Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 01:05 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times

Advertisements

Okay, bad things happen. A lot of it posted right here on these boards. However, a couple, who was up to something nefarious, wouldn't go on Wednesday's Child. I'm sure it's just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 03:02 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
So, the kid is cursed by his good looks, according to the logic of the suspicious OP. He can't be adopted by a gay couple for "obvious reasons", and given his great looks, he can also make a straight couple go crazy...like the mother can't keep her hands off him, or the straight father being "turned" on a beautiful night by the exquisite beauty of the boy and goes into a homosexual rampage?

What a dirty mind this OP has!

Instead of posting such a ridiculous comment, maybe the OP should check him/herself into a shrink clinic.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:28 AM

66 posts, read 73,366 times
I don't think that they will live happy... Three men in one house and two of them are homosexuals. i don't think that they adopt this kid to teach him how to live, ithink their marriage will lead only to divorce soon!

Old 03-05-2015, 04:56 AM

8,866 posts, read 8,448,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
I don't think that they will live happy... Three men in one house and two of them are homosexuals. i don't think that they adopt this kid to teach him how to live, ithink their marriage will lead only to divorce soon!

Old 03-05-2015, 04:57 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
It sounds like you think people will be wondering if the gay male couple adopted a handsome teen boy because they are attracted to him instead of wanting to be fathers to him?
I think the term that is used is "Fresh meat" !

Don

Old 03-05-2015, 05:33 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Lol at using attraction as a buzz word for asking "can gay people be trusted around young boys" lol, what a crock of ****.
Agreed. Is this thread even real?

Old 03-05-2015, 06:48 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,550,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Wouldn't be the first time.

It sounds like you think homosexuals are incapable of this, or the attraction to young boys does not exist with them. You need look further than advocacy groups like NAMLBA who push for acceptance and relaxed age of consent laws.
They are considered perverts, similar to the way homosexuals were not all that long ago. One wonders if they too will start to be more accepted in X amount of years from now.
I didnt say I thought they were incapable I just wanted to discuss the reason for the post. People on here need to get real with this op. She or he is not saying anyting or thinking anything that a lot of other people would not be saying or thinking ( and not so nicely) they just would not post it so do not be rude to this person who shares that they feel uncomfortable and wants to talk about it. Insulting someone will not make the feeling go away but maybe an honest discussion will. I will give this gay couple the benefit of the doubt but since many in my family growing up were adopted ( including my own mother as a baby) I have normally thought of adoption as something for babies or very young children not teens and of course it is only in the last decade or so that gay rights gained prominence to the general public so it is all new and strange .

I guess what is also strange to me is to adopt a teen who is almost a grown man? How much time will they have with him before he leaves the house and goes out on his own? Yes it is strange to me ... I do not think the gay couple is incapable of doing something wrong and neither is a straight couple, I just hope for the best and the boy is old enough to protect himself and stand up for himself if there is something wrong going on. I do in general like the idea of gay couples adopting unwanted children.

Last edited by vanguardisle; 03-05-2015 at 06:56 AM..

Old 03-05-2015, 07:28 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
I think people should be commended for adopting a child that age, gay or straight.

For the ones that say it is only for a few years. Wrong! They will be his parents for life!

Old 03-05-2015, 07:51 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Virginia ABC 5 o'clock news has a segment called "Wednesday's Child" in which they spotlight foster children and success stories of adoption.

Today's segment was presented as any other segment, but this was a remarkably untraditional arrangement, I observed two gay men happily married, very nice home, blushingly introduce their new 16-year-old son, much taller than them, and very attractive.

I'm fairly confident that this will be a healthy parent/child arrangement but it seems a line between selecting a child in need of a home and selecting an attractive young man was blurred a bit.

The boy was relieved and down to earth and emotionally mature as he described his feelings of finally being adopted into a stable, permanent home.
Should we not allow the adoption of any "attractive" child over the age of 13?

If I were "worried" about this situation, I'd have to worry about an attractive 14-year-old female being adopted by a straight couple for the exact same reasons.

It makes me happy that this kid is finally going to get a permanent home.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:08 AM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Lol at using attraction as a buzz word for asking "can gay people be trusted around young boys" lol, what a crock of ****.
Ask all of those teen altar boys who were molested by gay Roman Catholic priests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events