Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 10:59 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times

Advertisements

Didn't this take place two or three years ago? At least it doesn't appear she has done this couple any harm during that time. Still, if she was going to buy a new house, it's too bad the court didn't order her to buy one hundreds of miles away from the couple she put in danger.

I would feel really scared with her living so close I don't care how carefully she's being watched. What can she be teaching her poor vulnerable kid?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 12:02 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,499,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Didn't this take place two or three years ago? At least it doesn't appear she has done this couple any harm during that time. Still, if she was going to buy a new house, it's too bad the court didn't order her to buy one hundreds of miles away from the couple she put in danger.

I would feel really scared with her living so close I don't care how carefully she's being watched. What can she be teaching her poor vulnerable kid?
That's what I was thinking. The fact she has a disabled child in her care is a reason to put her IN jail not keep her out. If she is willing to act abusive to strangers in public, then imagine what she does behind closed doors.

Old 01-31-2016, 12:13 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Lifetime will probably make a movie about this story.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:05 PM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
That's what I was thinking. The fact she has a disabled child in her care is a reason to put her IN jail not keep her out. If she is willing to act abusive to strangers in public, then imagine what she does behind closed doors.
I don't think that is a fair assumtion.

Old 01-31-2016, 01:08 PM

45,431 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Good God I hope this is the most disturbing story I read today.....

Nope, this one will be:

Second Maryland teen charged in death of Blacksburg, Va., girl - Baltimore Sun

Old 01-31-2016, 02:06 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
I cannot believe she didn't get jail time. I would be furious if I were that couple!

Old 01-31-2016, 02:18 PM

16,282 posts, read 10,424,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
This story is impossible to understand. But charged and convicted are 2 different things.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:26 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,461,659 times
I remember where I first saw this story now, it was a couple of years ago on Dr. Phil. I got the distinct feeling she still didn't realize the harm she had done or that she was remorseful. I also got the feeling Dr. Phil thought so as well. She talked about her criteria for choosing the man to go see the young woman for sex. It was really creepy as if she were setting up a blind date. She had specific ideas as to how he should appear. She rejected one guy because he looked too tough. She finally settled on one who "looked like Mr. Rogers."

She said she felt safe because she was posting from her computer so she wouldn't be harmed. Dr. Phil sounded a bit rattled when he told her that it wasn't her safety that was in question. Obviously. It really sounded as if she didn't care at all that she was putting the young woman in danger. In fact she just stared blankly at Dr. Phil when he pointed it out and said she hadn't thought it then but she knew that now. Yeah, right. She knew it now only because he had told her.

I guess as long as someone is watching her and she has that ankle device on her leg she is somewhat contained. But I wouldn't trust her any farther than I could see her. I don't think she would hesitate to either go after the same woman or try this on someone else again. I do not believe she is "cured."

Old 01-31-2016, 02:29 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,258,616 times
Can't she get some sleep when the kid is at school?

Old 01-31-2016, 02:33 PM

9,150 posts, read 10,899,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Lifetime will probably make a movie about this story.
Doubtful. Doesn't fit in with the central premise of all of their movies, men are evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events