Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 02:39 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,825,030 times

Advertisements

Aww, RIP, hero!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 06:18 AM

334 posts, read 716,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMoose View Post
Mandela was a terrorist, racist and the ONLY sad part of his passing is that he did not die with a burning tire around his neck as he did to so many others. May he rot in the pit of hell painfully and forever. Do your own research rather than letting public school and "mainstream" media do your thinking for you.
Don't confuse the CD crowd with facts, MM. They know what they know. I agree with you. Forty five years ago I got paid $110 a month to fight communists. Why should I mourn one now?
Attached Thumbnails
Nelson Mandela Passed Away-mandela-communist.jpeg  

Old 12-06-2013, 06:38 AM

641 posts, read 1,020,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Twenty-seven years of imprisonment as the symbol of the anti-Apartheid movement and the eventual overthrow of white minority rule. In the end, no show trials, no reprisals, the peaceful transition of power no where in the history of the planet has the transition of power from an oppressive minority to an oppressed majority been as successful all negotiated by a man imprisoned by his oppressor for 27 years.. A feat only accomplished by the power and humanity of Nelson Mandela.
no, just no, look at the state of S.A. today and that godforsaken economy compared to when the "oppsresive minority" was in power.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:10 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMoose View Post
Mandela was a terrorist, racist and the ONLY sad part of his passing is that he did not die with a burning tire around his neck as he did to so many others. May he rot in the pit of hell painfully and forever. Do your own research rather than letting public school and "mainstream" media do your thinking for you.
Perhaps you could do your own research. Under his leadership the ANC publically condemned necklacing. His ex-wife Winnie condoned it, they are not one person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red3311 View Post
no, just no, look at the state of S.A. today and that godforsaken economy compared to when the "oppsresive minority" was in power.
So you're saying that 50 years of legalized Apartheid had no impact on what the country has become? Paying what were essentially "slave wages" enabled the Apartheid governments to build the solid infrastructure at a huge cost to minorities, both socially and economically.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:19 AM

4,095 posts, read 5,544,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He isn't just any 95 year-old man. As the President of South Africa, he helped to lead South Africa out of its apartheid era.

One thing I found even sadder was this. I was on facebook. There were more people saying RIP Paul Walker than saying the same thing for Mandela. Many of the same persons who were so sad to see Paul Walker die, I didn't hear a word from them about Nelson Mandela, not a word. I saw some "RIP Madiba" and "RIP Nelson Mandela" from some people, but I saw more sadness expressed when it was Paul Walker who died.
I guess we have different types of FB friends and many of mine are older. I saw 3 or 4 posts about Paul Walker, and many, many posts about Mandela/Madiba. He was greatly admired and we are very sad.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:20 AM

483 posts, read 870,105 times
May spirit of world leader Nelson Mandela live on in our collective hearts. Madiba - We miss you and respect your accomplishments.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:22 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,368,800 times
Unfortunately there are always those who don't have a clue, were probably not alive during apartheid and who can only indulge in stinkin' thinkin' out of ignorance and/or abysmal lack of intelligence or overt racism. Nelson Mandela is too far above them to be reachable for them.

It takes all kinds!

Old 12-06-2013, 08:55 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,366,742 times
I will not praise any communist, alive or dead.

Say hi to Lenin, Stalin, Mao and the rest in their utopia.....HELL.

Hey, how about some neat quotes from ol' Nelson just to remember him by:

7 Nelson Mandela Quotes You Probably Won't See In The U.S. Media

Old 12-06-2013, 09:15 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,368,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
I will not praise any communist, alive or dead.
So I guess you don't support Obama and his attempts to redistribute wealth either, right?

Old 12-06-2013, 09:46 AM

72 posts, read 126,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly1 View Post
Unfortunately there are always those who don't have a clue, were probably not alive during apartheid and who can only indulge in stinkin' thinkin' out of ignorance and/or abysmal lack of intelligence or overt racism. Nelson Mandela is too far above them to be reachable for them.

It takes all kinds!
Everyone born since at least 1947 has been alive during apartheid.
Our local weekly posted an article about Mandela's death with the following comment:
Mandela was South Africa's first post-apartheid president. True.

Given the obvious import of that statement, an obvious question is:

Who will be Palestine's first post-apartheid president?

If this question makes anyone scratch their heads in wonder, following is a link to an excellent review by Chris Hedges of Max Blumenthal's book Goliath:

Imploding Myth of Israel — Chris Hedges | Veterans News Now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events