Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 07:08 AM

163 posts, read 374,861 times

Advertisements

Old money, will stay. The average Jo's will move on to greener pastures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel82 View Post
Connecticut is a bedroom community for the richest city in the history of the world. Y’all will have rich people. Trends still matter.

Old 08-11-2019, 09:12 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,186,024 times
Quote:
Connecticut is a bedroom community for the richest city in the history of the world. Y’all will have rich people. Trends still matter.
Connecticut itself has two of the most productive metropolitan areas in the country.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:43 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,348,545 times
Quote:
I don't know if it is the richest but it certainly is one of them. Most likely in the top 10.

Look what I found. You are correct.
https://www.valuewalk.com/2019/05/to...lthiest-cities

I really think "the money in NJ, CT and NY is fleeing down south" is a strategy by the Republican party to try to convince the folks in our Democratic states to turn Republican. And you know sometimes I almost buy it until I keep looking up stats like this.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:33 PM

898 posts, read 598,017 times
I dunno.... I just went to the Price Rite in New Britain. The apartment building going up on the former police department site is looking nice, but where are the renters supposed to park? Building location is not walkable to almost anything. I don't think there is enough space there for one car per apartment and most renters will be looking for two spaces.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:39 PM

21,620 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTartist View Post
I really think "the money in NJ, CT and NY is fleeing down south" is a strategy by the Republican party to try to convince the folks in our Democratic states to turn Republican. And you know sometimes I almost buy it until I keep looking up stats like this.
There have been numerous sources that show this to be happening and it is not a political strategy. Politicians know very well they will never turn CT and NY into republican states.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:47 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG2 View Post
I dunno.... I just went to the Price Rite in New Britain. The apartment building going up on the former police department site is looking nice, but where are the renters supposed to park? Building location is not walkable to almost anything. I don't think there is enough space there for one car per apartment and most renters will be looking for two spaces.
It is walkable to CTfastrak so they can get into Hartford easily as well as things along the line like Stop & Shop, Walmart, Parkville and downtown. They also are near buses that can take people over to Westfarms, Corbins Corner and West Hartford Center.

The idea is for people to be less dependent on cars so less parking is needed. More and more renters are doing with one vehicle per household so it, at least in theory and from experience at similar complexes, should be fine. Jay

Old 08-12-2019, 07:51 PM

413 posts, read 317,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Connecticut itself has two of the most productive metropolitan areas in the country.

Yes, but they are legacy areas. They are not developing or attracting any growing businesses. The businesses that provide GDP are mature and looking at the border.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:04 PM

34,933 posts, read 56,945,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerbeer View Post
Yes, but they are legacy areas. They are not developing or attracting any growing businesses. The businesses that provide GDP are mature and looking at the border.
What businesses are not legacy? Connecticut has a growing biomedical industry. Our adaptation of technology for existing finance businesses is cutting edge. Our technology heavy defense and aviation industries are enviable. We have among the highest number of patients issued per capita. More importantly we have been named the sixth most innovative state in the country. Not bad. Jay

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nnovation-rank

Old 08-13-2019, 05:15 AM

According to this article dated today, CT’s income growth ranks 48 out of 50. It rose only .6% while the national average was 2%.

But there is some good news and hope:

“Job numbers rive the income numbers,” he said, adding that Connecticut is one of just two states that still hasn’t recovered all jobs lost during the last recession.

And while Klepper-Smith and Carstensen both said Connecticut is at risk of slipping into recession over the next year, Carstensen added this state still has some positive economic momentum in one key area.

“There may be a silver lining in that we are real strong in the defense industry and they are ramping up right now,” he said, referring to job growth at Electric Boat in Groton, Pratt and Whitney in East Hartford and Sikorsky Aircraft in Stratford. “This could carry us a long way.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ctmirro...me-growth/amp/

Last edited by kidyankee764; 08-13-2019 at 05:31 AM..

Old 08-13-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeker2211 View Post
Two of the most productive would mean they rank 1 and 2. By GDP, CT’s most productive is Fairfield County at # 38 overall. Per capita, it ranks 4. Hartford is fairly far down on both lists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut