Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 08:35 PM

765 posts, read 987,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
The people who signed up for this site must feel so bad, having their trust betrayed like that.
This is what I think now with that Ashley Madison thing and whats it goin to cause
- its going to hurt millions of family and especially children when their parents get a divorced
- harder for women to trust men and men to trust women some may never date again or go lesbian or gay
- people will not trust dating web sites that easily anymore
- divorce lawyers and marriage therapist will increase demand
- lots of chaos and uproar are goin to speead around the world
- people may get killed or lose house separated expensive process
- lots of people are goin to be discourage from marriage
- some guys may never date again or find it hard to find another woman with no privacy of information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 08:38 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
So what. Don't cheat on your significant other and this stuff won't happen to you. Pretty easy to avoid.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:39 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbalmedpoet View Post
I have a view that is in the minority here. Let me explain before the bashing begins. Is cheating wrong? Yes. But the problem should be left up to that couple. This brings us back again to how far our society will go to stop what offends a certain person. A flag, a television show, a website?

Whether or not you agree morally with any of them, what they represent is beside the point. The more we allow ourselves to be censored, the more freedom we cede to "Big Brother." If someone wants to join that site, fine. It doesn't affect me. If it eventually does, I have bigger problems in my marriage than a stupid website.
i don't see where anyone has said that the site should be banned.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:40 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,470,727 times
I think it's horrible that there's a website out there that encourages and enables adultery. Just sad. Imagine the morality from the people in charge of it.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:53 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,096,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The surprising thing is they have 37,000,000 members per the Today show, which is 1/10th of the U.S. population...lots of cheaters out there!
I'd say 70 to 80% of those accounts are bots or prostitutes.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:59 PM

601 posts, read 460,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
If you slept with married women, you're an adulterer. I can't for the life of me figure out why people can't admit this.
So I guess I am then at least in one persons eyes....no biggie. Still have never cheated on my wife though and wouldn't. I still don't really know why what goes on between three strangers has so many people worked up for.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:03 PM

1,069 posts, read 713,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
I bet you that they are making a killing today off of sign ups. People just don't care. They want that long D or the sweet sugar walls.
LOL, "sweet sugar walls, i like that

Old 07-20-2015, 09:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
So I guess I am then at least in one persons eyes....no biggie. Still have never cheated on my wife though and wouldn't. I still don't really know why what goes on between three strangers has so many people worked up for.
Hey, you got one thing right - it's not me you have to answer to. I don't care what you do.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:27 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times
Before you applaud the hackers remember one thing, you aren't doing anything different that applauding the criminal who steals from someone you don't like.

What the hackers did was criminal. From all the comments on this thread, it seems thinking about what is really going on flys overhead without a thought. Just because you think the site is disgusting or contrary to whatever philosophy you have, ever stop to think that these are the same people hacking other sites too? Do you really think they just hacked one site?

As you sit behind your keyboard in judgement of that site and the people who go there, just think about any site, including banking or otherwise where you have some personal information stored and then want to scream bloody murder when someone hacks it and gets their hands on your information.

The enemy of your enemy is not your friend, they are just everyone's enemy.

Think about it.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:31 PM

50,825 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
So, where's the list?

Laughing at the superior intellect...

Mircea
They are threatening to release it IF the owners don't take the site down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events