springs) has made.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:27 PM

23 posts, read 124,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukita View Post
we are a young married couple with an eleven month old baby boy; currently living in Southern California and thinking of moving to Pueblo Colorado. We would highly appreciate your input. Looking for excellent schools and a nice neightborhood. Our price range is 200 - 300. Overall we want a better quality of life for our family. Can you recommend other areas???
Pueblo east as some gang activity. Pueblo west has a bunch of christian type of people who are not really so christian if you have a special needs autistic son. They as with the rest of colorado focus solely on talented and gifted and leave out the special needs children. They now have 3 magnet schools for the gifted.
I have a trailer for sale located at 251 east george pueblo west colorado. I would love for anyone to trade my house for theirs. I need out of pueblo ASAP because my son who is nonverbal cant get an education here in colorado.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Ithe downtown area was full of pubs and bars, creating a pretty hopping night area for such a small city. I think the future is bright for Pueblo. They already have a riverwalk (even though its no San Antonio !!!). If they plan right, they can illiminate alot of the mistakes that it's big bro (Colo. Springs) has made.
Do any of the pubs have dart boards?

Old 03-21-2008, 09:23 AM

6 posts, read 30,363 times
My grand daughters attend PW elementary and it seems like a pretty good school. I don't think I would count it as an award winner, but they are learning a lot and treated well. I have met a few of their teachers and my daughter (who used to teach) said their teachers are great and the school in general is pretty good.
As for Pueblo having lots of bars and pubs... that is true, but Pueblo is trying to change. Keep in mind that Pueblo (steel city) was one of the largest steel producers in the US and local business catered to what it thought the steel workers wanted... bars and brothels. As was mentioned Pueblo has a nice river walk and the city is working towards improving their image and Pueblo is growing. Pueblo has Trane Corp, a few small electronic and airplane manufactures, and the Pueblo Community Airport is a fairly active place.
Pueblo West was established in the very early 70s as a "planned retirement community", but it turned into a suburb of Pueblo for young familes and a commute location to C-Springs because the land and housing was less expensive. Sure PW doesn't have much in the way of shopping (Walmart) or services, but if you like wide open spaces and no street lights (city ordinance says no), then PW is pretty nice. The city of PW is the HOA so to speak and there are a few things like no street lights and no flood lights on your house that point to the street that seem kind of strange, but the city wants to keep the rural atmosphere and with no street lights you can see the stars at night. And if you are in the right location there are some great views of the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado