Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 06:13 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,356,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Sadly, CNN is reporting that the officer has died. It seems like Black Lives Matter is getting what it wanted http://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...s-blanket.html
What an incredibly daft post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 06:22 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have CC here.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:56 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
It's frighteningly easy to make an effective bomb, for one.

Theater killer, Holmes, had his apartment rigged with home
made bombs. If that had gone off, there would have been a far
greater loss of life. They said the whole building would have gone.
Yes, a bomb would be quite effective, even more so than a gun. Holmes could have blown up the theater and killed everyone ... yet he chose to shoot people with his own hand.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:57 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Is that a gun free zone?
Signed a Chicago native

Old 09-01-2015, 07:19 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
It's not a straw man, it's a fact. You started the thread about the Harris County officer here but couldn't be found in the thread about the Louisiana trooper.
Okay... I have better things to do than comment in every thread on this board. I don't comment in >99% of threads on here.

Quote:
Pretty ironic statement there. If you actually paid any attention to the actual BLM movement, they are perfectly aware of black on black crime, and many are doing what they can to work on those issues. But in your little tiny bubble, you don't hear about it or care to hear about it, so you make assumptions. And you know what they say about making an assumption. Expect it doesn't make one out of me.
I wasn't talking about black-on-black crime specifically. I'm sure they do care about it. I wonder what they think about black-on-white crime, though.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Okay... I have better things to do than comment in every thread on this board. I don't comment in >99% of threads on here.
Oh I see. You just somehow seem to comment in threads where the perpetrator is black. Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I wasn't talking about black-on-black crime specifically. I'm sure they do care about it. I wonder what they think about black-on-white crime, though.
I'm sure you would know what they think about B-o-W crime if you bothered to actually understand what the movement is actually about, but I'm sure you just "have better things to do".

Old 09-01-2015, 08:27 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,427,121 times
Quote:
Oh I see. You just somehow seem to comment in threads where the perpetrator is black. Gotcha.
You've really turned this into an ad hominem attack. My commenting or lack thereof has no effect on racial crime rate disparities.

Quote:
I'm sure you would know what they think about B-o-W crime if you bothered to actually understand what the movement is actually about, but I'm sure you just "have better things to do".
Like this?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/curre...s-blanket.html

And if you say they're not part of BLM, or they're not what BLM is really about, my response is that would be another fallacy on your part. This time, the No True Scotsman fallacy.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:22 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Many of my family is currently in or near Fox Lake, IL where the shooting occurred. Two of my cousins are on lock down at the high school, another cousin is in lock down at the library. My mom was in lock down in a church, but is home now.

My Aunt and Uncle who live within 1/4 mile of where the shooting took place are holed up in the house. My Uncle told me there are FBI/police in the streets and helicopters overhead and he's ready with his rifle to defend his family. I am afraid for them but am thankful my uncle has the right and the means to defend his precious family. I hope many others are capable of this defense as they look for the armed, murderous fugitives who are at large in their community.

I am about 40 minutes away but heard rumors the fugitives could head south towards the forest preserve in my back yard. I have 3 kids at home, gun in the safe, and am trained on how to use it. It has never been clearer to me than today just how important my gun rights are.
Be careful out there and stay safe.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:24 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,464,617 times
Its getting tough to be a police officer, glad I did not go into that profession. I can barely handle the idiots I work with, i can't imagine dealing with stupid Americans all day.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:26 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Once again, thanks NRA
Criminals have guns. Criminals are always going to have guns, legal or not. It makes no sense to tell law-abiding citizens they can't have guns. It's evil people using guns that are the problem, not the guns themselves. You take guns away from law-abiding citizens and the criminals would LOVE that. It makes it much easier for them to commit crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events