Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 06:15 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
I know, right?

Scary to see so many people apparently delighting in the suffering of another.

The P&oC forum is a disgusting mess

This forum isn't that much better
Thing is, people like this make it hard on the rest of us with common sense. They also cost us money and over and over again, we have to get the government involved with making more rules about things they shouldn't have to get involved with. All because of people like her.

It's not just a little mistake. It's not something that happened by accident. It was deliberately wilful act based on a grown person's inability to make a sensible decision. I'm not happy she's hurt, but you have to ask yourself, if she's so dumb doing something like this, do you really want this woman operating a car next to you on the freeway? If she's going to do something stupid and dangerous, better she just takes herself out instead of endangering everyone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 06:40 PM

293 posts, read 121,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Thing is, people like this make it hard on the rest of us with common sense. They also cost us money and over and over again, we have to get the government involved with making more rules about things they shouldn't have to get involved with. All because of people like her.

It's not just a little mistake. It's not something that happened by accident. It was deliberately wilful act based on a grown person's inability to make a sensible decision. I'm not happy she's hurt, but you have to ask yourself, if she's so dumb doing something like this, do you really want this woman operating a car next to you on the freeway? If she's going to do something stupid and dangerous, better she just takes herself out instead of endangering everyone else.
I think your concerns are overblown

Old 03-12-2019, 09:18 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I hope instinct kicks in when we see something like that happen in front of us. I can't imagine thinking it through first. We'd just react instantly.

I don't exactly pity the woman, but I also don't think she "deserved" that attack. She made a stupid mistake in judgement. It's something we all do from time to time.

I'm glad she's fine.

I'm glad the cat is fine.

She apologized. Good enough for me.
That's why I said I wasn't sure I'd help. I can very well see instinct kicking in. Just thinking about it, I'd probably be yelling at how stupid she is when she crossed the barrier. Then when the cat grabbed her I'd have to make a split second decision about whether to help or not. Actually I think she deserved it. She didn't die, but learned a painful lesson. The only good think is she didn't endanger anyone but herself. Yes we all do stupid things, but stupidity runs on a spectrum. This was a pretty high level of stupid.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:26 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You all must believe in a punitive God, too...all stupid mistakes in judgment
deserve a gash on the arm, eh?

I'm glad the panther is in a nice zoo and not being poached....funny how different minds can be.
Just an observation. Here we are on the same thread, probably in the USA ...and so different.
Huh? Why bring God into this? Actions have consequences.

Just an observation, but it sounds like you have a attitude of some sort.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:33 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
OMG ... what beautiful animals.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:24 PM

745 posts, read 480,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
We ll wait and see.. I wouldnt be one bit surprised.
She was on CBS News the other night and although she admitted doing the wrong thing, she still tried to blame the zoo by saying the barrier was too close to the fence.

People like her are a trip.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:20 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,896,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
I think your concerns are overblown
I would sincerely hope so, but given the number of people who have died from trying to take a selfie, I'm not sure I'm overreacting.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:25 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Huge props to the zoo for not taking action against the animal (the jaguar).

Old 03-14-2019, 08:48 AM

1,065 posts, read 597,897 times
A moment of silence for Harambe. A little boy jumped in his cage for which Harambe grabbed the boy undelicately. Mortified onlookers and the irresponsible mother who ignored her son telling her beforehand that he would do this, added to the hysteria. And so Harambe, a gorilla was murdered.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:58 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Huge props to the zoo for not taking action against the animal (the jaguar).
I don't think any zoo would kill an animal for attacking someone that went around the boundaries where the animal can get them. The only time I've heard of this was when a person (usually a child) was actually in the enclosure with the animal and they felt they needed to do it to get the child back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events