Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2014, 12:27 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,436,015 times

Advertisements

This case was just posted. Someone can start a Westhoff thread if desired. The surgeries and problems were entirely different. The Westhoff's lost one daughter and her twin did fine with her surgery. I feel badly for them.

What matters for the McMath situation, is the Westhoff's visit to the McMath's as they were preparing to sue CHO. Plus, Dolan is quoted. He is not presently an Westhoff attorney.

Perhaps this explains more some of the other influences.
Danville family of brain-dead girl sues Oakland hospital that treated Jahi McMath - San Jose Mercury News

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 02:19 PM

2,410 posts, read 4,454,794 times
If anyone is still following this thread:

Yesterday there was a local news story saying that she's been at St. Peter's Children's Hospital in New Brunswick, N.J. The article pointed out that New Jersey is the only state in the country that requires hospitals to accomodate brain dead patients "who belong to a religion that does not accept the diagnosis as a final verdict for death."

The hospital wouldn't verify if she is actually there or not.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/News/ci_25998061/Jahi-McMath:-Experts-say-New-Jersey

Old 09-20-2014, 12:08 AM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
If anyone is still following this thread:

Yesterday there was a local news story saying that she's been at St. Peter's Children's Hospital in New Brunswick, N.J. The article pointed out that New Jersey is the only state in the country that requires hospitals to accomodate brain dead patients "who belong to a religion that does not accept the diagnosis as a final verdict for death."

The hospital wouldn't verify if she is actually there or not.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/News/ci_25998061/Jahi-McMath:-Experts-say-New-Jersey
Cb7e,

I've actually had a feeling I needed to search for any info on the teen. Thanks for the link. I wonder how her care is being paid for? Before others ask what difference it makes to me, none if it's private donations. A lot if it is a third party payor who probably already has re-written policy about what the will cover. If it's a governmental program, tax payers may prefer those dollars for other purposes.

I wonder if the attorney ever filed a lawsuit in CA?

Thanks again.

MSR

Old 09-20-2014, 12:37 AM

Default Family Wanted Middle School Diploma Awarded in June

This Blogspot goes basically back to Jan. 2014.

Skip the parts you know. There are entries from the summer and even Sept.

For the record, I disagree with the poster who mentioned the PET Scan. If the family doesn't believe by now they aren't going to.

And I'm sooooo glad I missed the uncle's comments about his reality show in June.

Trials & Tribulations: Jahi McMath: No News on This Case

If you are tired of this thread don't read it.

MSR

Old 10-04-2014, 08:08 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,799,123 times
I absolutely cannot believe this is still going on!
Girl's family seeks unprecedented court order in brain-death ruling - CBS News

Old 10-04-2014, 08:32 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
It's just a sad situation.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/oct/03/jahi-mcmath-california-girl-family-brain-dead-ruling-reverse

3 points worth noting in the latest developments:

1) The money has run out. "Dolan confirmed the state taxpayer could become responsible for the medical costs if Jahi was declared alive"

2) All the information we have recently is via the family's lawyer, Dolan.

3) The "medical expert" who says Jahi now responds to commands is a clinical psychologist, not a physician. And a very controversial psychologist at that:

Brain-injury foundation embraces its ‘maverick’ status - News - The State Journal-Register - Springfield, IL

Meadowlands hospital neuroscientist fired over controversial autism treatment | NJ.com

Old 10-04-2014, 09:53 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Here are the videos.

Jahi McMath videos released - SFGate Blog

Old 10-04-2014, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
The videos are meaningless without clinical corroboration from a physician. It's not unusual for the human body to have involuntary movements. We have no idea if these movements were intentional, or whether they are regular spasms.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:52 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The videos are meaningless without clinical corroboration from a physician. It's not unusual for the human body to have involuntary movements. We have no idea if these movements were intentional, or whether they are regular spasms.
I read that she had an MRI and EEG at Rutgers. But I don't know if that's sufficient. In any case I imagine that some court ordered physicians would have to run tests on Jahi if the Judge even considers revoking the death certificate. So the truth will be known sooner or later.

Old 10-04-2014, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
I read that she had an MRI and EEG at Rutgers. But I don't know if that's sufficient. In any case I imagine that some court ordered physicians would have to run tests on Jahi if the Judge even considers revoking the death certificate. So the truth will be known sooner or later.
Agreed. Then it remains to be seen if the family will accept the outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events