Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 03:06 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,010,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
Not when you figure in the whopping large fine you'll likely be paying for shooting an animal out of hunting season and/or without a hunting license.
Also, in many places, shooting within a certain distance of a dwelling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 03:19 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,317,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Shyguy, you really need to learn the difference between opinion and fact.

YOU think children are more important. Not everyone else does. My spirituality considers all life as equally sacred, and my beliefs don't require you to agree with me.
I know the difference between an opinion and a fact quite clearly. That doesn't mean some opinions aren't ones I consider to be ones from the land of the looney. DECENT people know there's a difference between a child and a dog. If you need that explained to you, feel free to adjust your Prozac medication.

Last edited by shyguylh; 06-20-2016 at 03:27 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 03:59 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,804 times
I'll adjust my medication (I choose weed over pharma thank you very much) just as long as you lay off the testosterone & red meat.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:10 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,751,523 times
Quote:
As long as I reserve the right to shoot your free range brats when they trespass into MY yard, we have a deal. And keep them from shrieking at 10:00 at night too, please and thanks.
You still haven't received that therapy for your whacked-up mentality, haven you?

Old 06-20-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
If people want to keep the animals out of their property, they do need to build fences because animals understand barriers as something they can't cross.
Gee, I can just see a mountain lion stopping, puzzled, at a fence and then slowly turning around and going away.

NOT. lol High-jumping, sharp claws, and all that.....

Old 06-20-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Yup.

And these are the kind of people who quickly and easily descend into dehumanizing other people who don't look like him, share his beliefs, etc.
Not true...these kind of people believe that human life is sacred and to be respected and preserved if possible.

And when it comes down to "human or animal", human wins. You cannot apply your reasoning to this situation...you have the audacity to say that someone who values human life over animal life will "quickly and easily descend into dehumanizing other people"?? No, it's the ones who value animal life over human life on these boards who do that.

Case in point:

"As long as I reserve the right to shoot your free range brats when they trespass into MY yard, we have a deal. And keep them from shrieking at 10:00 at night too, please and thanks."

Old 06-20-2016, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
It's not all or nothing. We don't need to eliminate animals. And we don't need to all live in cities (that you pretend weren't erected at the expense of wildlife).
Exactly.

[CENTER]Save[/CENTER]

Old 06-20-2016, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
you know this is true we move further and further into the animals territory and wonder why these attacks happen ? well if the animal is hungry then it will attack whatever moves is smaller than them for an easy meal . It is not the animals fault it is mans fault for moving into places where we really should not be building or moving into . Just such a reason is sometimes why we have so many land slides etc and such is because we are again building where we should not be building or living .
Quote:
And we don't need to all live in cities (that you pretend weren't erected at the expense of wildlife).
Quote:
Every place you've ever lived, shopped, worked 'used to be natural'.

See bolded parts. Very good points.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:32 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,915,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
You still haven't received that therapy for your whacked-up mentality, haven you?
Good ! As long as the sheep think I'm whacked that only proves to me I'm going in the right direction.

The second you and people like Shyguy start approving of the way I choose to live my life that's when I know to start making adjustments.

And you can stick your personal attacks where the sun doesn't shine __l_

Old 06-20-2016, 04:39 PM

Quote:
And you can stick your personal attacks where the sun doesn't shine __l_
It's not a "personal attack"....it's an observation of reality.

But really, you just hurt my fee-fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events