Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2015, 09:17 PM

7,276 posts, read 5,300,284 times

Advertisements

I saw the video, and have absolutely not read through this thread and the responses of others. My thoughts that follow are based solely on my one view of the video, and no further research.

Even though the video is longer than a normal clip, what disturbs me about a lot of people's initial reactions (including my own initial reaction which is here and now) is that they (I) base that reaction without full knowledge of the situation. It appears that the police were being aggressive on certain individuals. There were definitely quite a few people spread about, thus it's a major issue for the police to deal with.

What I don't know yet is what led up to the incident in the video? I don't know yet if the police were provoked? I don't know if by professional judgement the police deemed the situation a high risk that they felt they needed to react in the manner in which they did.

OK, so where's the rub? Race. Period. Black and White. Although I thought the last guy was white, the one brought back by the police to where the other cop was sitting on the black girl, I believe it was mostly white police on blacks in the group. Here's where my lack of knowledge on this incident (for which after I type this I will try to get the full story) stops me from thinking up a preconceived notion. At this point I really don't know which wrongs were worst.

On a side note: another thing I find difficult in being 55 years old, I struggle using the words black and white for fear of offending people. When I was a kid, the world was changing in a major way. Martin Luther King for example. Only a half century from the real slave days (I may be off in time here). I passed through the change from calling someone black to African-American. And so on. Race is such an ugly discussion point, yet the history is undeniable, and I understand why it is such a heated part of society. Being Jewish I also have some hurtful history to think about.

So there, that one video brought this out in me. As stated before, I will research the topic at hand and become more informed. And sorry for the legal crap at thee beginning. The CPA in me made me do it.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,614,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Unbelievable! Now THAT is a travesty of justice. I hope that the message is coming through loud and clear that any cop at any time will have his life ruined by politicians intent on satisfying the black community. Fn disgusting.
Deal with it. Even his boss thought his actions was unnecessary and unbecoming of the department. But no worries, some other hick town in Texas will hire him.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:26 PM

297 posts, read 294,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I saw the video, and have absolutely not read through this thread and the responses of others. My thoughts that follow are based solely on my one view of the video, and no further research.

Even though the video is longer than a normal clip, what disturbs me about a lot of people's initial reactions (including my own initial reaction which is here and now) is that they (I) base that reaction without full knowledge of the situation. It appears that the police were being aggressive on certain individuals. There were definitely quite a few people spread about, thus it's a major issue for the police to deal with.

What I don't know yet is what led up to the incident in the video? I don't know yet if the police were provoked? I don't know if by professional judgement the police deemed the situation a high risk that they felt they needed to react in the manner in which they did.

OK, so where's the rub? Race. Period. Black and White. Although I thought the last guy was white, the one brought back by the police to where the other cop was sitting on the black girl, I believe it was mostly white police on blacks in the group. Here's where my lack of knowledge on this incident (for which after I type this I will try to get the full story) stops me from thinking up a preconceived notion. At this point I really don't know which wrongs were worst.

On a side note: another thing I find difficult in being 55 years old, I struggle using the words black and white for fear of offending people. When I was a kid, the world was changing in a major way. Martin Luther King for example. Only a half century from the real slave days (I may be off in time here). I passed through the change from calling someone black to African-American. And so on. Race is such an ugly discussion point, yet the history is undeniable, and I understand why it is such a heated part of society. Being Jewish I also have some hurtful history to think about.

So there, that one video brought this out in me. As stated before, I will research the topic at hand and become more informed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRHQXKIZm9U

The young boy who recorded the video deserves a lot of credit. The white cops allowed him to roam around freely and record the event. They believed (due to his color) that he was part of the community, but in truth, he had taken a bus to the pool party.

It's quite ironic that the cops chose to detain all of the black children, but never once thought to question Brandon. Interestingly, a number of the black children were actually residents of the community, yet they were all treated like outsiders.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:28 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,354,029 times
Quote:
all you want. The Furgusen effect is taking hold and cops are starting to see that being proactive in the ghetto is not worth the trouble. Blacks are much more likely to be killed by other blacks. That tide was turned back by proactive policing many years ago. That tide is coming back on the black community and the target is on your back.
Nice deflection. I'm sure the mentally unstable cops might be a little on edge, but the good guys will continue to do their jobs.

LoL again at "Black community". Also, I checked my back. There's a birthmark, but I don't see any targets. Fear mongering doesn't work with me.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,770,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Deal with it. Even his boss thought his actions was unnecessary and unbecoming of the department. But no worries, some other hick town in Texas will hire him.
I dealt with it a long time ago, and am happy to say that I don't have to deal with it anymore. His boss was most likely leaned on by the politicians who didn't want the local CVS burned down.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,728,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRHQXKIZm9U

The young boy who recorded the video deserves a lot of credit. The white cops allowed him to roam around freely and record the event. They believed (due to his color) that he was part of the community, but in truth, he had taken a bus to the pool party.

It's quite ironic that the cops chose to detain all of the black children, but never once thought to question Brandon. Interestingly, a number of the black children were actually residents of the community, yet they were all treated like outsiders.
Citation?!

Old 06-09-2015, 09:34 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,770,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
Nice deflection. I'm sure the mentally unstable cops might be a little on edge, but the good guys will continue to do their jobs.

LoL again at "Black community". Also, I checked my back. There's a birthmark, but I don't see any targets. Fear mongering doesn't work with me.
No deflection my friend. The black community has seen homicide numbers drop dramatically over the years due to proactive policing. That is about to change due to The Furgusen effect. It has already taken hold in Baltimore, Chicago, and NYC. It's spreading like a CVS arson fire.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:37 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,354,029 times
Quote:
No deflection my friend. The black community has seen homicide numbers drop dramatically over the years. The Furgusen effect has already taken hold in Baltimore, Chicago, and NYC. It's spreading like a CVS arson fire.
Deflect | Definition of deflect by Merriam-Webster

You are deflecting, your statement has nothing to do with this thread.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:39 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,553,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Oh, stop it. The daughter who is an adult was the one who set up party. She had no business doing so. It was clearly against the rules
I agree that the party host used poor judgement in planning the event.
However, it's questionable that she violated any rules because those apply to a "pool party". Although she used a picture of a swimming pool on the Twitter invite, the party was held on the common grounds outside the pool area and therefore the pool party rules don't seem to apply.
Further, even if it was a pool party, quite a few of the teens present are CR residents and each can allow 2 guests into the pool area so it's not at all clear there was any rule violation.

But going with your contention that she did violate the HOA rules, that's a private matter and not one in which law enforcement would be involved. As others have pointed out, the event that triggered police involvement was most likely the fight among the 3-4 women.

Old 06-09-2015, 09:43 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,614,442 times
That white witch that yelled racial slurs and attacked that young girl is next, I hope. I noticed on the video, after the two boys pulled the young girl from her claws, her friend pulled her off aside and made her leave. Too late, she was already on video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events