Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 06:07 PM

1,316 posts, read 747,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
The doctors in California that I've talked to would not write a medical exemption for a febrile seizure. Maybe you can find one that would. But as far as I know they will not.

In a country where you can buy alcohol, cigarettes, pot and our healthcare system is one of our leading killers I don't find the best interest argument outstanding. If we are going to start mandating based on what a small minority do in this country then I believe we will be climbing a slippery slope.

I just don't agree with mandates. I am for educating the public on vaccines and their benefit to our society.
The febrile seizures were just part of his reaction. Honestly, they were not a big deal, as he had them prior as well. No big deal. But whatever was going on was in line with symptoms to watch for. His doc was concerned enough that HE put on the brakes. This was not something I wanted, but the doctor said it was a good idea. And this wasn't a fictional what if. It was an actual child with what could have been a reaction to a vaccine. Don't compare apples to theoretical apples that could grow on a tree that might be planted. Someday.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:11 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,711,654 times
Quote:
I don't consider this a game, I take this conversation seriously I own a home in California.

I linked a video, if she doesn't want to watch it then she doesn't have to.

No gaining up on me is necessary, I'm not that big of a threat. I can't respond because I get infractions, so it's really not appropriate for you guys to do this. Why don't you have a pm about how stupid you find me and call it a day.
Quote:
The doctors in California that I've talked to would not write a medical exemption for a febrile seizure. Maybe you can find one that would. But as far as I know they will not.

In a country where you can buy alcohol, cigarettes, pot and our healthcare system is one of our leading killers I don't find the best interest argument outstanding. If we are going to start mandating based on what a small minority do in this country then I believe we will be climbing a slippery slope.

I just don't agree with mandates. I am for educating the public on vaccines and their benefit to our society.
You linked a bunch of videos from anti-vaxers. Robert F. Kennedy is a fraud of the highest order. He's still beating the thimerosal horse. He's also on some b**** about the new meningitis vaccine, which is not on the CA list. It's not on any state's list yet. This "Nursing Ethics" group sounds like a fringe organization. They are not part of the American Nurses Association, which is a respectable group. I'm hardly about to waste many minutes of my life watching woo.

No one is "ganging up on you". The pro-vaxers don't do this.

I'm not terribly surprised you couldn't find a doctor who would give your kid(s) a medical exemption after a febrile seizure. It's not considered a contraindication to further vaccines. In some cases, it may be a precaution. However, if you found one, no one at a school would question it. They'd do as I said, put your child in the exemption column and move on. They would not threaten your doctor with loss of license. They have too much to do to track down each and every doctor who writes an exemption and check it against some "list".

I posted some links that show that education doesn't work very well. Unfortunately, some people do need the stick as well as the carrot.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:13 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
The febrile seizures were just part of his reaction. Honestly, they were not a big deal, as he had them prior as well. No big deal. But whatever was going on was in line with symptoms to watch for. His doc was concerned enough that HE put on the brakes. This was not something I wanted, but the doctor said it was a good idea. And this wasn't a fictional what if. It was an actual child with what could have been a reaction to a vaccine. Don't compare apples to theoretical apples that could grow on a tree that might be planted. Someday.
My doctor had suggested the same thing for my son. Not many of them are fictional what ifs. All parents feel the same as you when it happens to them. I'm not calculating any thing based on theory trust me. Your apples are not different from any other parents apples when their child has a vaccine injury or death.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:18 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
You linked a bunch of videos from anti-vaxers. Robert F. Kennedy is a fraud of the highest order. He's still beating the thimerosal horse. He's also on some b**** about the new meningitis vaccine, which is not on the CA list. It's not on any state's list yet. This "Nursing Ethics" group sounds like a fringe organization. They are not part of the American Nurses Association, which is a respectable group. I'm hardly about to waste many minutes of my life watching woo.
The thing is, anyone who speaks out against vaccines or mandates is quickly and immediately labelled a quack or a fraud or disreputable. It doesn't matter what they accomplished prior. That's all it takes for their reputation to be ruined. That is how the industry can be sure to keep people from even listening to what they have to say. It's corrupt and pathetic.

Quote:
No one is "ganging up on you". The pro-vaxers don't do this.
You can't possibly be serious.

Quote:
I'm not terribly surprised you couldn't find a doctor who would give your kid(s) a medical exemption after a febrile seizure. It's not considered a contraindication to further vaccines. In some cases, it may be a precaution. However, if you found one, no one at a school would question it. They'd do as I said, put your child in the exemption column and move on. They would not threaten your doctor with loss of license. They have too much to do to track down each and every doctor who writes an exemption and check it against some "list".
That just proves poppy's point that it is not easy to get a medical exemption even with severe reactions.

Quote:
I posted some links that show that education doesn't work very well. Unfortunately, some people do need the stick as well as the carrot.
Education works well and we know this because most people vaccinate. You can't get everyone on board. Taking over control of their bodies and forcing vaccines on them is just plain wrong.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead;40412697[B
]What do you know about the CDC guidelines for medical exemption?[/b] Could you list what is acceptable as a medical exemption or do you still state any doctors medical exemption will be accepted for school entry? Can you show me where any doctors exemption for vaccines will be accepted? All I get is there is qualifying medical exemptions. What are they and what if your doctor writes you an exemption that who ever the powers that be don't find acceptable?
Can you give a brief summary of how they will handle all the medical exemptions and all that will qualify?

Medical Exemptions Difficult to Get - A medical exemption to vaccination is very difficult to obtain because almost all medical reasons for delaying or withholding vaccines have been eliminated by government and medical trade officials. Most doctors and health care workers follow federal guidelines published by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) outlining what is and is not considered a medical contraindication to vaccination. Some states will accept a doctor’s written medical vaccine exemption without question. Other states allow state public health officials to review the medical exemption written by a medical doctor or other state designated health care worker and revoke it if health department officials don't think the exemption is justified because it does not conform to federal (CDC) vaccine contraindication guidelines.

Pinkbook | Vaccine Safety | Epidemiology of VPDs | CDC
Well, nothing of course! I've only been giving IZs for 40+ years now. Here's a list:
Vaccines: Recs/Vac-Admin/Contraindications to Vaccines Chart
Sadly, that's what you AVs think, that people who administer vaccines don't know jack about this stuff!

I showed you the signing statement of Gov. Brown and suzy backed me up. You haven't shown anything to disprove us.

It's in Gov. Brown's signing statement. The physicians judgement and discretion prevail.

The "powers" are not to question the physician.

I've given you everything I can. I don't live in California.

Your link from the CDC does not support what you say about medical exemptions in the first sentence of your second paragraph. Perhaps you could tell us where you got this? Here's what your link says:

"Invalid Contraindications to Vaccination

Minor acute illness
Mild/moderate local reaction or fever following a prior dose
Antimicrobial therapy
Disease exposure or convalescence
Pregnancy or immunosuppression in the household
Preterm birth
Breastfeeding
Allergies to products not in vaccine

More information about contraindications can be found in the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) statements for individual vaccines. Recommendations for immunizing persons who are immunocompromised can be found in Appendix A. Information on allergic reactions to vaccines can be found in the American Academy of Pediatrics Red Book. "

I also linked you to the CDC table, "Contraindications and Precautions to Commonly Used Vaccines".

Old 07-14-2015, 06:31 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,599,276 times
Quote:
Well, nothing of course! I've only been giving IZs for 40+ years now. Here's a list:
Sadly, that's what you AVs think, that people who administer vaccines don't know jack about this stuff!

I showed you the signing statement of Gov. Brown and suzy backed me up. You haven't shown anything to disprove us.

It's in Gov. Brown's signing statement. The physicians judgement and discretion prevail.

The "powers" are not to question the physician.

I've given you everything I can. I don't live in California.

Your link from the CDC does not support what you say about medical exemptions in the first sentence of your second paragraph. Perhaps you could tell us where you got this? Here's what your link says:

"Invalid Contraindications to Vaccination

Minor acute illness
Mild/moderate local reaction or fever following a prior dose
Antimicrobial therapy
Disease exposure or convalescence
Pregnancy or immunosuppression in the household
Preterm birth
Breastfeeding
Allergies to products not in vaccine

More information about contraindications can be found in the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) statements for individual vaccines. Recommendations for immunizing persons who are immunocompromised can be found in Appendix A. Information on allergic reactions to vaccines can be found in the American Academy of Pediatrics Red Book. "

I also linked you to the CDC table, "Contraindications and Precautions to Commonly Used Vaccines".
What's an AV? I mean since you're call me one I thought it would be nice to know.

So, the doctor is solely trusted by the government schools of California to write what ever they deem a medical exemption. Say, they believe since their brother has Autism they shouldn't get the shot? Because some doctors here promote that information. And yes, before you ask, they are real licensed with the state of California Pediatricians.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:35 PM

1,316 posts, read 747,466 times
Quote:
My doctor had suggested the same thing for my son. Not many of them are fictional what ifs. All parents feel the same as you when it happens to them. I'm not calculating any thing based on theory trust me. Your apples are not different from any other parents apples when their child has a vaccine injury or death.
Sigh. What I mean is, I was actually given the equivalent of an exemption, due to established protocols. I'm not asking years after the fact for a what-if. You can say all you want that it would never happen. Since you are not my doctor 10 years ago, I'm not terribly concerned.

Old 07-14-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The thing is, anyone who speaks out against vaccines or mandates is quickly and immediately labelled a quack or a fraud or disreputable. It doesn't matter what they accomplished prior. That's all it takes for their reputation to be ruined. That is how the industry can be sure to keep people from even listening to what they have to say. It's corrupt and pathetic.

You can't possibly be serious.

That just proves poppy's point that it is not easy to get a medical exemption even with severe reactions.

Education works well and we know this because most people vaccinate. You can't get everyone on board. Taking over control of their bodies and forcing vaccines on them is just plain wrong.
I don't know what Robert F. Kennedy accomplished prior to becoming a woo. Nothing particularly notable.
"In July 1983 after his second attempt Kennedy passed the bar examination in the State of New York.[8] Less than a year later he was disbarred and fired[9] from the District Attorney's office for drug abuse before later being readmitted to the bar in 1985.[10][11]

In September 1983 Kennedy was charged with heroin possession in South Dakota when he became ill in the lavatory of an airplane that stopped in Rapid City, South Dakota.[12] In February 1984 Kennedy pleaded guilty to a felony charge of possessing heroin.[8] Kennedy was sentenced to community service after rehab.[13][14]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_F._Kennedy,_Jr.

He's an environmental lawyer. He has no science background.

I most certainly am serious! I don't know of any pro-vaxer cabal that plots against the anti-vaxers. I'm fairly certain there's one that goes the other way, though.

If education worked we wouldn't be having this conversation. You'd vaccinate your kids and quit using woo. People wouldn't believe the ridiculous things they do about autism, toxins, and everything else. They wouldn't think smallpox is just a minor rash disease, or that measles doesn't cause complications in well nourished people. They wouldn't make fun of people who get such severe itching from shingles they contemplate suicide.

Take a look at this little rash:
https://www.facebook.com/RtAVM/photo...type=1&theater

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 07-14-2015 at 07:04 PM..

Old 07-14-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
What's an AV? I mean since you're call me one I thought it would be nice to know.

So, the doctor is solely trusted by the government schools of California to write what ever they deem a medical exemption. Say, they believe since their brother has Autism they shouldn't get the shot? Because some doctors here promote that information. And yes, before you ask, they are real licensed with the state of California Pediatricians.
AV is anti-vaxer.

Apparently, your example would be accepted. If this doctor is licensed with the state, why would s/he lose his/her license for giving such an exemption?

Old 07-14-2015, 06:52 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,735,487 times
Quote:
She was asking you a question. Not insulting you. It's wrong to continually call poppy an AV aka antivaxxer. She vaccinated her kid(s). She's stated that repeatedly.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events