Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2016, 10:11 AM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Show me an article where they have found local mosquitoes in that Miami area, or anywhere else in Florida, or the USA. I live in South Florida and while Zika is now constantly on our local news, nobody has reported a single Zika infected mosquito.

I have them spraying constantly where I live 130 miles away, on the ground, and from planes.Not my own backyard? Maybe next time I will say show me your court order to spray my property. I do not give you my permission to spray my property. You are wearing breathing apparatus and I am NOT. This pesticide isn't safe for YOU but it's fine for everyone else?

Suzy, you are in Georgia, a "medical professional", promote fear, push vaccines and pills, for everyone. "When it is in their own backyards (like my own with West Nile 20 years ago?), they will worry". Not pregnant, not trying to be, or can't be?. You are losing the fear campaign when the majority of the public will not get sick from this. 2016's version of Ebola. What will it be next year? Wolf, Wolf, Wolf.
There are infected people in Florida who have not traveled to areas where Zika is present or had sex with someone who had traveled. That means they have been bitten by infected mosquitoes in Florida. It is fairly simple logic.

This virus is not Ebola. Concern about Zika is appropriate from a public health standpoint. We are fully aware that since you cannot get pregnant you do not care about Zika. Most others do not fell the same way you do, thank goodness.

By the way, no court order is needed to spray your property. Don't like it? Move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
Zika has already claimed its first US infant life in Texas.

Harris County infant dies in first Zika-related death in Texas | abc13.com
Hey, according to Jo it's nothing to be concerned about.

Old 08-09-2016, 10:19 AM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,194,376 times
Default One article

Quote:
Show me an article where they have found local mosquitoes in that Miami area, or anywhere else in Florida, or the USA. I live in South Florida and while Zika is now constantly on our local news, nobody has reported a single Zika infected mosquito.

I have them spraying constantly where I live 130 miles away, on the ground, and from planes.Not my own backyard? Maybe next time I will say show me your court order to spray my property. I do not give you my permission to spray my property. You are wearing breathing apparatus and I am NOT. This pesticide isn't safe for YOU but it's fine for everyone else?

Suzy, you are in Georgia, a "medical professional", promote fear, push vaccines and pills, for everyone. "When it is in their own backyards (like my own with West Nile 20 years ago?), they will worry". Not pregnant, not trying to be, or can't be?. You are losing the fear campaign when the majority of the public will not get sick from this. 2016's version of Ebola. What will it be next year? Wolf, Wolf, Wolf.
From the CDC, nonetheless.

Advice for people living in or traveling to Wynwood, a neighborhood in Miami, FL | Zika virus | CDC

Be safe, Jo.

Last edited by SQL; 08-09-2016 at 10:37 AM..

Old 08-09-2016, 11:43 AM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Hey, according to Jo it's nothing to be concerned about.
You are not answering my question. Where are the LOCAL Zika infected mosquitoes? Cite it to me. If local mosquitoes are already infected, you cannot use your argument that you might have Zika, get bitten by an uninfected mosquito which then bites a pregnant woman. If local mosquitoes are already infected, it does not matter what mosquito bites who. Unless of course, a person is having sex with a pregnant woman. I have no intention of having sex with another woman, let alone a pregnant one. You need the casual contact aspect to spread enough fear, which is probably coming, until the COLD WEATHER in the US comes back in a few months. Mother Nature will solve that one soon.

BTW, it is now Winter in Rio. People are reporting not seeing mosquitoes there now. It's not 90 degrees in Winter in these Tropical places with daily rains. Do you have 90 degrees in Georgia in the Winters? I do know that it snows in Atlanta, and even Jacksonville has flurries and 30 degrees in the Winters. Mosquitoes swarming all over then? Weather will take care of mosquitoes in a few months.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:09 PM
SQL

1,337 posts, read 1,194,376 times
Quote:
You are not answering my question. Where are the LOCAL Zika infected mosquitoes? Cite it to me.
See my post above. The Wynwood neighborhood of Miami.

Use Google to search for 'Zika cases in the US'.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:23 PM

Quote:
You are not answering my question. Where are the LOCAL Zika infected mosquitoes? Cite it to me. If local mosquitoes are already infected, you cannot use your argument that you might have Zika, get bitten by an uninfected mosquito which then bites a pregnant woman. If local mosquitoes are already infected, it does not matter what mosquito bites who. Unless of course, a person is having sex with a pregnant woman. I have no intention of having sex with another woman, let alone a pregnant one. You need the casual contact aspect to spread enough fear, which is probably coming, until the COLD WEATHER in the US comes back in a few months. Mother Nature will solve that one soon.

BTW, it is now Winter in Rio. People are reporting not seeing mosquitoes there now. It's not 90 degrees in Winter in these Tropical places with daily rains. Do you have 90 degrees in Georgia in the Winters? I do know that it snows in Atlanta, and even Jacksonville has flurries and 30 degrees in the Winters. Mosquitoes swarming all over then? Weather will take care of mosquitoes in a few months.
The presence of infected mosquitoes is inferred from finding the virus in people who could not have become infected except in Florida. It's simple logic but apparently too difficult for you to understand.

Your thought process is utterly impossible to comprehend.

Of course it matters which mosquito bites a pregnant woman. The ones that count are those that are infected, and they get that way by biting an infected person.

There is no evidence that Zika is spread by casual contact and I have seen no one suggesting that it does.

Cold weather will not eliminate mosquitoes forever.

By the way, it is currently 81° in Rio. They are having the Summer Olympics there right now. You didn't know that, I presume.

Old 08-09-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQL View Post
See my post above. The Wynwood neighborhood of Miami.

Use Google to search for 'Zika cases in the US'.
She cannot understand that it is not necessary to actually capture an infected mosquito to know they are there.

Old 08-09-2016, 02:46 PM

604 posts, read 619,084 times
zika is not like those diseases spread by rats, where the disease is spread among rats and can even by transmitted from generation to generation of rats before getting to humans.

zika, dengue, chikungunya, and all those viruses spread by the aedes aegipty mosquito come always through a pattern of: (infected person) --> mosquito --> other person.
The virus itself does not pass from mosquito to mosquito, nor to the next generation of mosquitoes.

Most of the cases reported in Miami, not related to travel, come from the same area. They don't want to say more, but rumor has it they are all related with on particular establishment.

The story could just simply be that an infected tourist went to that hip area and one or more mosquitoes bit him and then bit more people.

Florida already had 300 cases of travel related zika, so it was bound to happen.

Last edited by oronzous; 08-09-2016 at 02:56 PM..

Old 08-09-2016, 04:38 PM

6,706 posts, read 5,941,631 times
This thread has been taken over by anti-vaccine and anti-science conspiracists. It's become a source of misinformation, not useful facts or discussion. It should be moved to Religion, or maybe to Mental Health. I'm out of here.

Old 08-09-2016, 04:46 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She cannot understand that it is not necessary to actually capture an infected mosquito to know they are there.
Then why were they saying only a week ago that these cases of Zika were all TRAVEL related?????? I would be willing to bet you that my Snowbird neighbors in their 60's and 80's will be back in Florida come November. SELFISH PEOPLE not worried about spreading Zika!

Give it up. Too many Americans are only concerned with THEMSELVES. While your message is to promote widespread fear, the majority of the public isn't buying your message. Better pass more legislation to get your way like your are doing for children. Adults are not buying it for themselves from Flu Shots to TDAP to Shingles to Zika. Welcome to the real world. You only hear it on CD, but trust me, there is a lot MORE.

http://www.pressreleasepoint.com/our...es-vaccination

Sorry, I am not getting with your program for either myself or the younger generation. I am Pro Choice. You do what you think is right for you and yours, and do not DEMAND/Legislate that others do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events