Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 01:57 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,602,856 times

Advertisements

Expectant mother Jessica Cabrera now has a new reason to hate Mondays. Two weeks ago, the gate to her backyard in Sun Valley, Calif. was somehow left open, and her dogs got out. The dogs, being dogs, enjoyed the freedom of not being “gated” but quickly came back to their home. Cabrera’s 4-year-old mixed Pit bull Drake, probably should have stayed away. Drake was shot in the head by the LAPD before his owners even knew the gate was open.

Police shoot pregnant mother's dog in her own driveway - Wilmington Civil Rights | Examiner.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 02:12 PM

628 posts, read 1,316,119 times
Just another disgusting story about use of excessive force by a police department. Daily headlines being made. I'd be more open minded to listen to the police versions of incidents like this if there were civilian board reviews of every police shooting. Instead they are reviewed by their own union.....guess we know why there is rarely a finding of police fault; whether the victim is animal or human.
We are now being policed by a paramilitary organization. "Serve and Protect" is a joke these days.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:23 PM

339 posts, read 832,908 times
If that pitbull had mauled someone's child to death people would be saying why did they allow it to run loose. Pitbulls are dangerous. Period. If people insist on owning them, then it's up to them to ensure they don't get out or loose for the safety of others. I would prefer a dead pitbull to a dead human. It's the owners fault for not keeping us and the dog safe by making sure they could not get out. The owners think it's okay if their carelessness causes someone else to be mauled to death, but if their carelessness causes their pet to be killed then they get all upset.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:57 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,929,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~PaperMoon~ View Post
If that pitbull had mauled someone's child to death people would be saying why did they allow it to run loose. Pitbulls are dangerous. Period. If people insist on owning them, then it's up to them to ensure they don't get out or loose for the safety of others. I would prefer a dead pitbull to a dead human. It's the owners fault for not keeping us and the dog safe by making sure they could not get out. The owners think it's okay if their carelessness causes someone else to be mauled to death, but if their carelessness causes their pet to be killed then they get all upset.
WOW! Your response shows such ignorance!!

I AM WAY MORE AFRAID OF THE POLICE IN OUR COUNTRY THAN I AM OF PITBULLS!!

Last edited by geebabe; 01-30-2014 at 05:55 PM..

Old 01-30-2014, 04:59 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Any way I can get those policemen to visit my neighborhood?

Old 01-30-2014, 05:52 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Yep dont these people have to pass a mental evaluation before becoming a police officer or are they just letting anyone on the force now ? it makes me sick that we have nut cases for police officers . Yep I would be more afraid of the police than I would a pitbull ...I hope this poor woman sues them for all they are worth .

Old 01-30-2014, 06:43 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Here's your clue:

the gate to her backyard in Sun Valley, Calif. was somehow left open,

The gate didn't open by itself. It's unlikely the dog opened it.

I have ZERO use for people who aren't responsible pet owners. Sad for the dog that he didn't have better owners. My response has nothing to do with the breed. I trust a pittie more than a nasty ankle-biting chiwawa.

Old 01-30-2014, 07:15 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
how is the fact that she is a pregnant mother relevant?

Old 01-30-2014, 10:30 PM

339 posts, read 832,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Here's your clue:

the gate to her backyard in Sun Valley, Calif. was somehow left open,

The gate didn't open by itself. It's unlikely the dog opened it.

I have ZERO use for people who aren't responsible pet owners. Sad for the dog that he didn't have better owners. My response has nothing to do with the breed. I trust a pittie more than a nasty ankle-biting chiwawa.
Exactly, she was an irresponsible pet owner and it got her pet killed.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:58 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,537,247 times
You have never made a mistake like leaving a door open? Why, such galliant and flawless salnts you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events