Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 09:06 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,177,104 times

Advertisements

As always, there are apologists for what this woman did. This is despite the fact that she's a piece of excrement, and in fact should be in prison for the rest of her life for her actions - or worse. This scum should NOT be walking the streets. Terrible, but not at all surprising. That's the way the system works...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 09:44 PM

730 posts, read 770,148 times
What makes me furious about this is that she is using her daughter as the excuse for her behavior. I have a special needs son that takes ALOT of care. Constant care. Day in and day out. Yes I'm exhausted and sleep deprived too. Yes I've gotten depressed at times. But never in my wildest dreams would I do this to another person. Shame in her for using that to justify terrible behavior. It gives us special needs parents a bad name.

Old 01-31-2016, 10:39 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
As always, there are apologists for what this woman did. This is despite the fact that she's a piece of excrement, and in fact should be in prison for the rest of her life for her actions - or worse. This scum should NOT be walking the streets. Terrible, but not at all surprising. That's the way the system works...
I'm pretty much 100% sure that if this was a guy, he'd be in jail.

Double standards and a corrupt system, and this is the result..

Old 02-01-2016, 01:19 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,936,631 times
Sleep deprivation my arse. There's a lot of long-term, sleep deprived pilots, ER physicians, truck drivers, etc who aren't out there doing insane things like this woman. She's a psychopath who is a danger to society.

Old 02-01-2016, 01:34 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Woman Admits to Harrassing Couple Who Bought Home She Wanted Video - ABC News

What a horrible individual. If she were a man, she'd already be in jail. But instead she gets an interview.
I couldn't even watch the whole thing. She's a very sick person, I think. I feel so sorry for that couple.

Old 02-01-2016, 03:21 AM

11,802 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
You know, I agree with you Dave - to a point. I'm not saying the woman should be given a free pass completely, and I don't believe she will be given a completely free pass. She has lost her job because of the incident, and that will probably help ease some of her burden - but you cant say its not a repercussion for what she did.

She could be a complete psychopath, but I give her benefit of the doubt based on the fact she is no spring-chicken. Its a bit late in life for her to suddenly start being a psychopath. She has admitted her crime, and faced the world on TV with that.

Her daughter, that looks like she needs 24/7 care, goes to 150 appointments a week, and prior to this incident, the woman also worked. She didn't know the couple before they bought the house, so no one can say she had some history with them other than trying to buy that house. Something made her fixate on that house and no other.

I can easily believe she lost her mind. She seems to be on a road to recovery now, and its good she was caught before her insanity became worse and she actually did hurt herself or others through her actions.

Given all this, I don't see her in the same light as I would a gun-wielding gang member doing a drive by to build up a name.

Unless she falters in some way, I would imagine the courts, taking her daughter into consideration, would agree with me. Although, I could just as easily be mistaken on that viewpoint.

If the daughter had 150 appts a week - the woman would not be able to work.

Your comment " she seems " - is very interesting because many have been let out of mental institutions because they seem to have gotten better - only to go out and rape and kill again.

Personally, the woman, who lost her job - but was able to buy a house?, should have been remanded to a facility and undergone treatment - then served her time in the ankle bracelet. In a situation like this - I'll fork over a few extra tax dollars for her child's care. And I find it odd - that $$ is the premise of your statement.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:10 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,478,720 times
Her sentence wasn't strict enough. I wouldn't want her living anywhere near us. She's already shown what she's capable of doing when she doesn't get her way.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:40 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
Fortunately the internet can have a pretty short memory. A legal visit to the web sites with an order to remove false information should help. Then her digital world access would be severed. If by chance, this couple ever came to any harm, I would hold her responsible for being directly involved. Then her daughter would taken from her and put in a group home. She is not a fit parent. Finally the state of CA should forbid her from living there.

Old 02-01-2016, 05:48 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
Bat Shizzle Crazy

Old 02-01-2016, 05:54 AM

16,283 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodlemomCoS View Post
What makes me furious about this is that she is using her daughter as the excuse for her behavior. I have a special needs son that takes ALOT of care. Constant care. Day in and day out. Yes I'm exhausted and sleep deprived too. Yes I've gotten depressed at times. But never in my wildest dreams would I do this to another person. Shame in her for using that to justify terrible behavior. It gives us special needs parents a bad name.
This was my take earlier. There are plenty of sleep deprived people out there, this was a really lame excuse. This wasn't one bad decision, she carried this on for a while. To use her child as the excuse was really classless,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events