Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 06:17 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times

Advertisements

I just got through pulling up The Real Pueblo. Funny thing, unless someone can point it out, I didn't see anyone's name attached to this. That's fine. Does Pueblo have problems? Yea, lots of them. Just like any other city with 100,000 people. Apparently the guy who made up this site has an ax to grind with the community. That's fine too. He might have legitimate issues with Pueblo. What's his solution? What's yours? Pueblo's unemployment number is rising, meth is a problem, parts of the area needs to be knocked down and redeveloped. What's my solution? Don't have one. Pueblo has the same problems hundreds of cities have. There are a lot of cities worse off than Pueblo. A LOT of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 01:59 PM

719 posts, read 2,618,438 times
So live somewhere else.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:34 PM

719 posts, read 2,618,438 times
No offense, Double H. Post was meant for that pueblosucks idiot. He's been 86'd, looks like!

Old 07-07-2008, 07:58 PM

I made the comment shortly after his from 2 days ago, and it stayed on the board until a while ago. I know your comment was meant for him. All his was erased apparently.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
No offense, Double H. Post was meant for that pueblosucks idiot. He's been 86'd, looks like!
Indeed he has.

Be sure to thank your mod, Katz.... for sheetcanning such nonsense and keeping this a seriously good forum.

Old 07-08-2008, 12:52 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esya View Post
I myself don't understand why you would live in Pueblo West when you could get a great old house in the more established parts of towns near city parts, but to each their own.
I can agree with that. Pueblo West has been very trying on my patience and sanity. It's dusty, windy, rabbit and prairie dog infested, isolated by an 8 mile stretch of road that's an obstacle of its own. Back when the speed limit was 55, everybody drove 80. Now that it's 65, everybody drives 60. I don't get it. The intersections are dangerous. I hope nobody gets hurt out there, but... you know how that goes.

It's nice to have an affordable "Brand New" home built, but if you're gonna do that, live in it. There's more abandoned homes out in my area and more going up.

You talk about no trees? Some people have trees out there. You can tell the oldtimers (1977?) from the newbies by the established yards. You plant a few trees and you'll be lucky if the critters and wind don't tear them up. I had to replant my lawn. Instead of finishing off phase II of our landscaping project (backyard), we've gotta redo our front.

Sure, we much rather have a nice place in Aberdeen now, but it's nice starting from scratch. It's been a learning experience.

If you think you'll hate Pueblo West, check out The County or Colorado City. Rye and San Isabel is even a bit cooler, if you don't mind being a bit further from civilization.

I can understand people coming through Pueblo and not liking it. But unless you can spend a few days and really check it out it's easy to miss the essence of a place like that.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 AM

38 posts, read 98,181 times
Smile Moving to Pueblo in June 2009

Hello everyone! My wife & I are very excited about moving to Pueblo in June 2009. We are moving from Tulsa, Ok to pioneer a church. The name of the church will be Pueblo Family Church. I have done a lot of research on Pueblo, and I must say I am attached to this small city. I can tell just by reading the history of Pueblo that it is the underdog city. From terrible floods to the 4 medal of honor recipients. Pueblo continues to put on their game face and refuses to back down. Pueblo is truly a town of heros. I cannot wait to call myself a Puebloan. I look at the pics of people at parks, rodeo's, festivals, exc. and my heart is so for the people of the Pueblo community. Please be praying for us as we uproot from our community to become a part of your beautiful community. I need to know what are the safest areas for us to look at when we move here. If you would like more info about what kind of church we will be, you can check us out on the web www.pueblofamilychurch.org. Thanks in advance for welcoming us into this wonderful community of people. the home of hero's.

Thanks
Bill Hunter

Old 08-13-2008, 12:54 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Thanks for posting here and I hope your transition is a smooth one.

I've got a pic thread started here and I encourage you to do a search in the Colorado thread for more Pueblo subforums and one in the Colorado Springs forum for CS Pueblo and Fountain comparisons. Please forgive my fiesty and heated loyalties to my town. There is much insite to where one may want to settle in this area.

The more I drive around Pueblo, the more I realize that it has little gems scattered all about.

But in the end, it's gonna be yours to discover.

Old 08-13-2008, 04:31 PM

I live in Western Colorado but lived in the Denver area and Colorado Springs for 43 years. Put in a few months working for Stearns Rogers at the power plant in '73 on a short assignment. You won't find a lot of real estate house flippers, Mcmansions, or hoity toity people that are full of themselves. Real estate is affordable, people are blue collar (Pueblo West excepted), and the area came back after years of plant closings, job layoffs, etc. Too bad you couldn't come out now as the Colorado State Fair gets cranked up in next week and goes to Labor Day weekend, I believe. I have posted in other threads on outdoor activities like fishing, hiking, camping, etc. Hopefully some other posters will contribute. Welcome to Colorado.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:17 PM

2 posts, read 9,228 times
Default Living in Pueblo

I live in Denver now, but at one time I did live in Pueblo for several years. In the 1950's when I lived there were lots of problems. The Bessemer steel plant was going full blast, there was alot of crime, and it lived up to it's name. The weather was as others say not too harsh in winter and hot in summer. The people were friendlier there. I learned how to survive in the big city there. I would never consider Pueblo a small town. With about 100,000 population, maybe more, it is good size.. I will always thank District 60 for giving me an excellent education. learned things that they never think to teach students but have come in mighty handy in life. I had a better education there than any other school I went to in other states. I really would prefer to live in a city the size of Pueblo. The city adjacent to Denver that I live in was that size when I moved here and it was nice, now it is 3 times the size of Pueblo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado