Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 04:36 PM

91 posts, read 31,598 times

Advertisements

Reading the news report, I have to say, this all sounds pretty fishy to me. The boyfriend was standing on the deck but claims he didn't see or hear anything until after the dog was under attack? I don't know how big this property is, but this was a fully fenced yard at 9:30 at night. What dog goes to the farthest reach of the property to eliminate? What could legitimately be the motivation for these attackers? Were they in the back of the property, lying in wait for him to let the dogs out? He claims to find the dog helpless and unable to move, but takes the time to call the girlfriend at school, apparently waits for her return home, and then "they" take the dog to the vet? If you find your girlfriend's dog that severely injured in the yard, you take it to the vet immediately. None of this makes any sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 04:59 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Florida is a sunny place for shady people........who usually moved down from "up north" to escape whatever shadiness they were doing up there!
I heard the same thing about Alaska, it was said by someone who lives there, on a thread about a man and his son who shot a momma bear and her cubs woke they slept.

Old 02-27-2019, 05:18 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rftw View Post
Reading the news report, I have to say, this all sounds pretty fishy to me. The boyfriend was standing on the deck but claims he didn't see or hear anything until after the dog was under attack? I don't know how big this property is, but this was a fully fenced yard at 9:30 at night. What dog goes to the farthest reach of the property to eliminate? What could legitimately be the motivation for these attackers? Were they in the back of the property, lying in wait for him to let the dogs out? He claims to find the dog helpless and unable to move, but takes the time to call the girlfriend at school, apparently waits for her return home, and then "they" take the dog to the vet? If you find your girlfriend's dog that severely injured in the yard, you take it to the vet immediately. None of this makes any sense.
The properties in the area are pretty large, and lots of plants and growth there depending how they maintain it. It is a semi-rural type area. This is why on my other post I said that I would be pretty damn concerned about who is out at such a place at such a time, because it is not normal at all. I am thinking some neighbor's kid and friends hitting the drugs or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I heard the same thing about Alaska, it was said by someone who lives there, on a thread about a man and his son who shot a momma bear and her cubs woke they slept.
California, Alaska, and Florida, three states that seems to attract people "seeking a new start", but essentially end up hooking with the same filth they came from. Hell, I remember on the movie "Warriors", where did they want to go? Oh yes, Florida.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:43 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,427,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
It's alllllways Florida.
No, it is not always Florida. This happens everywhere not just Florida. I have lived in Massachusetts, South Carolina and now Florida and in each state there have been cases of inhumane treatment of animals.

Old 02-28-2019, 09:58 AM

3,217 posts, read 2,427,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rftw View Post
I had a yorkie who used to go to the back of the property to go. I hope it wasn't the boyfriend but by her facebook page the dogs looked like they loved the guy so I just can't see it but one never knows. Either way, whoever hurt this dog deserves punishment.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:12 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
My middle son is in prison because he beat the devil out of a drug dealer who was beating a dog . My son got 25 yrs for that . I think the reason he got 25 yrs in prison is because my son was competing in the ultimate fighting championship. He beat that POS drug dealer pretty good . I think our laws need to change concerning people taking care of the scum that hurts animals and little kids .Im proud of my son and I send him money and other things while he is locked up because I don't believe
my son did anything wrong . The only reason he is in prison is because we did not have the money at the time to get a high priced lawyer . Funny the drug dealer had a high priced suit for an attorney and pushed for the max my son could do . my son while out on bail gave the dog to his sister , she still has the dog and he is very happy with her .

Old 02-28-2019, 10:14 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
I hope whoever did this runs into someone like my son and gets the snot beat out of them . I hope the beater just gets to walk off as well .

Old 02-28-2019, 10:31 AM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Texas isn't great for animal rights. You can keep all kinds of exotics which really shouldn't be kept outside of a zoo.

Some real crazies in Texas too.

Old 02-28-2019, 10:36 AM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Texas isn't great for animal rights. You can keep all kinds of exotics which really shouldn't be kept outside of a zoo.

Some real crazies in Texas too.
I think in places like Alaska, they are much more under the radar. I think a lot of people go there to escape the eyes of civilization. The only reason the people who shot the baby bears were caught, it’s because those bears were being monitored by the state wildlife commission.

The reason Florida is brought up so much, it’s because it seems like a lot of cases of crazies not just in terms of animals but other incidents seem to be happening there. Like the guy who physically assaulted the McDonald’s clerk because they didn’t have straws on the counter. It seems like lately you read the stories and you see Florida in there and you’re like oh my goodness Florida again!

Old 02-28-2019, 02:21 PM

9,405 posts, read 11,153,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
The real danger from these types of people...eventually animals will not suffice anymore and they will move up to children, elderly people, women!

Its sad to say, but a 12 yr old that gets enjoyment from abusing small animals, WILL NOT get that same enjoyment when they are in their 30s or 40s or even younger...eventually they WILL move up to humans.
Indeed, sadists escalate to human victims. Best find them and drop them from a helicopter into an ocean. From 10,000'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events