Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 03:39 PM

47 posts, read 113,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightfulNYC View Post
This happens a lot near me. Homes often have illegal finished basements, fences not to code, pools not to code, no egress windows, illegal exemptions, you see this stuff during your walk-through and comparing to what is on assessor site.

Someone screws you over to buy a house you are working on folks get pissed for a few days. And with internet easy to report them.

Why do folks do it, revenge, jealousy, and who knows the person who beat you out overpaid maybe and if you rock their boat a bit with town and taxes maybe they will be forced to sell.

I told one too many folks I got a massive cut in property taxes almost so much it must be a mistake and guess what someone from Assessor came to house took pictures from outside and jacked my taxes back up.
Um... what? I think this story goes a little beyond property taxes and code violations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 04:38 PM

743 posts, read 766,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Do you really need me to totally rewrite that, or can you not get the point without me removing one word? Wow.

Reality is no one was raped, lol.
How do you feel about the men on "To Catch a Predator?"

You know, the adult men who are enticed to meet underage boys/girls, even though there is no underage boy/girl and nobody actually gets hurt.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:55 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
People go to prison all the time for hiring a hitman, even if nobody got hurt. Even if they didn't hire a real hitman but an undercover police officer, they go to prison for a long time. I don't think this is any different. The intent was to seriously harm another person and she should be in jail. If they think she's that crazy, then put her in a psych ward. Just get her out of the general population.
Absolutely correct! Just because no one gets hurt in these situations, these people justifably get locked up because their INTENT was to cause harm to someone. This is exactly what happened with this scum-bag.

I also see people giving his old woman a pass just because she is - or at least appears - elderly. Well, let me tell you that some of the most entitled P.O.S.'s on the planet are elderly, because they correctly think they can get away with more due to their advanced ages, which is a crock. They should be treated just the same as anyone else.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:05 PM

45,354 posts, read 60,534,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Absolutely correct! Just because no one gets hurt in these situations, these people justifably get locked up because their INTENT was to cause harm to someone. This is exactly what happened with this scum-bag.

I also see people giving his old woman a pass just because she is - or at least appears - elderly. Well, let me tell you that some of the most entitled P.O.S.'s on the planet are elderly, because they correctly think they can get away with more due to their advanced ages, which is a crock. They should be treated just the same as anyone else.

She's 50.

Old 02-01-2016, 06:13 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,174,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
She's 50.
Well, people have referred to her as a "poor old woman", though I guess to some 50 is old (not to me - I'm in my mid-40's).

Plus, she looks much older than 50.

Old 02-02-2016, 07:18 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,354,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
I think we are pretty fortunate to live in a country where we cant be sentenced to jail based on what coulda happened because of her actions. Desperate people do desperate things, likewise, insane people do insanely desperate things.

That's like saying, "Thankfully, Mr. Smith didn't get convicted of attempting to hire a hitman to kill his wife. Because "we...live in a country where we can't be sentenced to jail based on what could['ve] happened because of [his] actions." Of course, Mr. Smith was meeting with an informant and NOTHING happened, so that makes it okay. No, Mr. Smith ends up in prison. There are a lot of people that go to prison based on "attempts" and what "could've happened."

Old 02-02-2016, 08:20 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,939 times
Coneygirl52 must be related to that insane woman...lol

Old 02-02-2016, 08:43 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
My husband and I have been in that situation before, except the stalker was a guy who was angry that I wasn't with him, and wanted to make us "pay" for that. It was one of the scariest experiences in my life, and it lasted over a year until many drastic measures were taken. And we we ended up moving so that he wouldn't be anywhere near a mile from us. Hopefully they've gotten a protective order against that crazy lady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events