Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 10:09 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,790,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Good God, I hope not! I honestly have no desire for Earth to have any interaction for anything from any other planet in my lifetime.

Think about any movie that has involved any other sort of alien life form interacting with Earth. Other than E.T., have any of them had good endings for us? Whether it's one of the Star Trek movies, Independence Day, War of the Worlds, etc., it seems like any alien race only wants to destroy the Earth.

No thanks to finding life on other planets! We have enough trouble dealing with people in other countries right here on Earth!
Don't worry. Our movie superheros like superman, spiderman, batman, ironman, an the incredible hulk will protect us from any real alien invasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 10:35 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,534,951 times
It's not coming from NASA, it's Bill Nye the Science Guy. He's discovered fungus on his toes. Can't blame it on Global Warming so.. it must be Aliens!

Old 06-28-2017, 10:56 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,528,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Sorry CD kiddies and script kiddies

https://www.space.com/37312-nasa-ali...ous-video.html
Man, I'm disappointed! I was looking forward to meeting some cool interplanetary aliens.

Now what am I going to do with all the appetizers that I made?

Old 06-28-2017, 11:10 AM

33,258 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
just an observation and comment to "Dr. Zubrakon" (or whoever you really are), you might consider doing away with your space alien name next time you pick a planet to invade.
It's Zubuchen. Dr. Thomas Zurbuchen, Associate Administrator for the Science Mission Directorate at the Agency's headquarters in Washington D.C.

https://science.nasa.gov/about-us/le...omas-Zurbuchen

Old 06-28-2017, 11:13 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,949 times
"Is That You Mo-Dean?"

Old 06-28-2017, 11:35 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
Man, I'm disappointed! I was looking forward to meeting some cool interplanetary aliens.

Now what am I going to do with all the appetizers that I made?
Costume Party? One guess as to the theme...

Old 06-28-2017, 11:45 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,937,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Good God, I hope not! I honestly have no desire for Earth to have any interaction for anything from any other planet in my lifetime.

Think about any movie that has involved any other sort of alien life form interacting with Earth. Other than E.T., have any of them had good endings for us? Whether it's one of the Star Trek movies, Independence Day, War of the Worlds, etc., it seems like any alien race only wants to destroy the Earth.

No thanks to finding life on other planets! We have enough trouble dealing with people in other countries right here on Earth!
I'm still not understanding why it does not occur to you that SF writers, SH, and ST might all be WRONG about how a real 'First Contact' might develop. There is probably a better chance of an asteroid being on a collision course with Earth, than an alien race with hostile intentions coming to exterminate us! There is no reasoning with an Asteroid, it is just a BIG hunk of rock with an unimaginable amount of momentum behind it. An alien race with the intelligence to reach Earth could be reasoned with. Maybe they will like our Conservatives...

Old 06-28-2017, 12:07 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,544,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I'm still not understanding why it does not occur to you that SF writers, SH, and ST might all be WRONG about how a real 'First Contact' might develop.
Not to mention a movie / book with friendly encounters might not do so well in sales.

"Aliens visit earth! And live happily among them! Coming this summer."

Old 06-28-2017, 12:58 PM

586 posts, read 555,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Anonymous is a collective of hackers that have done some interesting things in the past. They generally (in my opinion) tell the truth with these sort of things...

This has had a lot of chatter around the web, and is starting to have teeth. What do you guys think?

Anonymous claims NASA on verge of announcing alien life | Daily Mail Online

Hope they bring some cures of diseases, that would be awesome!
NASA has been "on the verge" of announcing life for freakin' ever. I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:06 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Don't worry. Our movie superheros like superman, spiderman, batman, ironman, an the incredible hulk will protect us from any real alien invasion.
Yes, I am far too busy living out a romcom to deal with any of this. Now where did I put those fake wedding invitations...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events