Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 08:31 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,345,141 times

Advertisements

I got the point of the guy saying that the history channel has shown that aliens have intervened and I just couldn't read this thread anymore. We haven't been visited by advanced life nor did we find aliens at area 51. Why? Physics, that is why.

Yeah, between big foot, the ghost paranormal shows and aliens the history channel has it all figured out.

If anything this announcement is likely from them finding a smallish double the earth sized plant in the habital zone which shows an atmosphere that might not kill you the second you hit the surface.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 09:17 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,342,946 times
Being a trained scientist who has done a lot of microbial work, I don't doubt there are microbes on other planets or moons of planets in our own solar system. Here on earth you find extremophiles that live in very harsh environments, be it extreme temps, high and cold, lack of water, lack of oxygen, etc. The key is going to be getting soil samples back to earth so they can be analyzed, which is obviously much, much cheaper than sending people, say to Mars, and doing the analysis there.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:08 AM

213 posts, read 216,758 times
The Bible mentions intelligent alien life many times. They are called Angels.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:29 AM

33,266 posts, read 26,477,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suburban_guy View Post
sorry cd kiddies and script kiddies

https://www.space.com/37312-nasa-ali...ous-video.html
Quote:
NASA is not preparing to drop an alien-life bombshell, despite what you may have heard.

"Contrary to some reports, there's no pending announcement from nasa regarding extraterrestrial life," zurbuchen said via twitter, where he posts as @dr_thomasz.
''Anonymous' video focuses not on hacked documents but rather on testimony Zurbuchen gave back in April during a hearing of the House of Representatives' Committee on Science, Space, and Technology. (The 12-minute video also touches on some other topics, including the seven Earth-size planets circling the star TRAPPIST-1 and several supposed UFO sightings.)''

Yes, and I posted the link to that hearing in post #14. I wonder how many, if anyone ever bothered to listen to it to find out what was actually said.

I'll post it again. The hearing actually starts at 20:59 into the video. Dr. Zurbuchen, who is mentioned in the article, at 41:39 into the video as he refered to the discovery of potential life enabling energy sources on Saturn's moon Enceladus and Jupiter's moon Europa said, ''While we haven't found definitive signs of life elsewhere just yet, our search is making remarkable progress.'' His concluding statement was, ''With all this activity related to the search for life in so many different areas, we are on the verge of one of the most profound discoveries ever.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlZVlEHmMBw

Old 06-28-2017, 08:37 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,989,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
''Anonymous' video focuses not on hacked documents but rather on testimony Zurbuchen gave back in April during a hearing of the House of Representatives' Committee on Science, Space, and Technology. (The 12-minute video also touches on some other topics, including the seven Earth-size planets circling the star TRAPPIST-1 and several supposed UFO sightings.)''

Yes, and I posted the link to that hearing in post #14. I wonder how many, if anyone ever bothered to listen to it to find out what was actually said.

I'll post it again. The hearing actually starts at 20:59 into the video. Dr. Zurbuchen, who is mentioned in the article, at 41:39 into the video as he refered to the discovery of potential life enabling energy sources on Saturn's moon Enceladus and Jupiter's moon Europa said, ''While we haven't found definitive signs of life elsewhere just yet, our search is making remarkable progress.'' His concluding statement was, ''With all this activity related to the search for life in so many different areas, we are on the verge of one of the most profound discoveries ever.''

I don't think it's a question of how or where anymore, but when...

Old 06-28-2017, 08:50 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,191,390 times
Is Anonymous even centralized? Do they have a team charter?

Lol.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:13 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

just an observation and comment to "Dr. Zubrakon" (or whoever you really are), you might consider doing away with your space alien name next time you pick a planet to invade.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:32 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,140,801 times
I take this as a propaganda effort for more NASA funding. NASA being about the only Federal Gov't agency many conservatives respect.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:05 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,472,713 times
Good God, I hope not! I honestly have no desire for Earth to have any interaction for anything from any other planet in my lifetime.

Think about any movie that has involved any other sort of alien life form interacting with Earth. Other than E.T., have any of them had good endings for us? Whether it's one of the Star Trek movies, Independence Day, War of the Worlds, etc., it seems like any alien race only wants to destroy the Earth.

No thanks to finding life on other planets! We have enough trouble dealing with people in other countries right here on Earth!

Old 06-28-2017, 10:09 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,472,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
I take this as a propaganda effort for more NASA funding. NASA being about the only Federal Gov't agency many conservatives respect.
I consider myself a Conservative, and if it were up to me, I'd abolish NASA completely. I think there are many better uses for the money spent on NASA taking care of people right here in the United States. If people want to explore other planets, let them do it with private money, not Government funds paid for by taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events