Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 09:23 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,430,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Than You View Post
Yes. To throw our "wins" in their face. It's as simple as walking around with a happy smirk on your face ... they get it. lol
It's nothing new. Which is probably why they celebrated OJ. Blacks would regularly get killed in the South only for the perpetrators to be set free in their kangaroo courts. But racists keep tally of their "wins" and decent people hate all injustice.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:29 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,015,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I am outraged at all those acts. What is your point? A bunch of wrongs make it okay? I think I learned that isn't true in 1st grade. None of it is okay and an embarrassment to communities. Whatever though. I just could care less. It is all due to a hyped up media frenzy that has been going on for decades.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:25 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,037,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
What do African Americans REALLY think about the "WHITE" demonstraters marching "With Them" against the grand jury's decision not to bring charges against this officer?
Don't you have any black friends of your own you can ask this question too?

It always amazes me how blacks have been in this country for 400 years and are forced to interact with whites on a daily basis to survive, but the opposite is true for whites who have been here just as long.

Why is that?

Old 11-27-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
What boy are you talking about? You mean the adult that just robbed a store and reached into a cop's car to ty and take his gun and ended up getting shot?

Do you REALLY believe that a kid NOT ON DRUGS and with NO CRIMINAL RECORD (not even juvie) would be crazy enough to do what Darren Wilson said??

Darren is 6'4" feet tall, 210 pounds while Mike was 6'1", 250, but yet Wilson said he felt like a "5 year old child" against this "raging" black MAN with "demonic" eyes. He began shooting him INSIDE the vehicle and continued shooting when Brown ran. When Brown turned around he said he looked "angry". Well was he supposed to look "happy" after you shot him??

Also, Wilson made sure to use the "tried and true" story of the black man with superhuman hulk-like abilities where they believe they're made of steel and can run through bullets to get to their target.

Brown's murder took less than 60 seconds to complete for a man in "fear for his life".

Old 11-27-2014, 11:35 PM

My "thoughts" are that one day whites won't look at black people as feared exotic pets that need to be controlled by brute force and blacks won't look at whites as children of satan who are hellbent on making their lives as miserable as possible.

These are my "thoughts".

Old 11-27-2014, 11:47 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,241,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I am outraged at all those acts. What is your point? A bunch of wrongs make it okay? I think I learned that isn't true in 1st grade. None of it is okay and an embarrassment to communities. Whatever though. I just could care less. It is all due to a hyped up media frenzy that has been going on for decades.
Point is: Throughout this long winded, multi faceted, highly dynamic thread there has been inferences to how white people don't act stupidly, how white people don't "riot". I guess it's just "celebrating".

If you saw my earlier posts in the thread, you would see I agree 110% about the media's role in stirring the pot.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:10 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,976,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
You're not oppressed. The only people oppressing black people are.....get this.....other black people.

If you want to see change YOU change. It's really that simple.

Tell your fellows to stop committing crimes. Tell you peers to stop robbing stores. Stop selling drugs. Stop murdering people (nearly 400 in Chicago just this year, almost all black, almost all committed by blacks).

I'm tired of the rest of society being expected to cater to black people's "needs". Get a job, make your neglected kids sit the hell down in the classroom, and stop F-ing up all the time. Sure it's not every individual, but we all know the statistics.

I'm tired of having to apologize for living a normal, healthy and civil lifestyle. I make ~35k a year, made more in my early 20's in the Army, but on my current salary I can manage a household, take care of a family, have gotten an education, and have somehow managed to stay out of prison my whole life while also not having three b-stard children out of wedlock.

That's not privilege...that's F-ing NORMAL!

And there's no reason to apologize for it either.
Number ONE answer!

Blacks. You want change? LOOK IN THE MIRROR. Yes it is that simple
No one is gonna change for you. Obama lied, he had hopes, lots of it. He didn't do a damn thing to help blacks or anyone else

A lot of blacks just don't get it.

I am asian, been here 34 years. Came here not knowing one word of English. Not even the word MOM. Today, If you were to meet me out on the street, you ll never know it.

It's hard but personal goals and desire are obtainable.

Last edited by Chris V; 11-28-2014 at 12:20 AM..

Old 11-28-2014, 12:13 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,483,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
Well, they've already tried to ask viewers to boycott Black Friday sales, so the progression seems natural... within the context of it all at least anyways.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:14 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,310,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't think believing in due process for criminal suspects is dumb at all.
There was a due process. You and some of the others just didn't like the outcome.
And since they didnt like the outcome, they are throwing the adult version of a temper tantrum.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
Default A Nice Ferguson Thanksgiving Story

"DuBose, a single mother of two, poured her life savings into opening a small bakery on South Florissant Road in Ferguson. Sales immediately tanked three months later when crowds rioted in Ferguson over the killing of Michael Brown. A witness saw 3 teens break into a lawyers office next door and throw a chair through her store's window. She was photographed in tears in front of her store. Then something pretty nice happened."

» A Thanksgiving miracle for one Ferguson business » News -- GOPUSA

Just when you think the US is going to hell in a handbasket...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events