Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 09:17 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythyst View Post
Rules for neighborhood watch discussed in George Zimmerman trial - Los Angeles Times

Seems he did violate the rules of procedure but those Jurors didn't care one bit..
That account of Dorival's testimony ignores the cross-x by West. She acknowledged that she never tells NW members that they can't follow someone they think is suspicious to gather info to provide to the police.

She was very definite about not engaging or confronting somebody they think is suspicious.

Before you or someone else brings up why GZ could have thought TM looked suspicious, go read or listen to Dorival's testimony. West's cross-x, not Guy's direct.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:32 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
That account of Dorival's testimony ignores the cross-x by West. She acknowledged that she never tells NW members that they can't follow someone they think is suspicious to gather info to provide to the police.

She was very definite about not engaging or confronting somebody they think is suspicious.

Before you or someone else brings up why GZ could have thought TM looked suspicious, go read or listen to Dorival's testimony. West's cross-x, not Guy's direct.
I know West used self defense as a reason but putting the victim on trial when he's dead and not able to face his accuser GZ who was the one following, even as he's told not to.

GZ should have put on an affirmative defense and gotten into the witness box to explain himself. He didn't do that for the State would have made minced meat out of his testimony..nothing but a bunch of lies told during that trial and the jurors identified with the offender, not the victim..

when will attorney's start making their clients take responsibility for their actions/behaviors..

Old 01-22-2015, 09:40 AM

244 posts, read 248,026 times
LOL at the Zimmerman cheer club still kvetching over Trayvon's photos and playing the nuisance lawsuit/money grab card. You can set your clock by this stuff. Poor sad-sack Zimmerman, always a victim of forces beyond his control.

People and things out to destroy George:

Media, especially NBC ( but not FOX. George: Good. Hoodies: The Devil's outerwear)
The nefarious false narrative
The even more nefarious "black agenda"
Benjamin Crump
Al Sharpton
Jesse Jackson
Eric Holder
President Obama
The NBA
Hollywood
Liberals
Confused conservatives
James Brady torch-bearers
Judge Lester
Angela Corey
Frank Taaffe
Nancy Grace
Ex-wives
Ex-girlfriends
Ex-coworkers
Cousins he diddled
Undercover ATF agents
Drivers and their vehicles
Bike riders and their bikes
Teenagers
Kids
Soft Mexicans
Barking dogs
Sidewalks
Ipads
Cell phones
George's colon

History has shown that GMZ is a slow learner except for cool stuff like guns, cops and robbers and concealed carry and stand your ground laws. Hopefully, with lots of professional help and tough love, he will have that come-to-Jesus moment where he realizes the problem is not outside forces but George Michael Zimmerman.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellflower View Post
LOL at the Zimmerman cheer club still kvetching over Trayvon's photos and playing the nuisance lawsuit/money grab card. You can set your clock by this stuff. Poor sad-sack Zimmerman, always a victim of forces beyond his control.
[snip]
<<< Yawn>>>

Old 01-22-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
I know West used self defense as a reason but putting the victim on trial when he's dead and not able to face his accuser GZ who was the one following, even as he's told not to.

GZ should have put on an affirmative defense and gotten into the witness box to explain himself. He didn't do that for the State would have made minced meat out of his testimony..nothing but a bunch of lies told during that trial and the jurors identified with the offender, not the victim..

when will attorney's start making their clients take responsibility for their actions/behaviors..
You pulled a topic switcheroo in a hurry. I get it.

You're angry at the prosecutors, the jurors, the defense lawyers. Have you mentioned the judge yet, they're usually among the ones blamed when a defendant is found NG.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:08 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Editing out what you feel is irrelevant, changes the context of the post...
If you feel unable to handle it, I suggest using the forum ignore feature. My posts will never confuse you again.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:15 AM

21 posts, read 17,891 times
Quote:
You've switched it around from 'rules against guns' to 'not recommending guns.'

They made sensible changes to the policy, or lack of policy, in effect when GZ was in NW.at
No switching at all. I was replying directly to your statement that the neighborhood watch coordinator testified GZ had broken no rules which is NOT at all what she said. The posts are directly below one another so I am not sure how you could have mistaken what I was replying to. I'm sure you wouldn't have purposely misdirected my response so perhaps you just didn't read it carefully.

Old 01-22-2015, 11:29 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,562,054 times
Quote:

The defense attorney was just doing his job, much like the team OJ had.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:26 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,912,350 times
Quote:
Quote:
Rules for neighborhood watch discussed in George Zimmerman trial - Los Angeles Times

Seems he did violate the rules of procedure but those Jurors didn't care one bit..

For those who haven't read the part of this thread where I've posted before, many pages ago, I'll reiterate that I don't usually get very interested in these cases that become big news. Not interested in the big soap opera, and not likely to get worked up over the people involved as villains, heroes, etc. I'm a former LEO, and became interested in this case because of legal issues.

Regarding legal issues, the passages quoted above are just some examples of a debate going on for a number of recent posts, about the guidelines for neighborhood watch volunteers. No matter what your thoughts on that, try to keep in mind that guidelines are all we're talking about. They don't carry the force of law.

Some might find it interesting to discuss whether Zimmerman did something wrong, including whether he may have gone against neighborhood watch procedure, but this has nothing to do with whether he should have been convicted of any crime, or even charged with any crime for that matter. Going against guidelines, if indeed Zimmerman did so, does not mean that anyone has broken any law.

Old 01-22-2015, 01:50 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,835,458 times
Quote:
Editing out what you feel is irrelevant, changes the context of the post...
And that, is his intention. It has occurred way too often for it to be in error.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events