Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 02:35 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,907 times

Advertisements

The woman was temporarily insane. A professional has attributed that insanity to sleep deprivation.

As someone charged with taking care of someone else for what will be the rest of her life, she had wrapped all of her hopes and dreams of a better existence around acquiring THIS house. She came unglued when someone else got the house, and went about doing insane things to try to get the couple to leave the house.

In her then sick mind, she thought what she was doing was harmless, and could keep her dream of salvation through owning this ONE particular home alive.

I think we are pretty fortunate to live in a country where we cant be sentenced to jail based on what coulda happened because of her actions. Desperate people do desperate things, likewise, insane people do insanely desperate things.

One can assume you can no longer access the profile the woman set up for the homeowner, so they should really have nothing further to worry about.

What did the woman 'think' would happen? I don't know, but breaking the couple's marriage up could cause the 'dream home' to be put back on the market.

In any case, the woman is in therapy, and didn't abduct or kill or even throw an egg at anyone. No one was abducted or killed or even had a random egg thrown at them.

I feel sorry her. I'm not sick like her, but as the primary care-giver for an elderly relative, I know how tethered and bogged down her life probably is. My elderly relative doesn't require the constant attention this woman's child appears to need.

I would suggest having no compassion for her after you stand in her shoes for a while.

The couple is safe, and the woman is being helped to get over the loss of this home. Her daughter is still receiving the constant care she needs - in short, in the end, all is well in the world.

Peace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 02:38 PM

45,432 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Lifetime will probably make a movie about this story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Doubtful. Doesn't fit in with the central premise of all of their movies, men are evil.

Maybe Investigation Discovery except no one's dead. Yet.

Someone mentioned her ankle monitor. If she decides to take final measures that won't stop her. She'll just cut it off or simply leave her house. And by the time the police are notified and start looking for her the damage will be done.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:43 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
The woman was temporarily insane. A professional has attributed that insanity to sleep deprivation.

As someone charged with taking care of someone else for what will be the rest of her life, she had wrapped all of her hopes and dreams of a better existence around acquiring THIS house. She came unglued when someone else got the house, and went about doing insane things to try to get the couple to leave the house.

In her then sick mind, she thought what she was doing was harmless, and could keep her dream of salvation through owning this ONE particular home alive.

I think we are pretty fortunate to live in a country where we cant be sentenced to jail based on what coulda happened because of her actions. Desperate people do desperate things, likewise, insane people do insanely desperate things.

One can assume you can no longer access the profile the woman set up for the homeowner, so they should really have nothing further to worry about.

What did the woman 'think' would happen? I don't know, but breaking the couple's marriage up could cause the 'dream home' to be put back on the market.

In any case, the woman is in therapy, and didn't abduct or kill or even throw an egg at anyone. No one was abducted or killed or even had a random egg thrown at them.

I feel sorry her. I'm not sick like her, but as the primary care-giver for an elderly relative, I know how tethered and bogged down her life probably is. My elderly relative doesn't require the constant attention this woman's child appears to need.

I would suggest having no compassion for her after you stand in her shoes for a while.

The couple is safe, and the woman is being helped to get over the loss of this home. Her daughter is still receiving the constant care she needs - in short, in the end, all is well in the world.

Peace.
Uh huh. I'm sure you would be just as compassionate if she did this to you.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Uh huh. I'm sure you would be just as compassionate if she did this to you.
I'm glad you are sure, because you would be right!

I've had worse done to me, and as you can see - I'm still alive, and all is still well in the world.

A person who let's their imagination run wild with senseless fear is just as insane as this woman was.

Do you want to do time over what coulda happened as a result of any action you take or mistake you make?

I seriously doubt you would want to.

Again, peace.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:50 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,008 times
Quote:

Peace.
So you're ok with what that thing did to that innocent couple?? Just because no one got hurt? What if it hadn;t gotten caught?? I guess it is fortunate to live a such a sick country where you can act like this thing did, and not face jail time and actually have people defend you and your actions! All is NOT well- at the end of the video, it said that it now lives a mile from them, they are still living in fear-yet you say all is well?? Maybe this poor, misunderstood thing could live with you for a bit since you think so highly of it. How about saving a little sympathy for the people it tormented, instead of excusing it's behavior?? #GodHelpAmerica

Old 01-31-2016, 02:51 PM

5,075 posts, read 11,080,684 times
Quote:
It doesn't sound like it was temporary though. This went on for quite some time and quite a bit of thought went into it. Repeatedly enticing other people to unwittingly commit crimes on your behalf isn't just a temporary lapse in judgement. Odds are she's the kind of person that has been doing this all her life and it was just the sleep deprivation that made her get caught.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:53 PM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times
This was her therapist blaming her behavior on sleep deprivation in an interviewed where she is getting hammered, rightfully so. While it may be the case the sleep depivation reason (excuse) reminds me of the affluenza defense.

I'm not saying it was not the case, I'm certainly not qualified to make that call. But at the same time I'm not quite ready to excuse away this behavior based on the claim from her therapist. Seems to me there are a whole lot of people suffering from the same thing that don't go this crazy.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:00 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
I'm glad you are sure, because you would be right!

I've had worse done to me, and as you can see - I'm still alive, and all is still well in the world.

A person who let's their imagination run wild with senseless fear is just as insane as this woman was.

Do you want to do time over what coulda happened as a result of any action you take or mistake you make?

I seriously doubt you would want to.

Again, peace.
What do you mean what coulda happened? She did DO something, didn't you watch the video? Whatever "worse" things happened to you, I'm sure you just ignored it, said nothing, did nothing. Uh huh.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
This was her therapist explaining this in an interviewed where she is getting hammered, rightfully so. While it may be the case the sleep depravation reason (excuse) reminds me of the affluenza defense.

I'm not saying it was not the case, I'm certainly not qualified to make that call. But at the same time I'm not quite ready to excuse away this behavior based on the claim from her therapist.
So how much time you want to give Dave? How much extra taxes you want to pay to care for her child until she is released?

At least sleep deprivation, diagnosed by a professional, is a lot easier to swallow than being too affluent to understand that the law also applies to YOU.

Affluenza was probably also diagnosed by a professional, but is a diagnosis that is probably impossible to find in any official diagnostic manual, and a diagnosis that alleged professional was probably paid handsomely to make, in my honest opinion.

Old 01-31-2016, 03:01 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:

Peace.
I'm sure if the woman homeowner starts harrasing and stalking the crazy lady and uses PTSD as a defense she'll get equal sympathy. The lady deserved prison time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events