Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2015, 10:43 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
My approach would be working on creating more trust, not creating more fear with mandating. If fear is the issue then we should approach it with a program to eliminate fear, not create more. Every time we make fun of or light of someones real fear of vaccination we just instill more fear and increase their lack of trust. I don't see how this is a good thing, I really don't.

Sorry this is long winded
Um, yes! See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
The MAJORITY did not die, and most especially from chicken pox. I guess those were saved by being hospitalized in Iron Lungs for chicken pox back in those by gone days.

My own daughter (11) thought it was very funny to try to eat the oatmeal in her Aveeno bath. Stop it!!!! Don't you know how serious this is? You could be DEAD!
I don't think making fun of people who know these diseases can be dangerous is any way to make one's point! There have also been numerous posts making fun of people with shingles.

OTOH, I don't think there's been one post making a mockery of any anti-vaxers' fears.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:59 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
The authority of the Pope is absolute, and he says it's OK to use these vaccines.
FAQ - Vaccine Use - The National Catholic Bioethics Center
"A statement from the Pontifical Academy for Life issued in 2005 holds that one may use these products, despite their distant association with abortion, at least until such time as new vaccines become available." (Emphasis mine)
The pope is a man. He is not God and he does not represent everyone's religious beliefs.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Um, yes! See below:

I don't think making fun of people who know these diseases can be dangerous is any way to make one's point! There have also been numerous posts making fun of people with shingles.

OTOH, I don't think there's been one post making a mockery of any anti-vaxers' fears.
You have got to be kidding.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The pope is a man. He is not God and he does not represent everyone's religious beliefs.
You don't understand Catholicism. The Pope is the ultimate authority. These two links go together.
The Source of Catholic Church Authority
"You always retain the freedom to decide whether or not to remain in the Faith by following those teachings. "
History of the Papacy - Catholicism History Papacy
"Most of the claims for the authority of the pope have rested on one basic argument:

1. The bishop of Rome is the successor of St. Peter; and
2. Jesus Christ gave St. Peter authority over the entire church."

Old 06-07-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You have got to be kidding.
No, I am not. I do not recall any posts here making a mockery of someone's vaccine concerns. Most people have patiently explained that no, there is no thimerosal in any childhood immunization (and why that is so), that the adjuvants are safe, the pain is minimal, etc.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:17 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,181 times
Quote:
You don't understand Catholicism. The Pope is the ultimate authority. These two links go together.
"You always retain the freedom to decide whether or not to remain in the Faith by following those teachings. "
"Most of the claims for the authority of the pope have rested on one basic argument:

Show us the Bull of 2015, proclaiming all parishoners, as a part of their faith, must participate in any and all vaccination campaigns.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Considering the fact that I was raised Catholic, I would say that I do understand but what the Pope says in regard to vaccination does not fall into the same realm as your links. The Pope aside there are many organized religions, Christian and otherwise and there are also many people who are religious without being a part of an organized religions. How can anyone say that their interpretation of the Bible or other religious doctrine is not valid or acceptable? It's a sticky situation. I think that there will be a lot of backlash in CA over the elimination of religious exemptions. People will fight this.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Show us the Bull of 2015, proclaiming all parishoners, as a part of their faith, must participate in any and all vaccination campaigns.
You know, I'm not a Catholic. The point is not that the Pope is requiring everyone to be immunized; the point is he says it's OK to use these vaccines that some say violates their Catholic religious beliefs.

In my link about vaccine use from the Catholic church there is this:
"Am I free to refuse to vaccinate myself or my children on the grounds of conscience?

One must follow a certain conscience even if it errs, but there is a responsibility to inform one's conscience properly. There would seem to be no proper grounds for refusing immunization against dangerous contagious disease, for example, rubella, especially in light of the concern that we should all have for the health of our children, public health, and the common good."

(Emphases mine)

Old 06-07-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
No, I am not. I do not recall any posts here making a mockery of someone's vaccine concerns. Most people have patiently explained that no, there is no thimerosal in any childhood immunization (and why that is so), that the adjuvants are safe, the pain is minimal, etc.
You probably don't remember them because you probably agree with them. I've been mocked in this thread. Jenny McCarthy. Illuminati. Do either of those things ring a bell? Just two examples. If you don't remember these mocking posts that is fine but they happened and happen in pretty much every vaccine related thread.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:29 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Um, yes! See below:

I'm not on a side hun, my statement was made for all. I have respect for both sides. I'm against the war. I do think extremes on both sides are fueled by coercive mandates though, I am encouraging the CDC, and the government to stay out of the war, after all they've contributed to it in my opinion by playing with and preying on their fear. I think it will backfire as I've stated.
I don't feel like getting into a tit for tat, or tip for tap, or a blow for blow post war right now. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events