Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2021, 08:12 PM

1,073 posts, read 1,531,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Young Professional, I agree with you on ALL COUNTS! Especially about folks in Atlanta being completely unaware of what we have going on here!! In fact, I've posted SEVERAL times that Columbus should be marketed HEAVILY and REGULARLY to the 6,000,000 metro Atlanta area residents as a nice, relaxing place to get away from Atlanta's big city hassles and stresses!! Getting Atlantans to do getaways here would be "low hanging fruit," so to speak. Although we're not Savannah or Charleston, we're a heck of a lot closer, and have a lot of neat things to see and do here, and to offer visitors!! I was talking to someone from Atlanta not too long ago who had NO IDEA of our highly popular whitewater activities. I've also spoken to military people who've served here and haven't been back since the 70's and 80's and are unaware of the dramatic improvements in our city! In that regard, I would also advertise in military post newspapers and retirement magazines promoting the "new" Columbus as a great place to visit and possibly retire. Naturally, this would help our real estate industry and businesses. Our hospitality industry movers and shakers should also figure out some way to get the military graduation families to stay and linger an extra day or two longer before returning home. Columbus has a lot going for it, but locals don't seem to realize what we have here. The Columbus Botanical Garden, Port Columbus Naval Museum, Oxbow Meadow, and Historic Westville are great places to visit but are all way undermarked!! Our Columbus Visitors' Bureau and Chamber of Commerce need to pick up the ball and run with it! Keep promoting Columbus, and so will I!
I definitely hear you.
I’m from Atlanta and I’ve been studying Columbus since childhood.
I’ve finally decided to make my way down there this October.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 08:36 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,902,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Kid View Post
I definitely hear you.
I’m from Atlanta and I’ve been studying Columbus since childhood.
I’ve finally decided to make my way down there this October.
Come on down Atlanta-Kid!! Plan to spend at least three days if you can. Be sure to include a weekend and try to stay in any of the nice downtown (UpTown) hotels. They're all walking distance to great restaurants and places with live entertainment. Something might even be going on at the River Center or Springer Opera House while you're here. They're also within walking distance of any of the hotels. And you'll be only about a 10 minute (or less) drive from the National Infantry Museum (again recently rated as the best free museum in America by USAToday!), Also well worth visiting are: Historic Westville, Oxbow Meadows, the Port Columbus Naval Museum, and the Columbus Museum (which is the second largest museum in Georgia after Atlanta's High Museum). Have fun as you "discover Columbus!" www.36hoursincolumbus.com

Last edited by columbusboy8; 09-17-2021 at 08:50 PM..

Old 10-07-2021, 06:12 AM

2,250 posts, read 2,161,133 times
The judicial tower will be 8\9 stories high. The same as the Ralston,SunTrust and Marriott.

Old 10-07-2021, 06:38 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
The judicial tower will be 8\9 stories high. The same as the Ralston,SunTrust and Marriott.
Not tall enough IMO.

Old 10-07-2021, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Come on down Atlanta-Kid!! Plan to spend at least three days if you can. Be sure to include a weekend and try to stay in any of the nice downtown (UpTown) hotels. They're all walking distance to great restaurants and places with live entertainment. Something might even be going on at the River Center or Springer Opera House while you're here. They're also within walking distance of any of the hotels. And you'll be only about a 10 minute (or less) drive from the National Infantry Museum (again recently rated as the best free museum in America by USAToday!), Also well worth visiting are: Historic Westville, Oxbow Meadows, the Port Columbus Naval Museum, and the Columbus Museum (which is the second largest museum in Georgia after Atlanta's High Museum). Have fun as you "discover Columbus!" 36 Hours: Columbus, Ga. – Find your tourist interests in Columbus, Ga.
!!!!I had a great time down in Columbus-
I visited just about every part.
I'm normally not impressed when visiting other Ga cities.
Columbus knows what it's doing.
I can't wait to come back and see all of the completed construction projects.
I hope to see the city "boom" more and more.

Old 10-07-2021, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Not tall enough IMO.
Columbus deserves to go all out at this point.
Is there a demand for taller buildings?
I know I read somewhere in the recent zoning book that high density was coming.
I know that doesn't always mean taller.

Old 10-07-2021, 04:26 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,902,377 times
Atlanta-Kid, I'm glad you finally made it down to Columbus, and very glad that you enjoyed your visit to our fair city! Please spread the word and come back anytime! You'll always be welcomed!

Old 10-07-2021, 05:43 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,161,133 times
Quote:
Not tall enough IMO.
The city can't maintain anything taller than that.

Old 10-07-2021, 08:52 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,645,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
The city can't maintain anything taller than that.
Oh they definitely can. Just don’t have the vision.

Old 10-08-2021, 08:03 AM

297 posts, read 259,475 times
Quote:
Oh they definitely can. Just don’t have the vision.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA