Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 06:46 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
Paterson needs to make examples out of both of them to send the message that this is a serious crime, not funny, and will not be tolerated by society. I hope they get the maximum punishment.
Needs to but won't. We are talking about minority 'children' here. Maybe, and I say MAYBE juvi court with a slap on the wrist ... max. Don't forget that these thugs have 'rights' ... screw the victim.

El Nox

Old 02-08-2016, 06:48 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,964,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
This is obviously a mischievous young person behaving badly. He should be held accountable for his actions under the rule of law for minors. The sick person however is anyone that calls for a juvenile committing a crime to be "put down." Again, what the kid did is disgusting but the OPs comment is even more despicable.
I agree it is histrionic and eye-roll worthy to be calling for "animals" to be "put down", however, I disagree with you completely that this is some mischievous prank.

The youngest of the 2 perpetrators is 16. That is old enough to be tried as an adult if the crime is violent. And this crime is violent. Knocking someone out like that, particularly someone elderly, can cause a serious and possibly fatal head injury, particularly when your head hits the curb the way that his did.

They need to be tried as adults. From what I can see online, none of these young people are taking this seriously.

Old 02-08-2016, 08:51 PM

4,204 posts, read 4,454,442 times
We know LEO uses social media after the fact in investigating crimes, why not use social media proactively and defensively? Or would that be 'entrapment'?
Say, a social media induced 'meet up' for a pre-knock out game rally jump off point whereby the meet up spot becomes a roach motel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhGHxO-woc
Stop pushing the problem around like Orkin..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivpeyRno_yo

I can dream can't I?

Old 02-08-2016, 11:19 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Paterson, NJ is a crap hole "town" fighting hard to catch up with Newark and Camden.

Then again, one could live in a town in Somerset County (county always tends to fall within the top 10 richest counties in the US) that was rated the 5th best place to live in the US a few years back....and have an incumbent town council member who raised her hood rat kid the right way. So what he got arrested (after fleeing) for dealing guns and drugs out of her house?

While mommy was heading up the local gang task force.

Just a misguided adult child, with a mommy involved in local politics.....while she doesn't know what is going on in her own house and with her own kid. Please, Kim, tell us how to help the "youth" who live in/on "that side of town" when you can't handle your own? No example of anything.

And her son didn't just punch some old guy out in the name of a street thug "game". He was a calculating drug/gun buying and selling thug.

And the stupid keep voting her back in.

I thought the KO "game" had petered out. Paterson was late to the party, I guess...explains the 1982 hair and clothing the Paterson thug was sporting.

Old 02-09-2016, 08:32 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,249,602 times
Nobody should ever get capital punishment. There is never any way to be sure how badly anyone was framed. Images can be photoshopped and witnesses can lie. Capital punishment prevents the criminal from testifying when new evidence is discovered. The best punishment for horrible crimes is life in a chain gang. The general public needs to see criminals being punished, as a constant reminder that crime has a price. If there is a chain gang working in a kid's neighborhood, he's more likely to think twice about committing a horrible crime.

Deliberately trying to hurt someone for fun is a horrible crime that deserves life in a chain gang. Imagine what our world would be like if everyone who has the attitude or personality to deliberately hurt people for fun were removed from action. It's not a matter of being immature, because toddlers learn not to do that. If they haven't learned it by the time they're teenagers, it's a safe bet that society is going to be much worse off for having them around in the future.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:51 AM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Nobody should ever get capital punishment. There is never any way to be sure how badly anyone was framed. Images can be photoshopped and witnesses can lie. Capital punishment prevents the criminal from testifying when new evidence is discovered. The best punishment for horrible crimes is life in a chain gang. The general public needs to see criminals being punished, as a constant reminder that crime has a price. If there is a chain gang working in a kid's neighborhood, he's more likely to think twice about committing a horrible crime.

Deliberately trying to hurt someone for fun is a horrible crime that deserves life in a chain gang. Imagine what our world would be like if everyone who has the attitude or personality to deliberately hurt people for fun were removed from action. It's not a matter of being immature, because toddlers learn not to do that. If they haven't learned it by the time they're teenagers, it's a safe bet that society is going to be much worse off for having them around in the future.
Disagree. I like the death penalty. In fact it should be done n the town square. It shouldn't be done with a needle either. It should be brutal and painful lol!!! Actually I truly believe that he should serve major time in prison(he wont). He should also be knocked unconscious in front of a laughing crowd.

Old 02-09-2016, 09:54 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
Waiting on people to start wearing face masks or helmets when walking on the street.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:03 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
This is obviously a mischievous young person behaving badly. He should be held accountable for his actions under the rule of law for minors. The sick person however is anyone that calls for a juvenile committing a crime to be "put down." Again, what the kid did is disgusting but the OPs comment is even more despicable.
One thing that is quite clear on this forum is that it attracts quite a few people who want to "put down" other people. This comes up frequently. Frankly, I don't know why it's allowed.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
"mischievous young person" He is a thug, pure and simple!! He should be held accountable for his actions under the rule of law for adults. Hopefully a hero or a sicko (depending upon on your point of view) will deliver him a painful death before his trial so that the taxpayers won't have to support the thug.

The OP's comment is spot on, as usual.
You can't have it both ways. These 2 phrases are at total odds:

"He should be held accountable for his actions under the rule of law for adults."

"Hopefully a hero or a sicko (depending upon on your point of view) will deliver him a painful death before his trial so that the taxpayers won't have to support the thug."

Old 02-09-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
They are at one extreme but your description of this as simple 'mischief' is at the opposite end and reminds me strongly of parents in denial about their "wonderful" children who made a mistake or were led astray by others.
We need to recognize that this is more than just 'something that isn't right'. It's aberrant behavior that is not likely to be fixed or changed by the time the kids are this age, their moral values are already pretty much set. Lots of people grow up under appalling circumstances without turning into vicious predators, lack of home training should not be used to excuse the actions of kids like this. They are a menace and need to be dealt with as such.
The "as such" is what the question is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events