Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 10:29 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times

Advertisements

No one can explain WHY THEY WENT TO THE MEDIA. The waiter was fired on the spot (as he should have been). All they are doing is hurting the restaurant owner who did the right thing. What do they hope to gain from their 15 minutes of fame?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 11:05 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You seem upset, maybe you should step outside.
If you think that's upset, then you must be really appalled that those Black restaurant goers going on and on about the word that's only racist when Blacks don't use it.

But of course we know this isn't the case though I won't directly use the H-word. LOL

Old 01-04-2015, 01:29 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,996,400 times
But, but Ragheed can't be racist, he's not white. #LiberalLogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
He was probably pissed off when they didn't tip him..... lol
A valid complaint. Blacks are notoriously bad tippers, and black women worst of all.

Anyway I sure am tired of all these bogus 'racist receipt' stories. I'll bet the women are looking for a payout of some sort, either from the restaurant itself or more likely the gullible public who love to rain money on victims of perceived injustices.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:17 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,022,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
Blacks have long had a bad reputation as horrible tippers in the restaurant industry.
I've given 100%, even 200% tips on occasions where the service was above and beyond the call of duty. Usually only happens at like Olive Garden or something.

If I eat out at Christmas they're getting a larger tip.
If they're cute they're getting a larger tip.
If they flirt they're getting a larger tip.

In fact the largest tip I ever left was $100 - on a $15 meal - simply because I felt like it and I had too much cash in my pocket at the time. That was back in my 20's when I didn't have any sense of fiscal responsibility, mind, but still.

Of course, you have nothing to back up your generalized statement. Google searches, however, will yield plenty of instances where rich people of all races are stiffing restaurant workers. But yeah...

Attached Thumbnails
World's Worst Waiter Writes N-Word on Check; Does Not Apologize-200_s.gif  

Old 01-04-2015, 03:32 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,582,290 times
Default What??

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You apparently have not read the story from the actual source. This isn't what happened. The word which is only racist when White people use it, was printed on the 2nd set of 6 checks. This from a group of 6 who apparently were unable to divide the bill amongst themselves lest one pay one penny more than the rest.
I don't understand what this means the way it's written. What is a 2nd set of six checks? What happened to the first six checks the Black customers were given?

Old 01-04-2015, 03:32 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post

Of course, you have nothing to back up your generalized statement. Google searches, however, will yield plenty of instances where rich people of all races are stiffing restaurant workers. But yeah...
Likewise, personal anecdotal posts can't be verified or proven so they are even less relevant to the discussion.

Old 01-04-2015, 03:37 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
I don't understand what this means the way it's written. What is a 2nd set of six checks? What happened to the first six checks the Black customers were given?
It appears they did not tell the waiter at the beginning of the meal that they wanted separate checks so it all went on one check. After the fact, they requested 6 separate checks. Capish?

Old 01-04-2015, 06:58 PM

836 posts, read 1,032,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
No, I HIGHLY doubt it was used to denote the table.

Also, your experience is far from mine. We even had Blacks when seated say things like "Look, I know how to tip." before ever placing their order. THAT'S how bad it is in many places. NYC may well be different. In fact, most "melting pot" cities I go to are. I'm moving to one for that reason. From what I have seen, you can truly be "color blind" in a true melting pot city, and not come out bad for it. I like that.

Anyway, if you want to know more about what typically happens, go to YouTube and search "Blacks don't tip". For the results I got, hats off to the many Blacks who are upset by this situation and want to encourage it to be fixed. I am trying the same thing in healthcare with deliveries. Healthcare workers make horribly ****ty restaurant guests and tippers, also, for whatever reason. I noticed that, as well. YOU DO NOT WANT! a table full of nurses. Tips will suck, food requests will be stupid, attitudes of "superiority" will abound. Pretty disgusting. Part of why I won't eat with most co-workers. I want my food. AND JUST! my food. On that plate, lol!

Here is one of the first videos I found that explains this exactly:
(I'd rate this video clip PG13 for brief adult language---I am not accredited to rate videos)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGERiV2z7d4
People of all races can and will stiff you on a tip. Period. I guess my experience is different based on my location, so I guess I can't even picture this happening. In Texas, things are clearly different. Based on the comments of the YouTube video you sent, there were mixed feelings- some agreed that they don't tip, while others disagreed and said they tipped according to service.

I remember years ago I used to be embarrassed to go out with one of my friends because he was such a horrible tipper. I would also try to pay a little extra to make up for him because I know how hard servers work, especially for parties 6+ (which is why most restaurants have the strict police for 20% gratuity automatically included for larger parties, no splitting allowed).

Old 01-04-2015, 07:33 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Sounds like the guy is just another sick loser.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:09 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,963,772 times
The waiter is Arab/Lebanese if I presume. We have a good dose of them in Australia and their youths are obsessed with the N word. They also think that they're black, and are usually listening to hip-hop music.

I don't think waiter meant it in a malicious way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events