Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 05:47 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,285,169 times

Advertisements

isnt Warren Buffet diet consists of Coke and Burger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 07:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Definitely an odd stance. Anti- healthy food, science AND medicine.
that isnt true at all and by saying that, you are opposing science and medicine. there isnt a proven link, just a guess. if you think there is no doubt that the poor diet caused blindness then you are anti-science and medicine.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:18 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
that isnt true at all and by saying that, you are opposing science and medicine. there isnt a proven link, just a guess. if you think there is no doubt that the poor diet caused blindness then you are anti-science and medicine.
He is blind from malnutrition. That word is IN the conditions name.

o nutritional optic neuropathy — a condition caused by a lack of nutrients, which impairs the normal functioning of nerve fibers and leads to optic nerve dysfunction.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-05-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
Have you read the case presentation in the Annals of Internal Medicine? if not, you should. https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/2...junk-food-diet There's plenty of his medical data and history therein providing substance to his diagnosis and treatment.
i read a little bit there and then it wanted me to register. did they catalog everything this kid ate every single day without missing anything? i doubt it.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:23 PM

Quote:
He is blind from malnutrition. That word is IN the conditions name.

o nutritional optic neuropathy — a condition caused by a lack of nutrients, which impairs the normal functioning of nerve fibers and leads to optic nerve dysfunction.
nah, he isnt. but i guess i wasnt totally accurate when it comes to the anti-medicine. i suppose medicine does take its best guess and attempts to treat (often wrongly). but science wouldnt make that claim and pretend that its 100% definitive (which they didnt actually do).

see:

"Researchers at The University of Bristol believe the teen’s junk food diet led to nutritional optic neuropathy — a condition caused by a lack of nutrients, which impairs the normal functioning of nerve fibers and leads to optic nerve dysfunction."

"believe" is qualifying language and is put there because they dont actually know for sure.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:31 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,821,209 times
A person who consumes almost nothing with nutritional value gets nutritional optic neuropathy.

Zebras and horses. It's pretty safe to assume the one caused the other (horse). 100%? No. He could have some sort of metabolism problems that is filtering out what little nutrition he gets, sure (zebra).

Do you own stocks in Pringles or something?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-05-2019, 08:14 PM

408 posts, read 259,577 times
Quote:
This.

Kids will eat junk if you let them, as parents it is part of the JOB to teach them to like healthier foods, and if you can't teach them to like it, force them to eat it anyway.
Your kids are not your buddy, your friend, or your pal. They are your kids, act like it. I agree. You may need to force them.

Old 09-06-2019, 05:54 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,668,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deoge View Post
Your kids are not your buddy, your friend, or your pal. They are your kids, act like it. I agree. You may need to force them.
Sometimes it can be hard. I was really underweight as a kid (like 3rd percentile for my height and weight at times), so forcing me to eat anything was a bit difficult. My diet was awful, but not as bad as this kid’s diet, thankfully. I think I ate green beans, carrots, had salads, and one of my main snacks was non-sugary cheerios, so I was getting vitamins that way.

He probably needed some therapy to get further in depth as to why he had the diet he had (I read it as he had some issue with textures and was avoiding many foods). If I didn’t like a food, a lot of times I would gag and it would be hard for me to get it down. If some sort of reaction is happening, he will need therapy to eat over it, not just a parent forcing him to sit there and eat the food in front of him.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:01 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,245,302 times
Even if it was a sensory issue there are other options. My son went through a phase where he didnt eat enough, he was really skinny but doctors werent concerned about his calories. They were concerned about the dark bruise like circles under his eyes and the fact that he was obviously anemic. So he drank nutritional shakes and took vitamins. after a year or 2 he ate normally and all is well. If this kid at 10 or 12 or 14 was sick from a nutritional deficit he should have been given vitamins. if he refused to take them daily, most vitamins can be administered in a shot. Vitamin b shot vitamin a etc. which his doctor was negligent and his parents were negligent in not providing.

Old 09-06-2019, 06:04 AM

27,147 posts, read 13,438,724 times
The boys parents should have been watchng his diet as well as making sure he was taking vitamin supplements that had been prescribed by the family doctor, and his parents should have made sure he saw the family doctor reguarly to check on his health.

Teenager 'blind' from living off crisps and chips - BBC News

Teen left blind and deaf after living off crisps, chips and white bread - Sky News

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events