Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 10:15 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,800,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
This thread is about a 30 year patrol veteran a month away from retiring for good...and being murdered for protecting someone's property from burglary

Its not about the NRA and someones ability to have a gun...that debate is better served in a new thread

When we as a society detach from the murder of someone we charge to protect us I have fear for our future

This will be an intense investigation... these men will be caught

Sometimes I wish for the simple justice of historical western law

I find it extremely sad that this thread was supposed to be about a good man who served his community above and beyond the call of duty, yet his passing is glossed over in favor of race bashing, and NRA rhetoric. I wonder if the poor man was over powered by the three of them and killed with his own gun? Let's leave BLM out of it and say all lives matter, yes even this poor officer that was going to retire next month. It was reported that he stayed on the force past his eligible retirement because of his many community projects. He was truly dedicated to the community and a decorated hero. He will be missed by many in the community and the world lost a beautiful person yesterday. My heart breaks for them and his family. This thread should be about honoring a hero, not about personal opinions about race and the NRA, but it is indeed a sad reflection on how the public really feels about the murder of a police officer. Let's all dig a little deeper into our hearts and give due respect to yet another fallen hero. R.I.P. "G.I. Joe." The world lost a treasure yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 10:32 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,269 times
The gun nut culture often bears a striking resemblance to conventional "criminals" in their hatred/disdain for police officers ("jack booted thugs," etc.) … and in general, the guv'mint …

("We need machine guns in case we ever need to fight off the federal troops that invaded Texas … just last month … !!!")

Recall that standoff last year when a large gang of heavily armed (self styled "militia") thugs confronted U. S. Marshals trying to enforce federal law on federal land … Waco … Ruby Ridge … Tim McVeigh ...

Old 09-02-2015, 11:44 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
The gun nut culture often bears a striking resemblance to conventional "criminals" in their hatred/disdain for police officers ("jack booted thugs," etc.) … and in general, the guv'mint …

("We need machine guns in case we ever need to fight off the federal troops that invaded Texas … just last month … !!!")

Recall that standoff last year when a large gang of heavily armed (self styled "militia") thugs confronted U. S. Marshals trying to enforce federal law on federal land … Waco … Ruby Ridge … Tim McVeigh ...
Wow, you sound like quite the over emotional type of person. It's obvious you can't have a rational debate about something you are against without throwing jabs out there with some of your slanderous comments.
Funny thing is I am a huge proponent of the 2A and have nothing but the highest respect for our LEO's and our Military. Now our politicians, well I don't trust them as far as I could throw one.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:22 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I find it extremely sad that this thread was supposed to be about a good man who served his community above and beyond the call of duty, yet his passing is glossed over in favor of race bashing, and NRA rhetoric. I wonder if the poor man was over powered by the three of them and killed with his own gun? Let's leave BLM out of it and say all lives matter, yes even this poor officer that was going to retire next month. It was reported that he stayed on the force past his eligible retirement because of his many community projects. He was truly dedicated to the community and a decorated hero. He will be missed by many in the community and the world lost a beautiful person yesterday. My heart breaks for them and his family. This thread should be about honoring a hero, not about personal opinions about race and the NRA, but it is indeed a sad reflection on how the public really feels about the murder of a police officer. Let's all dig a little deeper into our hearts and give due respect to yet another fallen hero. R.I.P. "G.I. Joe." The world lost a treasure yesterday.
Amen.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:20 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
This thread is about a 30 year patrol veteran a month away from retiring for good...and being murdered for protecting someone's property from burglary

Its not about the NRA and someones ability to have a gun...that debate is better served in a new thread

When we as a society detach from the murder of someone we charge to protect us I have fear for our future

This will be an intense investigation... these men will be caught

Sometimes I wish for the simple justice of historical western law
actually, it turns out that this thread is about a criminal masquerading as a public servant, too much of a coward to face the music for his crimes

Fox Lake officer's death to be ruled suicide: law enforcement sources - Lake County News-Sun

Old 11-04-2015, 09:47 AM

6,109 posts, read 10,901,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
actually, it turns out that this thread is about a criminal masquerading as a public servant, too much of a coward to face the music for his crimes

Fox Lake officer's death to be ruled suicide: law enforcement sources - Lake County News-Sun
I always thought the whole story seemed odd. The rural, suburban location, being shot with his own gun, the lack of an actual crime being investigated, or corroborating witnesses to the "perpetrators" and the varying racial makeup of the officers' description of the three perps (not unheard of, but pretty rare).

Very strange indeed.

But I don't see anything about the officer being a criminal.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:52 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post

It's the (low) quality of cop we've come to expect. Cheating, bullying, ignorant man/boys in uniforms. When in trouble or scared, they just shoot themselves out one way or the other.

Old 11-04-2015, 10:06 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,497,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
I always thought the whole story seemed odd. The rural, suburban location, being shot with his own gun, the lack of an actual crime being investigated, or corroborating witnesses to the "perpetrators" and the varying racial makeup of the officers' description of the three perps (not unheard of, but pretty rare).

Very strange indeed.

But I don't see anything about the officer being a criminal.
Apparently he had been stealing money from a youth program.

I wonder if he accidentally killed himself? I wonder if both shots were to go into his vest in order to get some sympathy, or to get some attention as a hero? But maybe the 1st shot weakened him more than he realized and he couldn't aim the gun with the 2nd shot which then killed him?

Old 11-04-2015, 10:24 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t. Damon View Post
i always thought the whole story seemed odd. The rural, suburban location, being shot with his own gun, the lack of an actual crime being investigated, or corroborating witnesses to the "perpetrators" and the varying racial makeup of the officers' description of the three perps (not unheard of, but pretty rare).

Very strange indeed.

But i don't see anything about the officer being a criminal.

just watched the autorities' news conference...

The death of Fox Lake, Illinois, police Lt. Joe Gliniewicz was "a carefully staged suicide," Lake County Major Crimes Task Force commander George Filenko said Wednesday. "This staged suicide was the end result of extensive criminal acts that Gliniewicz had been committing."
Gliniewicz was under increasing levels of stress from scrutiny into what the investigators found to be criminal activity, Filenko said.
The officer had been stealing and laundering money from the police department program that mentored young people hoping to become law enforcement officers, Filenko said. Gliniewic was a leader in that program, and had been stealing money for at least seven years, he said.
The investigation found that the officer -- who had experience creating mock crime scenes -- staged his suicide to make it look like a homicide.

Fox Lake officer's death: Suicide 'carefully staged' - CNN.com

Old 11-04-2015, 11:33 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Maybe if some posters had the sense to realize that PEOPLE commit crimes and not inanimate objects, they wouldn't pop in and immediately cast blame on the inanimate object, sparking the debate in yet another thread.

Happens without fail. Every. Single. Time.
By all means, let's make sure we give them the most efficient tools to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events