Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 10:48 AM

34,937 posts, read 56,945,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
I've tried doing that, but they claim that he isn't technically violating any of the forum policies, meanwhile I get slapped with a warning/infraction for calling him out when he was rambling about the weather in Buffalo a few weeks ago.

I also called for him to be benched for 2 months after Malloy won, but the mods considered that a "personal attack" and deleted the thread, even though NOT A SINGLE OTHER POSTER had a problem with it, and in fact agreed with me!!!

This forum has rules and they are quite clear what can and can't be posted. Calling someone out on the open forum is clearly against the rules. You will get a no point warning the first several times you do this. After that you will get points that can limit your ability to post. Only when a poster has received multiple infractions can they be banned. A two month timeout is not allowed. As I have said many times, report posts that you feel are against the rules by using the Report Post icon in the upper right corner of the post. I hope this clears up any questions you have on this subject. Now please return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 10:52 AM

6,588 posts, read 4,975,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Yesterday I had received an interview request with a company located in Cheshire. The job sounded great and paid up to $80K. But I turned down the interview because I found out that the property in which the job is located on didn't have the following essential features, which existed in every job I ever had:
  • Full service cafeteria
  • Parking garage
  • 24-hour on-site security
  • Professionally landscaped grounds
I also turned down the interview because I discovered that Cheshire is within the NYC CSA, which I'm trying to get out of. I want nothing to do with NYC.

$80K would have been sufficient to live off in New Haven County, but certainly not in FFC, as is the premise of this thread.

- You're healthy - cafeteria food is not
- Nice, but seriously?
- You insist on leaving a 5 - why on earth do you need security?
- hahahhahaha!

Cheshire has a gorgeous rail trail. I'd spend my lunch breaks on it if I were you

Old 12-04-2014, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Yesterday I had received an interview request with a company located in Cheshire. The job sounded great and paid up to $80K. But I turned down the interview because I found out that the property in which the job is located on didn't have the following essential features, which existed in every job I ever had:
  • Full service cafeteria
  • Parking garage
I also turned down the interview because I discovered that Cheshire is within the NYC CSA, which I'm trying to get out of. I want nothing to do with NYC.

$80K would have been sufficient to live off in New Haven County, but certainly not in FFC, as is the premise of this thread.
What is wrong with you? You have been crying about getting out of Fairfield County for months and when you get an opportunity you turn it down? That is the stupidest thing I have evere heard. Cheshire is no more a part of New York than Granby is. It is a suburb of New Haven, Waterbury and Hartford. Also your ridiculous demand to have covered parking and on site cafeteria is just way too much to even ask for. I would say that few jobs have these. You are never going to find a new job if you keep this up. Jay

Old 12-04-2014, 11:24 AM

21,758 posts, read 28,086,032 times
Quote:
  • Full service cafeteria
  • Parking garage

Sometimes I think you just make up stuff to rile up people. You can't seriously think like this. Cheshire is so removed from NYC it's not even funny. I don't think you'll find more than handful of people there that commute to NYC.

You could have everything you want with a Cheshire job. There are so many inexpensive towns nearby where you could have bought a home and gotten everything you want. It's a relaxed area, just like the Hartford area - and you are near New Haven with its more significant gay scene.

I hope someday you realize how deep your issues are.

Old 12-04-2014, 11:30 AM

21,621 posts, read 31,207,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
What is wrong with you? You have been crying about getting out of Fairfield County for months and when you get an opportunity you turn it down? That is the stupidest thing I have evere heard. Cheshire is no more a part of New York than Granby is. It is a suburb of New Haven, Waterbury and Hartford. Also your ridiculous demand to have covered parking and on site cafeteria is just way too much to even ask for. I would say that few jobs have these. You are never going to find a new job if you keep this up. Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Sometimes I think you just make up stuff to rile up people. You can't seriously think like this. Cheshire is so removed from NYC it's not even funny. I don't think you'll find more than handful of people there that commute to NYC.

You could have everything you want with a Cheshire job. There are so many inexpensive towns nearby where you could have bought a home and gotten everything you want. It's a relaxed area, just like the Hartford area - and you are near New Haven with its more significant gay scene.

I hope someday you realize how deep your issues are.
Hey mods- isn't this a thread about income requirements to live a comfortable lifestyle in specific Fairfield County neighborhoods?

Oh and...

CAN WE PLEASE STOP FEEDING NEP??

Great disservice is being done to OPs on this forum by allowing the hijacking of threads. It's an absolute shame.

Last edited by kidyankee764; 12-04-2014 at 12:34 PM..

Old 12-04-2014, 12:07 PM

3,435 posts, read 3,945,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Hey mods- isn't this a thread about how income requirements to live a comfortable lifestyle in specific Fairfield County neighborhoods?

Oh and...

Great disservice is being done to OPs on this forum by allowing the hijacking of threads. It's an absolute shame.
Totally agree. Thank you.

Old 12-04-2014, 12:30 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,421,006 times
Quote:
Hey mods- isn't this a thread about how income requirements to live a comfortable lifestyle in specific Fairfield County neighborhoods?

Oh and...

Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to kidyankee764 again.
I'm with you in spirit

Old 12-04-2014, 02:29 PM

Please return to the topic of the OP. JayCT, Moderator

Old 12-04-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Hey mods- isn't this a thread about income requirements to live a comfortable lifestyle in specific Fairfield County neighborhoods?

Oh and...

Hey we are human too. Nep has been posting here for a long time so it is hard not to comment on the things he posts. Will go back to the OP topic. Jay.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:39 PM

814 posts, read 911,469 times
According to Nep even if he were making the higher income required he still would not be happy because he says that he does not wish to be around the pretentious NYC Influence.

So it is my opinion that he should relocate after the holiday season so he can find his happy medium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut