Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2018, 05:23 PM

717 posts, read 452,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Add an inch of rain to the books again. In a perfect world October and November will be sunny and dry and cool while the wet pattern comes back with the Polar Vortex in winter.

Sorry for lack of posts. Been in Florence's thread and was away this weekend.

Raining here and chilly 50s outside! Almost needed the stove.
August September and October in most years are the showcased months to boast New England living. Otherwise it’s hard to make the case of living here, especially with the cost of living here.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:26 PM

1,723 posts, read 1,144,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
It wasn’t the worst weather one can ever hope for no, but for the weather you count on as your “good ripe season” you waited through March and April many a chill rainy Brown days counting down for? Lousy lousy lousy finale.

If I get hot humid Miami August I expect it, cheaper vacation packages reflect it, cuz you know when it’s November thru April you’ll get your paradise weather. But when your GOOD season is ruined and there’s nothing to wait for...then it’s not the same

In a typical year September is when the Northeast gets their bragging rights, while Floridians wait out misery till the tides turn after Halloween. Not this year. This year it’s bad news and bad news.

In less than 2 months it will be chilly rainy and barren.
God you just made me so depressed! But you're right. When we don't get a nice summer it's a huge bummer because we know we're in for 6 months of cold, gray and wet starting in November.

But I'd still take a bad summer over what we've had since Friday. Summers are like pizza: even when they are bad, they are still pretty good.

Old 09-10-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanthegoldengod View Post
God you just made me so depressed! But you're right. When we don't get a nice summer it's a huge bummer because we know we're in for 6 months of cold, gray and wet starting in November.

But I'd still take a bad summer over what we've had since Friday. Summers are like pizza: even when they are bad, they are still pretty good.
In 2011 I contemplated a solo adventure of

1) take a greyhound bus to Burlington, Vermont

2) buy a bike in Burlington

3) Ride the rail trails all the way home to Connecticut and stay at campgrounds

I was planning on August 2011 but instead did an SUV road excursion to maritime Canada.

In planning the bike trip I assumed a weather pattern of mostly nice comfy days but some rainy ones here and there. If it were August 2018 it would have been the entirety of the month miserable humidity and rain such that never ever would this trip fit in.

No honestly our best weather is probably June 1-June 20th, which is also when we get those 5:15AM sunrises and twilight skies past 9pm.

Visit Connecticut first half of June, then again third week October to see the foliage and you’ve seen it all.

Last edited by Siberiaboy; 09-10-2018 at 06:44 PM..

Old 09-11-2018, 06:28 AM

If 2018 weather were to become every year’s weather would you stay in Connecticut?

Old 09-12-2018, 05:33 AM

833 posts, read 499,934 times
Look at that east-west precipitation divide!

Old 09-12-2018, 06:17 AM

83,502 posts, read 75,252,292 times
Has anyone seen the sun??
This front has been hovering over us for like 4 days now. Gees.

Old 09-12-2018, 06:36 AM

The sun was last out on Thursday afternoon of last week when it was 92 degrees out with lots of humidity. (Almost a week ago)

The last time there was ANY sun and without extreme humidity was Saturday September 1st (11 days ago)

The last time there was a Mostly sunny comfortable day was Saturday August 25th. (18 days ago)

The last day of a deep blue sky and comfortable ....July 7th (over 60 days ago)

Old 09-12-2018, 08:28 AM

385 posts, read 363,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
The sun was last out on Thursday afternoon of last week when it was 92 degrees out with lots of humidity. (Almost a week ago)

The last time there was ANY sun and without extreme humidity was Saturday September 1st (11 days ago)

The last time there was a Mostly sunny comfortable day was Saturday August 25th. (18 days ago)

The last day of a deep blue sky and comfortable ....July 7th (over 60 days ago)
Can't remember a worse summer.

Old 09-12-2018, 09:00 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,494,472 times
I can't recall when I last spent so much time inside or in a pool. I felt bad for my kids who couldn't get out to play in the yard or playgrounds because of the sweltering. Thankfully the pool offered relief, and we really enjoyed the last few days of cool weather. Got the pool covered but the AC went back on last night with this nasty humidity, thankfully it's not heat temp wise and just the mugginess.

I'm trying to identify these little black gnat/fly things that popped up like crazy all around after the rain yesterday, they seemed to be swarming all over.

Old 09-12-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
I can't recall when I last spent so much time inside or in a pool. I felt bad for my kids who couldn't get out to play in the yard or playgrounds because of the sweltering. Thankfully the pool offered relief, and we really enjoyed the last few days of cool weather. Got the pool covered but the AC went back on last night with this nasty humidity, thankfully it's not heat temp wise and just the mugginess.

I'm trying to identify these little black gnat/fly things that popped up like crazy all around after the rain yesterday, they seemed to be swarming all over.
I am also curious how much this weather dragged the state’s tourist economy. Outdoor concerts in Stratford, bike rentals, boat rentals, carnival tickets, Outdoor ice cream stand sales, farmers market sales, tag sales, cancelled block parties. I can’t see this being a good year for any of this.

What are the facial expressions of the people at BDL who came up here for a retreat and now are on return flights home? What are the reactions of new people who just relocated here for new jobs and were originally excited for their new jobs and summer where it can be nice and pleasant? Some come here from down south, some from California and many are families with kids who love outdoor activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut