Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 11:13 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
As an African American, I'd tell these White people to go home to their well to do families and stop pretending that they know what it's like to be oppressed. This isn't their fight and they're not helping.
As a white person I'd tell you to go GFYS and stop pretending that you know what motivates me to protest. It isn't your job to tell me whose fight it is.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Do you REALLY believe that a kid NOT ON DRUGS and with NO CRIMINAL RECORD (not even juvie) would be crazy enough to do what Darren Wilson said??

Darren is 6'4" feet tall, 210 pounds while Mike was 6'1", 250, but yet Wilson said he felt like a "5 year old child" against this "raging" black MAN with "demonic" eyes. He began shooting him INSIDE the vehicle and continued shooting when Brown ran. When Brown turned around he said he looked "angry". Well was he supposed to look "happy" after you shot him??

Also, Wilson made sure to use the "tried and true" story of the black man with superhuman hulk-like abilities where they believe they're made of steel and can run through bullets to get to their target.

Brown's murder took less than 60 seconds to complete for a man in "fear for his life".
Excellent point. Lets not forget his alleged murderer is supposed to be trained to deal with this type of conflict while protecting the rights of the alleged suspect.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
There was a due process. You and some of the others just didn't like the outcome.
And since they didnt like the outcome, they are throwing the adult version of a temper tantrum.
Since when does due process make a cop judge, jury and executioner in this country?

You got it wrong buddy.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:18 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
It may have been something else.

During the Viet Nam War, a man was told by security services to off someone which he did. He was arrested and brought up on charges for the event. The security services would not release the information that would clear him. The Commanding General of the region stopped the trial from being held since there was no way for the man to have a fair trial.

This may have been a similar situation in that, given the media blitz, there was no way to hold a fair trial.

Maybe. I've rather kept away from all the "data" that have come out of this, so I don't know what's been said in these events.

One thing, however, riots either now or later if he went to trial and was found not guilty. I think it is pretty clear that no answer would be accepted by this mob.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:29 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,986,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Ann View Post
What do African Americans REALLY think about the "WHITE" demonstraters marching "With Them" against the grand jury's decision not to bring charges against this officer?
This question is just straight up ignorant, but I will give you the benefit and assume that it's just a poorly worded question. Let me put it like this, what would it sound like if I ask, what do white people think about President Obama? I mean of course there are so many varying degrees of opinions and where they come from, so why would I expect a whole group of people to have the same opinion about one topic? The only thing I can give you is my personal opinion, which is not attached to my skin color.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:34 AM

17,587 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
My understanding of a grand jury that it is supposed to determine if there is sufficient evidence that a crime may have occurred. It has a low threshold it has to meet to indict.

It seems to me, that the purpose of this grand jury was "manipulated" to act more as a trial jury and determine guilt and innocence based on the evidence. I don't hold the grand jury at fault, as I do the prosecutor and the judge for allowing this to happen.
You are very right.. However.. There are many more considerations to make. The DA in this case had no choice but to present to a grand jury.. I highly doubt that he wanted to see an indictment returned.. Why? Not because of any reason other than he basically knew that this was a case when put before a jury that required proof beyond a reasonable doubt.. It was a loser.

What really SHOULD have happened here is that the grand jury returns an indictment, then the DA declines to prosecute.. But.. Had he done that(Or refused to submit to a grand jury), he would have been strung up by his toenails. So, from his standpoint, this was the best possible outcome for him. Which.. I can logically see that the DA's office might not have aggressively put the case to the grand jury in order to get this outcome.

The feds are notorious for this.. That's why they have somewhere around a 90% + conviction rate.. If there's any question in their minds that they won't win a conviction, they don't go after the indictment.

And, there is something to be said about that way of thinking.. A trial in this case would have dragged on and on and cost the taxpayers a pretty penny and the end result would basically be the same as it is now.

I should note.. While I disagree that no grand jury indictment was returned.. I don't think the case itself comes anywhere close to meeting the 'reasonable doubt' threshold.. So, I'm much like the DA in this case.. Happy enough with the outcome, even though I think technically it was wrong.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:52 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
This just isn't a healthy way to think. I have several black friends, but OP may not. Maybe she lives in Phoenix or Utah?

Mindfvcking European history is non-productive anyway. I'm of Irish and Greek heritage. We had nothing to do with the slave trade and didn't even arrive in this country until that was long over.

Disliking, immediately mistrusting , and questioning every motive of a person based on the color of their skin is racism. You are racist.

I'm glad I don't feel that way. I would have missed out on meeting a bunch of really cool people.
I'm not a racist.

I just don't talk to WHITE AMERICANS about racist issues, because it's the same stupid questions over and over and over and over again ad nauseum.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:58 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Blacks are EvERYWHERE in this country.

If a white person with generational history in this country doesn't have black friends or even associates they can talk to about things that interest them, then it's because they don't want to.
Ummm, not really. I believe you may be in NYC, so to you, it may seem like there are blacks everywhere. But there are 30-40 states where Blacks make up less than 10% of the state. EVen California where I am is only about 6% black, and most of that population seems to be in Oakland, or the Southern portions of LA. So you cant say that whites everywhere don't want to associate, some literally don't have a choice.

The OP might be living out in the sticks in North Dakota for all we know

Old 11-28-2014, 12:02 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,028,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutout View Post
Hm, interesting. I guess Mike Brown must have gained 3 inches and 40 lbs while he was lying on the ground dead. He's really 6'4" 292 lbs, but I'm sure it was an honest "mistake" and has nothing to do with you trying to prove your point.

He was also the suspect of an assault and robbery that happened down the street.
Wilson didn't know that when he harassed them.

But "raging hulking super human black man with raging eyes" who is NOT ON DRUGS or with any known mental illnesses decided to slam a cop's door on him, punch him in his face, but WHILE the punching was going on, he hands the swisher cigars in his hand to his friend, so that he can continue to beat the crap out of this "poor, helpless, innocent" officer.

Wilson was sooooooooooo scared that he grabbed this raging, hulking super-crazed black "man" and shot him while in the patrol car. When Brown ran away from him, Wilson (not angry or anything), continued shooting at him.

In his own words, he said Brown turned around with an angry look on his face, so he shot him again for not smiling about getting shot the first time. Wilson said he had to keep shooting, because of Brown's super human predator like abilities that only BLACK MEN HAVE WHEN ANGRY and got a good shot off at his head.

Again, the entire exchange from the time Brown supposedly attacked him in his car to when he shot him down like an animal took SIXTY SECONDS.

Wilson killed the "Demon".

Now, if this was anybody else besides a COP saying this he would sound like a freaking lunatic.

It's not even about race. Wilson's explanation reads like something a schizophrenic would say.

Remember, in HIS MIND he killed the big raging hulk like MAN with "demonic" eyes by emptying his gun of 12 bullets with 6 hitting Brown.

Hopefully, they put him in uniform in a predominantly WHITE area this time. No "demons" there.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:03 PM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
I wish that peoplel of all colours could learn a lesson from this tragedy.
Number 1 don't steal or do anything to catch the notice of the cops.
Number 2 don't attack the cops.
Number 3 Even if the cop is wrong do what he says then later file a complaint if you want to.

I have a feeling that even if Wilson was indicted and sent to stand trial for murder the mob would have still tore the place up in celebration. The biggest problem with this case was the Feds got involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events