Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 07:34 PM

14,497 posts, read 12,141,672 times

Advertisements

You say he DROPPED that woman's personal belongings, as if that absolves him of guilt.

He dropped them because he got caught. And then he tried to get away. He's got a dangerous lifestyle, and it bit him in the backside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2017, 07:46 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,368,619 times
People who think that death and/or debilitating injury is a proportionate punishment for theft (I'm not even talking about armed robbery), are insane.

There is a simple saying of "Two wrongs don't make a right." and unfortunately that is what we are seeing here that out of all options taken, she took the one that was completely reckless as she could have struck another person in the parking lot or something much worse. Had she killed him, the book probably would have thrown at her.

People love their vigilante justice, unless it's practiced in a foreign country.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:47 PM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm sure some will disagree here, but quite an overreaction to run over someone, and it was the correct action to charge her.

Pregnant woman runs over suspected purse thief in Walmart parking lot | WREG.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
People who think that death and/or debilitating injury is a proportionate punishment for theft (I'm not even talking about armed robbery), are insane.

There is a simple saying of "Two wrongs don't make a right." and unfortunately that is what we are seeing here that out of all options taken, she took the one that was completely reckless as she could have struck another person in the parking lot or something much worse. Had she killed him, the book probably would have thrown at her.

People love their vigilante justice, unless it's practiced in a foreign country.
The pregnant woman was from this link the victim of a crime. I don't see why committing a crime has to be risk-free. And don't tell me a wrist-slap from an overworked judge is a risk. It isn't.

If the theft had succeeded was her loss "proportionate"? I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Good for her. I hope he gets some serious jail time for his crimes.
He won't. But the injuries will hopefully change his approach for the better. The justice system is not doing its job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
If on the jury, I wouldn't vote to convict.
Very few jurors would vote to convict.
Moderator cut: .

Last edited by toosie; 07-01-2017 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: Travon comment - orphaned trolling in response to trolling

Old 07-01-2017, 07:57 PM

Attempting to kill someone over a snatched purse is beyond over-reaction. This lady was the victim until she decided to become the aggressor.

She had motive and opportunity to commit a crime and she took it with both hands. And her crime was far worse than petty theft. Also, people calling for criminals to be more harshly sentenced are talking about this woman too.

Moderator cut: .

Last edited by toosie; 07-01-2017 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: George Zimmerman - trolling/escalating

Old 07-01-2017, 08:04 PM

14,497 posts, read 12,141,672 times
If you need to exaggerate to make your point, maybe your point is weak.

She didn't kill him, she didn't even say she tried to kill him. She isn't charged with trying to kill him. She tried to stop him, and she did... with minor injuries.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:29 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,459,497 times
I don't think it's an overreaction at all ... these junkie thieves are picking working people clean from coast to coast and people are sick of it. I hope he Od's and dies the next time he gets high. I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
If you need to exaggerate to make your point, maybe your point is weak.

She didn't kill him, she didn't even say she tried to kill him. She isn't charged with trying to kill him. She tried to stop him, and she did... with minor injuries.
Attempting to run someone over with an SVU is attempted murder. Don't use backwards laws to justify things.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Exactly! The criminal scum-bags are taking over this country, and in many cases you can't do anything to protect your person - or risk getting in trouble yourself. It's a sad state of affairs, and it makes me sick.
I like when I see a junkie limping. That means somebody caught him/her and hit them in the knee.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Not only her unborn baby but any pedestrians who may have been passing by when she ran over the curb. A car is not a weapon and should not be used as such.
Not a weapon? I've used mine as a weapon on at least three occasions and I'm thankful to have had it to use.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:46 PM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Attempting to run someone over with an SVU is attempted murder. Don't use backwards laws to justify things.
Should not people who rifle other's property know theycould be badly hurt or die in the process?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events