Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2015, 12:35 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,222,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
Says the expert................
Expert or not, they are right.

You are grossly misinformed on these topics, it's quite evident.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 12:36 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Says the expert................
You are grossly uneducated even in the slightest way of both pills & pot. And that is a fact.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:39 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,983,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
My jaw is on the floor.

Have you ever taken psychoactive prescription drugs for mental disorders, or even for serious pain?????

?

See here. I have a husband who was in the US Army, where they hand out pills like candy to our soldiers that they have broken. Many get hooked on prescription pain drugs, that are basically like legal heroin. Don't you dare tell me they are nice and balanced out when taking them, or that they have a weensy little withdrawal. And the head meds are as bad, or worse.

How about you go Youtube up a nice reel of Pharma commercials and listen to THEM tell you the side effects of these drugs?

He is out now, and the best drug he's taken for his pain, his mental issues, which has also led him to lose 40 lbs after struggling for years with his weight and has eliminated his psoriasis and his sleep apnea...it's pot. Recently the pain management docs (he has degenerative disc disease and sciatica) put him on something called Gabapentin. Within a week he was not just irritable, he was losing it. Yelling at his family and friends, going off the deep end for seemingly no reason, and even telling me he thought we'd be better off if he was dead. I was baffled. I asked him if he was out of weed, or taking a new drug, or what the heck? He told me he was on a new pill and the name. I looked it up. It's prescribed for seizures, nerve pain, anxiety and insomnia, and is also called Neurontin. One of the side effects listed? Suicidal thoughts and behaviors.

When he stopped taking it, it was 2-3 weeks before he returned to normal.

And I'm not even going to get into some kids I've seen who have been knee-jerk diagnosed with everything from ADHD to Autism and put on drugs that messed them up badly, including my own nephews, both of whom now, on the drugs, have eating disorders and severe social anxiety that is worse than any issue they started out with.

These perfectly legal pills are serious, serious business. And in case you didn't know, there is a booming black market trade in those, too.

I absolutely love these drug commercials, with a laundry list of side effects! May cause dry mouth, runny nose, nausea, vomiting. In some cases may cause seizure, stroke, liver failure, kidney failure, cancer, death....You get the idea. What side effects does marijuana cause? Euphoria, perception of time, provocation of deep thoughts, hunger, laughter, making music sound awesome, and mayyyyybeeeee a bit of paranoia (which is generally short lived, and easily combated with chill music) and dry mouth! Oooh, really bad! Screw all that Big Pharma crap! I'll settle smoking a little bud to reduce stress, and anxiety than ingest any of that other toxic crap!

Old 02-12-2015, 12:42 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Expert or not, they are right.

You are grossly misinformed on these topics, it's quite evident.

Nope, I just don't agree with some, or point out what I don't agree with.
And yes, shocker, what I do know about it.

Thus I am misinformed in your eyes, cause I do not agree.

It is rather a bullyish style

Old 02-12-2015, 12:42 PM

20,366 posts, read 14,644,040 times
Quote:
I was responding to his posting about anit depresants, NOT pain meds
You brought a different point into the discussion
I'm really glad you put it that way; for once in this thread, I completely agree with you.

I brought a new point into the discussion.

I did not however, fail to push back about the antidepressents.

And again, there are people walking around all over, jacked up on either or both, and some pills are prescribed for more than one purpose (like Gabapentin) and it is completely legal. They drive cars. They go to work. They walk among us... And some are more impaired than a stoned person.

I still say that I'm more afraid of a very distracted driver, texting or doing makeup or something, than a stoned driver. The most common symptom of stoned driving is going too slow, from what I've seen.

Your points come off as being far more influenced by propaganda than experience. Oh, and as for long term effects on the brains of users, the National Institutes of Health has been reporting on pot as a very promising therapy against Alzheimer's since 2006, with new articles in 2011 and 2014 supporting. So...if it doesn't make your brain "fat" it might prevent it from atrophying!

Old 02-12-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I absolutely love these drug commercials, with a laundry list of side effects! May cause dry mouth, runny nose, nausea, vomiting. In some cases may cause seizure, stroke, liver failure, kidney failure, cancer, death....You get the idea. What side effects does marijuana cause? Euphoria, perception of time, provocation of deep thoughts, hunger, laughter, making music sound awesome, and mayyyyybeeeee a bit of paranoia (which is generally short lived, and easily combated with chill music) and dry mouth! Oooh, really bad! Screw all that Big Pharma crap! I'll settle smoking a little bud to reduce stress, and anxiety than ingest any of that other toxic crap!
Then you have big pharma trying to synthesize the active compounds in cannabis, to make a pill that will more than likely cost a lot of money and not provide the benefits of whole plant cannabis, while trying to "educate" the public that mj is bad, BUT TAKE OUR PILL INSTEAD!

Big pharma gets really, REALLY scared when you can grow what benefits you most in your own back yard. It's almost comical how ridiculous it is.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
LOL, whatever

By calling me "slick" yep.
It's a way to demean me, my intellegence.

And now, someone must be having a bad day, because they do not agree with someone

No offense Atalanta, but your continued posting of misinformation about cannabis and pandering to the "Reefer Madness" hysteria... well... you're doing a good job of that on your own. I mean, seriously do you work for one of the special interests such as Big Pharma, or LE where legalization is a threat to your wallet?

Old 02-12-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Nope, I just don't agree with some, or point out what I don't agree with.
And yes, shocker, what I do know about it.

Thus I am misinformed in your eyes, cause I do not agree.

It is rather a bullyish style
Sorry, but disagreeing with an opinion is not the same as disagreeing with what is actual fact.

You hold some opinions that you THINK are fact, when they are indeed, not. That's where I disagree.

You can agree or not, I don't care, but when you are presented with actual facts, and still hold onto your ill informed opinions, it just makes you look more ignorant.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:50 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,520,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
No offense Atalanta, but your continued posting of misinformation about cannabis and pandering to the "Reefer Madness" hysteria... well... you're doing a good job of that on your own. I mean, seriously do you work for one of the special interests such as Big Pharma, or LE where legalization is a threat to your wallet?
I mean, seriously, that sounds a little paranoid.

Old 02-12-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Then you have big pharma trying to synthesize the active compounds in cannabis, to make a pill that will more than likely cost a lot of money and not provide the benefits of whole plant cannabis, while trying to "educate" the public that mj is bad, BUT TAKE OUR PILL INSTEAD!

Big pharma gets really, REALLY scared when you can grow what benefits you most in your own back yard. It's almost comical how ridiculous it is.

I say too effin' bad! Let's have a free market for once, instead of allowing our government to pick and choose, and unethically and immorally get their palms greased by these freakin' lobbyists! In short, find a way to compete, or find a new hobby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events