Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 01:57 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,961,171 times

Advertisements

JONOV says street cred. Messed up. Thugged up pit. I think the cop was probably afraid of dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 01:59 PM

4,792 posts, read 8,187,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
WOW! Your response shows such ignorance!!

I AM WAY MORE AFRAID OF THE POLICE IN OUR COUNTRY THAN I AM OF PITBULLS!!
I hope someone in your family does not get seriously hurt by your ignorance.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:53 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,534,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
No - but when I do I make sure to blame the consequences of leaving that door open on anyone I can.
You think shooting a dog dead is a fair consequence to leaving a door open?

Old 01-31-2014, 08:00 PM

541 posts, read 861,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PaperMoon~ View Post
If that pitbull had mauled someone's child to death people would be saying why did they allow it to run loose. Pitbulls are dangerous. Period. If people insist on owning them, then it's up to them to ensure they don't get out or loose for the safety of others. I would prefer a dead pitbull to a dead human. It's the owners fault for not keeping us and the dog safe by making sure they could not get out. The owners think it's okay if their carelessness causes someone else to be mauled to death, but if their carelessness causes their pet to be killed then they get all upset.
I used to think that, but then I adopted a PitBull puppy that was left alone to starve to death and wander in the streets. Checked to make sure he wasn't owned by anyone via chip and neighborhood signs. Had him neutered with my own vet. He's sweet and wonderful. Gets along with everyone including our other dogs that are not PitBulls.

It's the owner, not the dog breed, that's the problem.

To the OP, it sickens me on the use of excessive force that the Police had over an innocent dog due to a mistake made by an owner. Wish something could be done to punish the officer that pulled the trigger.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:17 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,222,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Attributed to whom?

Who made the claim that the dog just "walked toward the police"?

"No mention of Drake acting aggressively"? She we mention there was no mention of Drake flying a helicopter?

If the article said, "Next door neighbor John Doe, who witnessed the event, said the dog just walked over to the police prior to the shooting..." that would be a completely different story. But the article sites nobody that says the dog acted in a particular manner, probably because the family said that is what the dog would have done.

You might want to actually read the article again, since you didn't understand it the first time.
"According to the police" suggests it is the police who said all that I quoted. Maybe your comprehension needs some work.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:38 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,026,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Expectant mother Jessica Cabrera now has a new reason to hate Mondays. Two weeks ago, the gate to her backyard in Sun Valley, Calif. was somehow left open, and her dogs got out. The dogs, being dogs, enjoyed the freedom of not being “gated” but quickly came back to their home. Cabrera’s 4-year-old mixed Pit bull Drake, probably should have stayed away. Drake was shot in the head by the LAPD before his owners even knew the gate was open.

Police shoot pregnant mother's dog in her own driveway - Wilmington Civil Rights | Examiner.com
Just another irresponsible dog owner, and the dog pays the price. Would it be better if the dog had gotten out and was run over by a truck, instead of getting shot by the police? Keep your gate closed, and your dog inside, and the police won't shoot it. Actually they might still shoot it, but at least then, I might have some sympathy.

Last edited by KaaBoom; 01-31-2014 at 09:46 PM..

Old 01-31-2014, 10:37 PM

339 posts, read 777,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Did any of the "defenders" of this action actually read the article?? The dog was shot on its own property! Not in the street...not in a neighbors yard....not acting aggressively. So now the cops can walk onto a persons property and shoot an animal that lives there for no reason other than a neighbor called and said it was "loose". Nice.
Trigger happy thugs.
Walk on to my property and shoot my dog in my yard and see what the headlines read.
There is no law that says a dog must be restrained on its own property. This was over the top use of unnecessary force.
Wrong. Research California's leash laws.

Old 01-31-2014, 11:10 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,477,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
how is the fact that she is a pregnant mother relevant?
Bingo sympathy play

The cops did the right thing. If a pitbull comes at my hard he's catching lead

Old 02-01-2014, 06:05 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Just another irresponsible dog owner, and the dog pays the price. Would it be better if the dog had gotten out and was run over by a truck, instead of getting shot by the police? Keep your gate closed, and your dog inside, and the police won't shoot it. Actually they might still shoot it, but at least then, I might have some sympathy.
EXACTLY!

There was a story in the news where I am a week or so ago where a cop car came over a hill/railroad track, barreling down the street in pursuit of someone. A homeowners dog chose that exact moment to cross the street. Oops!

I have absolutely no sympathy for its incredibly stupid owner. Of course all the news stories leaned on how dangerous it can be for the public when a cop chases a bad guy. Huh? It's his job! Keep your pets and kids in an enclosed area and you won't have a problem. Not one single news story that I saw asked why the dog was running loose in a residential area in the first place. The story leaned heavily on how the large dog was the pet of a child. Well...hopefully the kid has learned a valuable lesson, but I doubt it. He's probably just learned to distrust cops.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:13 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,271,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
Bingo sympathy play

The cops did the right thing. If a pitbull comes at my hard he's catching lead
I assume you meant me hard...........

But ain't THAT th friggin troof!

All these dimwits acting as if the cop saw the dog and shot it without getting out of the patrol car like a drive by shooting, or comparing the pitbull to a Shih Tzu, or claimed "it's the owner" have missed the point big time.
Who cares what the owner was like when the dog is coming at you? And do those dimwits believe the bitbull was wagging and showing signs of submission? Do they think that saying, "Here Doggie, Here Doggie", will settle the dog down?

Some people have never been charged by a pitbull. If this dog gets to you, you are going to get hurt. Interviewing the owner is not an option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events