Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2014, 12:02 PM

141 posts, read 116,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Did you read my comments? In YOUR stats the pit bull had weakest bite of the 4 dog group. Yet somehow it is the Pit Bull you are focused on. Your video was a Mastiff in bite training, yet somehow you think this demonstrates how dangerous Pit Bulls are. The thread is about a UPS guy attacking Pit Bulls, but the dogs are clearly not even remotely related to Pit Bulls, and it was the UPS guy that was dangerous.

The pictures you show in this post are clearly Mastiff mixes, but it makes a more sensational case to simply label them pit bulls. The breeder is marketing large mutts with pit, mastiff, and god knows what else (probably some Rotties) to ignorant people as "Pit Bulls" - those are NOT Am Staffs, APB, or Staffordshire Terriers (the group of dogs commonly labeled "Pit Bull"), and they look to be well over 100 lbs (perhaps as large as 200lbs) far larger then any Pit Bull, even granting pure bred dogs can be out of standard for the breed (and be larger or smaller than the standard).

So, no, I am pretty sure it is not me living in an alternate universe.
LOL!

No actually I was the one who POSTED those stats and in the beginning of the thread and at many points said how dangerous these other breeds are including rotties. You're a pit bull apologizer so you're jumping to conclusions I never made. That's all it is. I think that a BUNCH of large alpha breeds should be banned/need special licensing like exotic animals INCLUDING pit bulls and their various mixes. Lets get real, most are mixes anyway. I said that right from the start.

They(large alpha breeds) have proven their danger and idiot dog owners have PROVEN that many of them can't handle a simple task like leashing their dog. Where's the enforcement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2014, 12:05 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,896,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Here ya go, a local report complete with video so you can see the dogs for yourself.
That woman is an idiot.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:06 PM

Oh and all "locking jaws" means is that they grab hold and don't like to let go. There's obviously not an actual locking mechanism. They sink their teeth in and swing their body back and forth. They instinctively do that. Look at any bite work. That's how pit bulls fight. They lock on and fight through pain. Selectively bred for that. Mastiffs were bred to kill people. This is reality. Oh and I'm the one that brough up mastiffs and all these other dangerous breeds as well as stats on bite force. Btw- any of those bites would be enough to break bones and do permanent damage. A pure bred pit bull has an incredible bite force for it's size.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:06 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
alpha breed??

LOL....

that's a new one.....

my heeler is an intelligent, independent thinker.... does that make her an alpha breed??

Old 06-18-2014, 12:07 PM

159 posts, read 169,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
Are you actually reading the whole thread? You're saying things that have been repeated. It was already stated about cops would have killed the dogs It was originally reported by some media as pit bulls. I saw pics of the dogs. One of them looked like a pit mix.
Did you actually read your own link? It said nothing about Pit Bulls. You should not believe whatever the media tells you. Just because a dog looks like a Pit mix to you, does not make it so. Just more Pit Bull hysteria.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferL View Post
Did you actually read your own link? It said nothing about Pit Bulls. You should not believe whatever the media tells you. Just because a dog looks like a Pit mix to you, does not make it so. Just more Pit Bull hysteria.
Yes, I think they edited the story and on top of it there was a bunch of news reports. I found out about first on tv.

Did they do dna on the dogs? You'd be surprised what's in a dog.

Again...who cares? Two large aggressive territorial dogs.

Want me to give you a hundred links of actual pit bull attacks where people were maimed?

You just want to push your pit bull agenda. Do you own them? Just curious.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:10 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardtastic View Post
LOL!

No actually I was the one who POSTED those stats and in the beginning of the thread and at many points said how dangerous these other breeds are including rotties. You're a pit bull apologizer so you're jumping to conclusions I never made. That's all it is. I think that a BUNCH of large alpha breeds should be banned/need special licensing like exotic animals INCLUDING pit bulls and their various mixes. Lets get real, most are mixes anyway. I said that right from the start.

They(large alpha breeds) have proven their danger and idiot dog owners have PROVEN that many of them can't handle a simple task like leashing their dog. Where's the enforcement?
Actually, I am not a Pit Bull apologist, I just don't like lazy, emotional thinkers that want to have the world comply with their sunshine and rainbows world without dealing with the logical consequences of their desires, let alone reality.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
alpha breed??

LOL....

that's a new one.....
No it's not. Google it. Term has been around for decades to describe certain breeds.

Old 06-18-2014, 12:13 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,964,579 times
Dog smog. It could have been a goose. The point is the driver for whatever reason felt he had to defend himself. If the dogs attacked him he had to do what he had to do. If his supervisor has a problem with it then he/she should make all future deliveries to that home.

Even if they fire him there's a good chance it will happen again to another driver. Then what?
I fully understand dog lovers will defend the dogs but some dogs do bite. I just can't believe the driver got up and thought yea I got this delivery today to this home and I'm going to cut me some dog today.

Do people understand those drivers may have 100 plus stops on their route?

Old 06-18-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Actually, I am not a Pit Bull apologist, I just don't like lazy, emotional thinkers that want to have the world comply with their sunshine and rainbows world without dealing with the logical consequences of their desires, let alone reality.
Random gibberish. Not sure what a ups driver defending himself against unleashed territorial large dogs has to do with sunshine and rainbows. You sound like you need therapy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events