Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2015, 10:34 AM

1,077 posts, read 871,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

Ferguson also asked for McCullouch to appoint a special prosecutor, he too refused and wanted to handle it on his own.

However, Baltimore gets a different outcome for this SA didn't cover for the police and it's alleged she comes from a family of police officers. Her integrity will take front stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 10:34 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Then leave at at that and keep your lame "Koch Brothers" straw man out of it.
sure, as soon as CD posters quit talking out of both sides of their mouth, refusing to acknowledge the influence of money on Political campaigns but claiming a campaign contribution to a state attorney is the reason she criminally charged these cops.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:36 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Two days ago you were bellyaching that nobody would be charged and that the investigation would go nowhere.

So far, justice has prevailed and these officers will be charged. This is a good thing!

And yet now you're bellyaching that none of them will see jail.

That enormous chip on your shoulder seems to make it impossible for you to demonstrate any patience or faith.
I had "patience" and "faith" during the last several cases, especially Eric Garner. You couldn't have told me the cop(s) wouldn't have been indicted as the officer responsible for his death performed the same illegal hold before and was sued for it.

We all saw the video and he STILL got off.

So yeah, I don't believe these cops will be serving prison time.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:40 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,026,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The jury will decide based on facts, not speculation, and hopefully not emotion and/or fear of nationwide rioting if they rule in the cop's favor.

In the Zimmerman case, the prosecution had absolutely no case. I watched the entire trial play out on the screen. NO case against him at all. It was laughable that this man was brought to trail to begin with. The jury ruled properly. But freakin nobody cares about the facts and evidence.
What was sad about the Trayvon case was that he was murdered for basically walking home alone minding his business. He wasn't even killed by a real police officer, but a pervy looking maniac, but YET, Trayvon was the one being vilified in the press when his only crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:42 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,575,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
But will they all stick? Doubtfull.
Its an over charge that will backfire on the prosecuters. Criminally neg homicide or manslaughter at the most is what they should shoot for. They will have a hard time proving Murder 2.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:46 AM

613 posts, read 463,340 times
The Martin case was so sad. I couldn't believe how harshly people were judging a teenager. Everyone was on Zimmerman's side pretty much, until post-trial he revealed himself to be the lunatic some people always thought he was. x.x

Old 05-01-2015, 10:47 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,323,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Peaceful protest would get the point across SO MUCH BETTER.
Oh if only that were the case, unfortunately throughout American history, non-violence gets you absolutely nowhere. Even the "non-violence" of Martin Luther King was absolutely dependent upon violence. For black America the "Great Society" help great promise but it wasn't until American streets were set a blaze that Great Society programs, mainly in the form of jobs, began to flow into the black communities. It was only violence that forced this country to undertake the only serious look at conditions with in the so-called black community. The National Advisory Commission on Civil Disorders, issued by what became known as the Kerner Commission is as relevant today as it was over 40 years ago. If you want to know why black folks still riot, then read the report:

http://www.eisenhowerfoundation.org/docs/kerner.pdf

If that is too difficult, watch The Wire.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:49 AM

7,578 posts, read 5,323,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Its an over charge that will backfire on the prosecuters. Criminally neg homicide or manslaughter at the most is what they should shoot for. They will have a hard time proving Murder 2.
And how long have you been prosecuting cases in Baltimore County? And if not, how did you get to see the evidence files that the SA is basing the charges on?

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
The Martin case was so sad. I couldn't believe how harshly people were judging a teenager. Everyone was on Zimmerman's side pretty much, until post-trial he revealed himself to be the lunatic some people always thought he was. x.x
I can't believe Zimmerman is still out in society. I trust that the verdict was fair even though my heart told me something else happened that night. The prosecution was just lousy. His behavior since the trial has been nothing short of thuggish and arrogant. He seems to think he has nine legal lives. He'll run out before too much longer, though.

3,190 posts, read 3,184,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
In the Zimmerman case, the prosecution had absolutely no case. I watched the entire trial play out on the screen. NO case against him at all. It was laughable that this man was brought to trail to begin with. The jury ruled properly. But freakin nobody cares about the facts and evidence.
You're a maniac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events