Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 09:19 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times

Advertisements

Gov't scientists should work on creating a gene mutation program that would result in a Zika Mosquito that would develop normally but without wings
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 12:14 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,042,534 times
What is happening in Florida now with the blood banks? I think the government isn't disclosing everything they know but those who traveled to zika infected areas are banned from donating blood. Not sure if this is just Florida or country wide at this time.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:17 PM

10,236 posts, read 6,326,286 times
Is Florida doing to declare a Pandemic going door to door demanding blood tests of 18 millions people to try to determine who is carrier and who isn't when 80% show no symptoms at all?

Good Luck!!!!

Old 07-29-2016, 03:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
What is happening in Florida now with the blood banks? I think the government isn't disclosing everything they know but those who traveled to zika infected areas are banned from donating blood. Not sure if this is just Florida or country wide at this time.
Blood donation centers in two Florida counties, Miami-Dade and Broward are no longer collecting blood from anyone, even if you haven't traveled to zika infected area. It is being recommended that neighboring communities do the same, and that other at-risk counties around the country at least screen donors before they give blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Is Florida doing to declare a Pandemic going door to door demanding blood tests of 18 millions people to try to determine who is carrier and who isn't when 80% show no symptoms at all?
They're just asking anyone who thinks they might be infected to contact their local health department to be tested.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Blood donation centers in two Florida counties, Miami-Dade and Broward are no longer collecting blood from anyone, even if you haven't traveled to zika infected area. It is being recommended that neighboring communities do the same, and that other at-risk counties around the country at least screen donors before they give blood.

They're just asking anyone who thinks they might be infected to contact their local health department to be tested.
80% of Zika infected have no symptoms at all. So who is that? Anyone bitten by a mosquito in South Florida? Can you imagine that???? Fortunately, most people here in South Florida are just shrugging it all off. I don't it is creating the panic like Ebola because unless you are pregnant, the symptoms are no greater than getting the flu at most.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:11 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,126,981 times
Quote:
80% of Zika infected have no symptoms at all. So who is that? Anyone bitten by a mosquito in South Florida? Can you imagine that???? Fortunately, most people here in South Florida are just shrugging it all off. I don't it is creating the panic like Ebola because unless you are pregnant, the symptoms are no greater than getting the flu at most.
That's probably a very bad thing since they have shown that this can be sexually transmitted by males. I doubt if most women ask her husband if he's had any flu symptoms before they have a date night.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:46 PM

745 posts, read 1,649,345 times
"First of all, the latest figures out of Brazil, the so-called epicenter of the microcephaly tragedy, reveal the following: 854 confirmed cases of microcephaly; and of those, 97 cases show the presence of the Zika virus."

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2...medical-fraud/

Old 07-29-2016, 06:31 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,648,684 times
Quote:

Good Luck!!!!
Having unfortunately lived in FL for a few years, it is a very reactive state when it comes to many issues.

It's the "land of a day late and a dollar short". I don't have too much faith they will do much at all.

They never do. Look at the situation with the beaches right now.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:59 AM

Yesterday driving to the supermarket I saw someone spraying down a sewer off the side of the road. Never thought of that one. Given the rainy season now, are they doing that every day? No wonder they want billions of dollars.

Can you imagine all the standing water there is in the Everglades during Rainy Season? The Snowbirds are packed up and gone now where I live. Who is going to monitor standing water on their property in a gated community?

Standing water is everywhere in Florida during Rainy Season. Impossible to monitor and remove it all.

Old 07-30-2016, 09:56 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,689,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
The frogs are doing a lousy job too.

There's just too many mosquitoes and not enough predators.

When I first moved to my house, I stocked my yard with lizards. I see them crawling up and down walls from time to time, or flitting across my fenceline but I don't have any issues with mosquitoes or pretty much any other bugs compared to some of my neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events