Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 03:48 PM

45,435 posts, read 60,623,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
I am glad someone gets it.

People wake up you can't allow parents who are Psychopaths to raise Psychopaths that will become criminals like her and harm us as society.

Stop and re-read that please. It's because of parents like this that we turn a blind eye on that raise Psychos that grow up and harm you and your family members later in life........

Like we used to say after some parent conferences at school, "The nut doesn't fall far from the tree".

Stop and think back about some of the people you know with various social pathologies and then think of how close many of them mirror their parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 03:52 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I admire you taking the unpopular position Coney, I've been in that position a lot and it takes fortitude. And I admire your ability to forgive. And you are right, what happened to you is none of our business but you did bring it up.

But this is not about what could have happened. This was a real crime. in addition the law is based on what could have happened. If a gang member sprays a house with bullets the crime is less than had he hit an occupant but that does not change the fact that it is a very serious crime. DWI laws are in place based on what could happen. You can't just give the gang member a pass because nobody got shot any more than you can give this woman a pass because the husband just happened to be home.

This woman created a false identity and encouraged strange me from Craig's LIst (scare enough right there) to have sex with this woman and to be forceful about it. In other words don't take no for an answer. When it failed she actually encouraged him to go back. That is as close to arrange rape as you can get short of tying the woman naked to a tree first.
You know, I agree with you Dave - to a point. I'm not saying the woman should be given a free pass completely, and I don't believe she will be given a completely free pass. She has lost her job because of the incident, and that will probably help ease some of her burden - but you cant say its not a repercussion for what she did.

She could be a complete psychopath, but I give her benefit of the doubt based on the fact she is no spring-chicken. Its a bit late in life for her to suddenly start being a psychopath. She has admitted her crime, and faced the world on TV with that.

Her daughter, that looks like she needs 24/7 care, goes to 150 appointments a week, and prior to this incident, the woman also worked. She didn't know the couple before they bought the house, so no one can say she had some history with them other than trying to buy that house. Something made her fixate on that house and no other.

I can easily believe she lost her mind. She seems to be on a road to recovery now, and its good she was caught before her insanity became worse and she actually did hurt herself or others through her actions.

Given all this, I don't see her in the same light as I would a gun-wielding gang member doing a drive by to build up a name.

Unless she falters in some way, I would imagine the courts, taking her daughter into consideration, would agree with me. Although, I could just as easily be mistaken on that viewpoint.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:23 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,080,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
For anyone to excuse what this nut did just shows me that they too have engaged in similar behavior, which is why they can't see the loonyness & instead feel sympathy.
That is my impression as well. Some people also enjoy being mistreated, so they can't empathize with someone that dislikes it.

Old 01-31-2016, 04:39 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
You know, I agree with you Dave - to a point. I'm not saying the woman should be given a free pass completely, and I don't believe she will be given a completely free pass. She has lost her job because of the incident, and that will probably help ease some of her burden - but you cant say its not a repercussion for what she did.
People lose their jobs for the most petty of reasons. Are you saying her losing her job is punishment enough for trying to get a woman raped?

Quote:
She could be a complete psychopath, but I give her benefit of the doubt based on the fact she is no spring-chicken. Its a bit late in life for her to suddenly start being a psychopath. She has admitted her crime, and faced the world on TV with that.
There are people who don't snap until they're elderly. Men in their 50s and 60s become family annihilators without a single sign of mental illness beforehand.

Quote:
Her daughter, that looks like she needs 24/7 care, goes to 150 appointments a week, and prior to this incident, the woman also worked. She didn't know the couple before they bought the house, so no one can say she had some history with them other than trying to buy that house. Something made her fixate on that house and no other.
It's 100-150 appointments a year, not a week. There literally isn't enough time in a week for the daughter to go to 150 medical appointments. And how is the woman's callousness and detachment from normal human behavior an argument against her being a psychopath?

Quote:
I can easily believe she lost her mind. She seems to be on a road to recovery now, and its good she was caught before her insanity became worse and she actually did hurt herself or others through her actions.
The only reason she didn't harm this family is dumb luck.

Quote:
Given all this, I don't see her in the same light as I would a gun-wielding gang member doing a drive by to build up a name.
Why? Because she's an old white lady?

Quote:
Unless she falters in some way, I would imagine the courts, taking her daughter into consideration, would agree with me. Although, I could just as easily be mistaken on that viewpoint.
Why should this woman get a free pass just because she has a special needs child? She's very clearly a menace to society so why is leaving a vulnerable child in her care the best outcome?

Old 01-31-2016, 05:32 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
. She has admitted her crime, and faced the world on TV with that.
She admitted no such thing. She insists that what she did was not harmful. She does not think she did anything wrong. That's psycho thinking.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:10 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
People lose their jobs for the most petty of reasons. Are you saying her losing her job is punishment enough for trying to get a woman raped?

There are people who don't snap until they're elderly. Men in their 50s and 60s become family annihilators without a single sign of mental illness beforehand.

It's 100-150 appointments a year, not a week. There literally isn't enough time in a week for the daughter to go to 150 medical appointments. And how is the woman's callousness and detachment from normal human behavior an argument against her being a psychopath?

The only reason she didn't harm this family is dumb luck.

Why? Because she's an old white lady?

Why should this woman get a free pass just because she has a special needs child? She's very clearly a menace to society so why is leaving a vulnerable child in her care the best outcome?
First, what does her race have to do with anything? You harbor some special vehement anger toward old white ladies?

Second, I'm glad you are so free to play God and define someone you clearly don't know for society. I'm sure you wont mind if someone ever takes that position for you.

Her child. I think its a positive she didn't dump her disabled child on a society that is already paying to cover for people's perfectly healthy children.

Yes there are genuine psychopaths in this world. And, I'm starting to think, with the clear lack of apathy and compassion, many of them post on these forums.

One thing I have learned in life is that unforgiveness is a poison we take, in an attempt to kill the other guy.

I leave you all to the witch hunt. Enjoy your poison!

Old 01-31-2016, 06:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
One thing I have learned in life is that unforgiveness is a poison we take, in an attempt to kill the other guy.
The only people who can forgive this person are the couple she attacked.

I can express my thoughts about her actions, but I cannot forgive her, because she did nothing to me.

Old 01-31-2016, 06:33 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,614,838 times
AHHHH, the $h!7 women get away with.

And yes, you do something horrible like this and be a MAN, you are going to do REAL time in prison.......so she did get-over, girly-pass in place!!!!!!!!

Old 01-31-2016, 07:54 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,853,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099
What a horrible individual. If she were a man, she'd already be in jail. But instead she gets an interview.
Hey @ least she got her 2 mins!!!!!!

She looks indeed quite horrid!!! (ANYONE CAN BUY ANY HOUSE)

Old 01-31-2016, 08:27 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,920,209 times
I tell you what...if I was in that young couple's shoes, there's no way in he11 that we'd still be living there. My wife's safety is non-negotiable and we'd be out of there asap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events