Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 06:25 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Sickening - this woman is a P.O.S. scum bag, and should be locked up. And, instead, she gets an interview?! Amazing.

The reason she isn't is clearly because she's female & there's an obvious gender bias in favor of women & against men. If this had been a man - even if he had a child he needed to take care of - he would have been locked up, no question.
It's not necessarily that. She used the "poor me; I'm the mom of a disabled kid" as an excuse. Some moms (and less often, fathers) use the sacrifices involved with being a parent as an excuse for bad behavior. It is a sacrifice, but a parent is still responsible for his/her actions. As a matter of fact, parents are even MORE responsible for their actions than nonparents, because they should set a good example for their children. And she can't lose something she never had in the first place, so that excuse is BS as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2016, 07:25 AM

8,386 posts, read 4,372,592 times
I'd say she is vindictive, revengeful, probably over bearing, used to getting her way, a bully, lacks respect for other people, is heartless and of low moral character. The perfect person to be raising a disabled child.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:31 AM

6,564 posts, read 7,145,772 times
The couple needs to sell the home to her for profit. It's not worth living in fear just to be in that particular home, especially when "the home" is causing the fear. Looking at the big picture of her getting nothing for solicitating rape of a certain person among many other things, moving is the first thing I'd be doing. It's not worth staying and living within a mile of the lady.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:35 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
The reason she didn't go to prison was because she was the sole care-giver for her sick husband and disabled daughter.....and didn't have prior arrests.

They may have also dug into her background and if she was squeaky clean then her excuse of mentally "snapping" would hold more validity.

However, the extent of lying and attempts to have the lady raped with MULTIPLE email contacts was a concerted campaign and not a single event which bothers me.

I would suspect a hefty civil suit and strict probation terms such as no access to a computer would be in order and she almost certainly lost her job as they talk about it in a past tense.

I'd be nervous the gal ends up destitute, snaps and shows up at your house with a gun.

Old 02-01-2016, 07:38 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

Personally, the woman, who lost her job - but was able to buy a house?, should have been remanded to a facility and undergone treatment - then served her time in the ankle bracelet. In a situation like this - I'll fork over a few extra tax dollars for her child's care. And I find it odd - that $$ is the premise of your statement.
Right? No job but bought a house......a house a mile away from this couple she terrorized. If that's not beyond effed up I don't know what is.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:10 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Maybe she suffers from affluenza.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:22 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Maybe she suffers from affluenza.
That's what I'm thinking. Rich people problems.

Hard for those of us who are or have been caregivers and struggle with finances to sympathize that this one didn't get her 800k dream home. Try having money problems and take care of disabled family members, creepy lady.

Old 02-01-2016, 08:36 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Really? Where does it say she incited someone to rape someone? She posted a fantasy on a site for ho's that she set up for the homeowner's wife. Yes a rape might have happened, but reality is the one person that allegedly showed up (is there video of anyone actually going to the door then running?) left when a man answered the door.

Let's say the woman was raped and murdered - for arguments sake - does that mean the house will definitely be put back on the market? NO!

But, if the husband believed the wife was sleeping around, the house would most likely find itself back on the market if they divorced.
You're trying to be very understanding, which is noble. Nevertheless, you seem to be willfully blind to the intent and likely consequences of her actions. It is clear that she tried to arrange for someone to force his way into the house, telling him that she wanted that as part of the homeowner's rape fantasy. If things had gone the way she intended he would have broken into her house and raped the woman who lived there. it was just dumb luck that it didn't, but she tried again to make it happen.

Does she deserve imprisonment? Maybe not, but one thing I didn't see in the news coverage, which would seem appropriate, is that as a condition of her home confinement and probation she be prohibited from any contact with the internet. She's demonstrated herself to be too dangerous for that.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:04 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That's what I'm thinking. Rich people problems.

Hard for those of us who are or have been caregivers and struggle with finances to sympathize that this one didn't get her 800k dream home. Try having money problems and take care of disabled family members, creepy lady.
At her age (around 50), it's quite possible that she'd inherited some money from parents etc.

Her job up until that point wasn't high paying.

Might explain why she was just then looking around on the market.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:13 AM

2,542 posts, read 6,918,080 times
What she did is heinous, but the home owners said that she is being monitored longer than if she went to prison (with the bracelet). I also imagine the child played into it. If she is being properly monitored, it would be a win-win, as the state doesn't have to pay for her or her daughter's keep.

I hope that her house arrest sentence includes a ban on the Internet, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events