Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2017, 08:15 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,483,783 times

Advertisements

We need more laws that prevent vehicular vengeance on our poor, thieving citizens and non-citizens. They have become much too abused and attacked!!

Shame, shame on hardworking people who lose their heads during a crime being committed against them and their families. They are the scourge on society, not the criminal. They belong in jail, not loose on our streets where they will gleefully pursue and injure a poor thief who's stolen something. Let the thief have your car, wallet or purse. You've probably got two anyway. Just hand it over and let him escape unmolested.

Your only duty is to stand idly by and get a physical description to the police. But don't mention race. That's profiling and it's a bad, bad thing, boys and girls. Only a racist notices and comments on skin color. If the thief appears to be black or from the middle east, just say he appeared to have dark eyes and a heavy tan. If you notice a turban, forget about it!

In fact, don't mention gender at all. You'll greatly insult a "he" if you state confuse him with a "she". Simply report, "It wore a low-cut dress and pink high heels. I saw black hairs on its chest, five-o'clock shadow on its face and a crooked wig on its head."

Be a good citizen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 08:31 AM

11,582 posts, read 6,747,418 times
It's just a purse with contents that can be replaced! Unless she had a crap load of money in her purse (which is never advisable) who cares! All you're going to get is a hassle to replace and maybe call a few banks to cancel credit cards. Does it suck, I'm sure it does but is it risk getting hurt over, especially pregnant! Now the idiot will get possible jail time or a fine or both and have a conviction on HER record. Just plain stupid! It doesn't matter what someone did to you, you can't go running them over!! Just plain ignorance!

Old 07-02-2017, 08:34 AM

14,532 posts, read 12,163,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She wasn't trying to retrieve property, she was seeking revenge (I guess including death if it came to that) so he "wouldn't be able to get away with it".
We're SUPPOSED to not want criminals to get away with it!

Enough with the drama and pearl clutching over how dangerous she is. He was barely injured and will live to make choices about right and wrong another day. She got him... he was a threat to all of us, walking our towns choosing which of us he'll steal from. But maybe he wasn't out there today.... yet. There should be cheers.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:51 AM

2,130 posts, read 1,460,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
There is a reason why petty theft and breaking and entering are not death penalty crimes. This woman should be charged with attempted murder. She could have also hit other people going through the parking lot crazy like that. She used excessive force and she should definitely face strong charges, she was in no danger of her life.
BUT, she didn't hit anybody else.

Old 07-02-2017, 08:58 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,653 posts, read 18,015,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We're SUPPOSED to not want criminals to get away with it!

Enough with the drama and pearl clutching over how dangerous she is. He was barely injured and will live to make choices about right and wrong another day. She got him... he was a threat to all of us, walking our towns choosing which of us he'll steal from. But maybe he wasn't out there today.... yet. There should be cheers.
No one is clutching pearls, Diana, I assure you. No need to be rude.

Who took that video? How long did that drive across the parking lot and over a concrete barrier take, and how eye catching was her behavior that someone had time to take out their phone and record it? I'd like to see the entirety of what happened, between her trying to chase this thief down, getting back in her car, chasing him with it and finally pinning him between her car and the car in front of her.

I know not everyone sees that as extremely dangerous behavior, but do you think she looked carefully before backing out? I don't.

It's just pure luck that she didn't hit someone else, and kill the thief. (Which, I realize, a lot of posters on here would be fine with killing someone who was attempting to steal a purse).

Old 07-02-2017, 09:16 AM

477 posts, read 277,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
There is a reason why petty theft and breaking and entering are not death penalty crimes. This woman should be charged with attempted murder. She could have also hit other people going through the parking lot crazy like that. She used excessive force and she should definitely face strong charges, she was in no danger of her life.
Can you prove this? The thief now has her personal information, ID cards, etc. He has her address. There might be a spare key to her residence in the purse. What's to stop him or some other criminals from doing a little home invasion later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
It's just a purse with contents that can be replaced! Unless she had a crap load of money in her purse (which is never advisable) who cares! All you're going to get is a hassle to replace and maybe call a few banks to cancel credit cards. Does it suck, I'm sure it does but is it risk getting hurt over, especially pregnant! Now the idiot will get possible jail time or a fine or both and have a conviction on HER record. Just plain stupid! It doesn't matter what someone did to you, you can't go running them over!! Just plain ignorance!
Who cares? I'm pretty sure the victim cared. This notion that innocent citizens would just allow criminals to get away with their crimes for fear of hurting the criminals is wrong. Why should a victim put themselves through the trials of identity theft, potential home break-in, loss of cash, loss of sense of security, etc. just so the poor little criminal faces no consequences for their actions?

There are real people to feel sorry for in our society and they're NOT criminals. The way some of you people kvetch you'd defend a child rapist if their victim shot them with their dad's shotgun.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:25 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 14 days ago)

35,653 posts, read 18,015,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Can you prove this? The thief now has her personal information, ID cards, etc. He has her address. There might be a spare key to her residence in the purse. What's to stop him or some other criminals from doing a little home invasion later?

Who cares? I'm pretty sure the victim cared. This notion that innocent citizens would just allow criminals to get away with their crimes for fear of hurting the criminals is wrong. Why should a victim put themselves through the trials of identity theft, potential home break-in, loss of cash, loss of sense of security, etc. just so the poor little criminal faces no consequences for their actions?

There are real people to feel sorry for in our society and they're NOT criminals. The way some of you people kvetch you'd defend a child rapist if their victim shot them with their dad's shotgun.
Do you realize he actually doesn't have any of this, and she knows it? She's been chasing him on foot - she knows he doesn't have her purse or anything that belongs to her.

Attempted murder over an attempted burglary.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:26 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,482,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
So, if you forget to take your purse into the supermarket, even one time, it's fair game for the junkie thieves? LOL! I get what you're saying, but it sounds foolish to blame an innocent victim of theft.

And, lets stop acting like pregnant women need to be wrapped in bubble-wrap because they're "so tender." "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BABY?!!!" Get a grip people, it's a lame argument.
This is a corollary to what folks are saying... "if you do stupid things, you deserve the consequences"
If folks advocate running over someone b/c they stole your stuff, then logically, this gives thieves "the excuse" to steal your stuff if it's left out in plain sight.

Old 07-02-2017, 09:30 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,482,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
BUT, she didn't hit anybody else.
Well, if this pregnant woman were to hit another pregnant woman, who's "pregnant card" trumps?
Folks saying the thief was trying to commit identity theft. Well, he dropped the purse, so that didn't happen now did it?

Old 07-02-2017, 09:32 AM

477 posts, read 277,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Well, if this pregnant woman were to hit another pregnant woman, who's "pregnant card" trumps?
Folks saying the thief was trying to commit identity theft. Well, he dropped the purse, so that didn't happen now did it?
Not this time But, you know, screw the next person he'd have stolen from, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events