Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 08:39 PM

854 posts, read 1,241,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
I don't like that 992 Summer St will be set back from the street. The building should be right by the sidewalk. Downtown should be devoid of frontal parking.
That's not downtown. This building will be surrounded by featureless edifices connecting parking podiums to Class C office space via outdated elevators.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 10:26 AM

10,072 posts, read 14,947,742 times
The city government will regain control of the Old Town Hall. The building was abandoned for many years and then was subjected to years of restoration. I never knew this building is so handsome on the inside too. It has always been one of my favorite buildings in Stamford. I can't wait to visit this place and see the inside for myself.

Quote:
Soon Stamford will take back Old Town Hall, the grand century-old building that sits on the spot where Indian paths once crossed, where colonists once gathered, where the city was born 374 years ago.
Quote:
In 2001, with the help of state grants, the city began a $20 million renovation. To defray the cost of the project, the city pursued federal tax credits, which meant transferring ownership to three limited-liability corporation.

After that was done, the city in 2006 created the Old Town Hall Redevelopment Agency to manage the corporations. The renovation was completed in 2010.
Quote:
“As part of the original agreement, the city will resume operation and management of Old Town Hall, but the timeline for that is not clear yet,” said Libby Carlson, spokeswoman for Mayor David Martin.
Angela Carella: Stamford taking back Old Town Hall

Old 11-11-2015, 07:37 AM

5 posts, read 8,298 times
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...st-6622453.php

Doesn't seem like it's worth saving given the current state of condition. I haven't seen what they plan on doing.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:29 AM

854 posts, read 1,241,326 times
Update on possible Home Depot on West Main Street:

Home store approved for Stamford

Update on future demolition of Czescik Homes housing project for the elderly and disabled (on Greenwich Avenue between Richmond Hill Avenue and Pulaski Street). The residents will be resettled in a new building on Summer Street (see post #564 above).

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...ed-6622418.php

Old 11-11-2015, 09:12 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtby4000 View Post
Update on possible Home Depot on West Main Street:

Home store approved for Stamford

Update on future demolition of Czescik Homes housing project for the elderly and disabled (on Greenwich Avenue between Richmond Hill Avenue and Pulaski Street). The residents will be resettled in a new building on Summer Street (see post #564 above).

Stamford housing complex to be replaced - StamfordAdvocate

that will be huge not having to travel through traffic all the way up to norwalk

Old 11-11-2015, 09:31 AM

5 posts, read 8,298 times
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news...st-6622453.php

Hopefully this link works regarding St Johns towers

Old 11-11-2015, 12:05 PM

34,924 posts, read 56,924,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWCT81 View Post
Stamford Point of Interest - StamfordAdvocate

Hopefully this link works regarding St Johns towers
Not working for me. Try this. Jay

Stamford Point of Interest - StamfordAdvocate

Old 11-11-2015, 04:43 PM

23 posts, read 89,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
that will be huge not having to travel through traffic all the way up to norwalk
To be replaced by the quagmire that will be West Main Street. I too welcome the store, but that traffic on those streets, even with widening the intersection at West Street will be like driving crosstown in Manhattan.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:54 AM

10,072 posts, read 14,947,742 times
Why people say its a Home Depot when the chain hasn't been confirmed?

There are other home improvement stores out there. I personally hope its a Lowes.

As far as access to its parking lot, I think the store can have three. The main one would obviously connect to West Main Street, but two smaller ones can be created.

Area of the entrance on West Main Street

Second potential access on Catoona Lane (connects to Greenwich)

Third potential access on Acosta Street

Last edited by AntonioR; 11-12-2015 at 09:07 AM..

Old 11-12-2015, 10:19 AM

23 posts, read 89,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

As far as access to its parking lot, I think the store can have three. The main one would obviously connect to West Main Street, but two smaller ones can be created.

Area of the entrance on West Main Street

Second potential access on Catoona Lane (connects to Greenwich)

Third potential access on Acosta Street

Interesting notion, but can you imagine the stink the folks living along these narrow, sleepy streets will raise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut