Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 03:32 PM

2,464 posts, read 2,485,547 times

Advertisements

Back when I was in high school we had a plumbing problem and the restrooms were shut down for over a week. The teachers let the students pee out the windows, even the girls. Everyone always turned their heads away out of respect. I bet kids wouldn't do that today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2016, 03:40 PM

45,455 posts, read 60,666,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Back when I was in high school we had a plumbing problem and the restrooms were shut down for over a week. The teachers let the students pee out the windows, even the girls. Everyone always turned their heads away out of respect. I bet kids wouldn't do that today.
They'd film it on their phones and upload it to YouTube.

Old 11-01-2016, 03:44 PM

29,753 posts, read 34,428,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
That's gross and unsanitary. Today, the school district would bring in port-a-potties.

Old 11-01-2016, 06:03 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,048,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Kids will leave class to ****, to get high, to get drunk, to look for a fight, to just wander around or be generally disruptive, among a multitude of other reasons.
This is why we can't have nice things. I remember in 7th grade, kids were already smoking in the bathrooms.

Annoying as hell, but kids, you've brought this hall pass nonsense upon yourselves.

Old 11-01-2016, 07:37 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,969,573 times
This story reminds me of a time one of my friends (who does have a bladder problem, when he has to go he has to go NOW or it leaks) asked to get up in the middle of a test to use the restroom. The teacher said no. My friend advised the teacher he was going one way or another, whether it was in the garbage can of the classroom or the bathroom was up to the teacher. Teacher said no again and ended up with a garbage can full of pee. After his mother found out all hell broke loose because there was documentation of the bladder issue with the school.

As for the people stating that there is enough time to go in between classes, that all depends on the layout of the school and schedule of classes. Both in middle school and high school we got a total of 3 minutes in between classes. Theoretically that is plenty of time for a number 1, but a number 2? Then you take into account that some of your classes are spread far apart in a school. Most times I didn't even have enough time to exit one class, get to my locker to change out books, then make it to the next class before that bell rang. Going to the bathroom in between classes was out of the question in between most classes I had. When I had to go I usually did the show up to the next class and let that teacher know I was going to the bathroom thing, not asked, told. Some understood, some got mad but I didn't care.

Old 11-01-2016, 08:37 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,228,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Blish View Post
Student has accident in class after teacher says he can't go to restroom - Story

"A Schofield middle schooler says he wet himself after his teacher told him he could not step out to use the restroom. Erik Orozcu’s parents are just beside themselves that this happened to their son."

The teacher sounds as if she has no care for her student's wellbeing.
This is actually nothing new, this was going on when I was in school to. I remember instances where my bladder would be on the verge of exploding but not being allowed to go in the school building during recess.

Old 11-01-2016, 09:19 PM

35,739 posts, read 21,093,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
By the time a kid reaches middle school, he should be potty trained.

The parents sound as if they're clueless and haven't instructed their kid on toilet techniques.

An old quote applies here:

"The wise man takes a leak whenever the opportunity presents itself. The fool waits until he has to go."

This little bit of wisdom should be required learning for all school age kids.

Why so cut throat when we don't know the kids condition? Maybe put in a new meds or was sick ? Eech What teen would do that in front if all the school kids?

Old 11-01-2016, 10:23 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,035,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Why so cut throat when we don't know the kids condition? Maybe put in a new meds or was sick ? Eech What teen would do that in front if all the school kids?
Considering the parents had no problem telling the world about how their child peed himself in school, I doubt they would have kept any medical information private.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:40 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

Cut throat?

If a kid needs to go so badly, then he obviously should have used the restroom before he went to class.

This isn't advanced, arcane stuff.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:36 AM

224 posts, read 311,227 times
One thing that I don't understand is why in the world the parents would put their child's full name in the news like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events