Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 06:08 AM

610 posts, read 699,331 times

Advertisements

i like how nobody defended that kid, and nobody made it about race, until all the brilliant minions of racial knowledge (read: live, eat, sleep, work around other white people) chimed in over and over and over to talk about how certainly "Obama would defend him" and all kinds of other whacko ****.

Barack Obama is a slimey, spineless, two-faced imbecile with no knowledge of economics and no understanding of property rights. He is flying by the seat of his pants, in the dark, making it up as he goes along, and ruining the little good left in the process. I also detest race-mongers like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and all of these people who force the discussion of race into a place it doesn't need to go, and really for holding back race relations in general.

That said, most of your comments on this thread REALLY WERE full of racial vitriol. Nobody anywhere made it anything to do with race until all of you out of touch white people started calling them "animals" and talking about how you were certain it was "just a racist teacher" with your sarcastic tone. How about this, you actually-racist *******s who ought to re-assess your own analysis: it was a big, bad-ass kid who has either no discipline, or a terrible temper, acting in a way that a high-schooler should never be allowed to act, surrounded by a bunch of other terrified high schoolers having no idea how to handle the situation. It's groupthink, and the horrible government high schools breed it. It had nothing to do with him being black. This whole thread is a joke and is full of ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 06:26 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
This has been an odd month.

Started out by reading that there is a bias against black students as "Black students are suspended more than three times as often as their white classmates, twice as often as their Latino classmates and more than 10 times as often as their Asian classmates in middle and high schools nationwide..."

Study: Black students suspended more often than others

This month I also saw several videos of black students attacking teachers and one another. A teacher in Detroit was fired for trying to break up a fight between two black students with a broom. This video of a black student knocking down a 66 y/o substitute teacher, and the following video of a black student attacking a teacher for telling her to leave the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_Fj3nNnAnU

Good grief, how can teachers teach in classrooms where students attack them and each another?

As we bring soldiers home from Iraq and Afghanistan, perhaps we should start assigning them duty as teacher's assistants.

Hazardous duty pay, of course.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 05-20-2014 at 07:06 AM..

Old 05-20-2014, 10:08 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethemaverick View Post
I know. Just pointing out that your experiences seem to be the norm, which is really sad. If this country would see that black children are children - just like white children - it would change a lot. White children do dumb stuff, it's youth. Black children do dumb stuff, it's crime - even if it's the same dumb stuff.
The thing is, everything you mentioned doesn't surprise me. Even with all things being equal, I would say Black children aren't viewed in as good a light as White children, even with all things being considered. I have noticed the way some things are perceived. When a White kid gets in trouble, it's perceived as "he's a delinquent kid, go call his parents". When it's a Black kid making trouble, it's "that's what Black kids do, they do that kind of crap". And in some cases, the punishment reflects the thinking rather than the actual behavior.

This is not to excuse this particular person's behavior. Assaulting a teacher a horrible thing to do, much less an elderly woman. He deserves to be punished for what he did. You do the crime, you do the time. That being said, it leaves me with much to wonder.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:53 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,488,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
i like how nobody defended that kid, and nobody made it about race, until all the brilliant minions of racial knowledge (read: live, eat, sleep, work around other white people) chimed in over and over and over to talk about how certainly "Obama would defend him" and all kinds of other whacko ****.

Barack Obama is a slimey, spineless, two-faced imbecile with no knowledge of economics and no understanding of property rights. He is flying by the seat of his pants, in the dark, making it up as he goes along, and ruining the little good left in the process. I also detest race-mongers like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and all of these people who force the discussion of race into a place it doesn't need to go, and really for holding back race relations in general.

That said, most of your comments on this thread REALLY WERE full of racial vitriol. Nobody anywhere made it anything to do with race until all of you out of touch white people started calling them "animals" and talking about how you were certain it was "just a racist teacher" with your sarcastic tone. How about this, you actually-racist *******s who ought to re-assess your own analysis: it was a big, bad-ass kid who has either no discipline, or a terrible temper, acting in a way that a high-schooler should never be allowed to act, surrounded by a bunch of other terrified high schoolers having no idea how to handle the situation. It's groupthink, and the horrible government high schools breed it. It had nothing to do with him being black. This whole thread is a joke and is full of ignorance.
This whole FORUM is a joke and full of ignorance. I can't tolerate the POC forum for this exact reason, and this forum has become just as bad. Any story that involves a black person committing a crime is used as an example by some racist person for how ALL black people are violent and criminal, and then it moves on from there to Obama, to just unbearable foolishness. I don't think people really realize how dumb they sound.

Reading this thread, I guess no white child has ever acted out violently. At least, that's what some fools would like to believe.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:19 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Some here make it their mission to search the internet for black on white crime and run to post it on this forum that will attract the usual keyboard bigots blaming the President, Jesse or Al and/or getting their subtle racial digs in against black people.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:22 AM

4,792 posts, read 8,190,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post
This whole FORUM is a joke and full of ignorance. I can't tolerate the POC forum for this exact reason, and this forum has become just as bad. Any story that involves a black person committing a crime is used as an example by some racist person for how ALL black people are violent and criminal, and then it moves on from there to Obama, to just unbearable foolishness. I don't think people really realize how dumb they sound.

Reading this thread, I guess no white child has ever acted out violently. At least, that's what some fools would like to believe.
Unfortunately you are so right. Seems no one can discuss an issue without dragging in race and of course Obama.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:25 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
During the 60th anniversary of Brown no less.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:27 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNomus View Post

Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime, you need to make peace with that.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:39 AM

1,677 posts, read 2,488,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime, you need to make peace with that.
You can keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:31 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,445,216 times
It would never occur to me to think white children do not cause problems. They definitely do. But, this thread is not about a white child. If it were, the comments from me would be relevant to a white child. I've had plenty of experience with both. Yes, when it's about either white or black, comments are made and they are made just as often by black people as white. Unfortunately, if a white person makes a negative comment about a black person it is labeled racist. If I don't like something the president did and say so, I'm told I'm a racist. He is the first and only president of this country who is protected by the racist drama. I didn't like plenty of Bush's actions, but no protection for him. He's out in the cold. No warm and fuzzies around. The current president is not a president I wanted and it has NOTHING to do with the color of his skin.

I taught in a white high school and I taught in a black high school. It was NOT the same. The culture is different and the behavior is different. That's just how it is. My mind operates on an equal opportunity basis. I have deep concerns for young black males because I know for many the odds are against them. I do so wish it were otherwise. If I were black I would try to make a difference. I wish many of their parents would try to make a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events